• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

SHAQ

Lascar78

Don't know if this has been mentionned, but apparently the lakers are not giving Shaq the extension he wanted. And apparently he's upset, and claims that if he gets traded the 3 places he would like to play would be Orlando, Atlanta, or Dallas.

All morning on sports radio, they've been talking about the pros and cons of trading for Shaq. For instance he only has a few years left and he's declinin, but he's still a beast who'd instantly pack the house. And if you are able to use his star power to help sign many good FA's, you're still much better off once he's gone.

Any thoughts?

The only thought that comes to mind is, "oh, I wish he would come here."

Not only would he pack the house, be the beast of the east, he's also great in films like Freddy Got Fingered, Kazaam, and Steel!

• Premium Member

Shaq's going to push himself right into Orlando.

If you think about it.....

Orlando gives up Hill, Gooden, #1 this year and 2 more 1st rounders (I think they partway cover it plus they give up some capspace).

Now the Lakers could be mean and take Howard... But I think they'd take Okafor after that pounding they took...

The question is does that make up for Shaq? No... But if he wants out, no need to wait for him to opt out or to sit out most of the season... You might as well give him back.

I would like to see that:

Shaq/Howard/SF/Tmac/PG....

And:

Damp/Okafor/Hill/Kobe/Fisher(?)

Can Kobe take his team back tot he finals to meet Shaq's team?

no I've just now looked for it unsuccessfully. However, I've never heard anything from them that they said was a quote when it wasn't, so I'll give them the benefit of the doubt. Take that for what it's worth. It's still an interesting question if it is true

• Premium Member

NY story on the Lakers.

Quote:

I'll always do what's best for me," O'Neal said. "I'm not really sure where the organization wants to go from here."

But already having been turned down for an extension, he is thinking he'll be moved. If he is traded, he could live with the idea of going back to Orlando, or maybe to Atlanta or Dallas. Otherwise, he's not interested in relocating.

I respect Mitch Lawrence. Much more than Vescey...

I didn't see quotes though.

i would not trade that much stuff for shaq diesel. the only reason that helps pushes it through is hill's contract. but they'd have to not throw in their #1's for the rest of the decade..

as far as the ATL...we could trade for SHAQ, resign Jax, add KMart, and the dominate the EAst.

there goes capspace but that would put people in the seats.

LA would have to agree to accept EVERYONE on ORL's roster other than T Mac just to come up with enough salary to equal Shaq's $30 million salary next year. Do you think LA would take the roster of the worst team in the NBA MINUS its best player for the most dominant player in the NBA? LA would be CRAZY to do that deal, even if ORL threw in #1 and a future #1(s). LA would be MUCH better off letting Shaq opt out and CHOOSING the players to rebuild with rather than taking on ORL's garbage.

I wonder why Shaq wants to play in Atlanta? Even if he doesn't it gives us credibility as an organization to sign other free agents. If Shaq wants to play here why not anyone??

No one can ever say no one wants to play in Atlanta!!!

That statement gives us immediate credibility.

• Premium Member

I think they can do it with:

Hill/Howard/Gooden/Lue/#1 2004, 1st 2006, 1st 2008.

As far as the Lakers not taking the deal... I don't know...

If you could get Okafor/Hill/Gooden... You'd be pretty Set.. with youth.....

• Premium Member

I think that Cuban would take Shaq as his greatest deal. He has the personnell to get Shaq!!

I mean...

Walker/Dirk/Delk/1st to LAL for Shaq....

Shaq/Jamison/Finley/Daniels/Nash...

Dirk/Walker/George/Kobe/Delk....

I don't think anyone here seriously think that is a likely scenario. I was just curious how people feel about it if it's an option. Do you want to trade the house and take on his huge salary for instant competition in the east. It's called speculation. Evaluating possible events even if they're unlikely

Kind of like you sun fans who think you're getting Kobe. lol

No...There have been a lot of posters on here saying no one would want to come to this organization. If it is true that Shaq said this, then the previous statement is not true. There are some marquee players that want to come to Atlanta and play as a matter of fact the most dominant superstar in the league would elect to play here.

That is all I am saying.

• Premium Member

If the Mavs gave up Walker/Delk/Dirk and got Shaq... I can't see them not winning with Finley, Nash, and Jamison still there.

LA would be foolish not to take the deal.

It could even get to the point where Dallas plays:

Shaq, Fortson, Jamison, Finley, and Nash....

instead of Daniels...