• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Superb Middle of the year Damp trade....

Diesel

• Premium Member

This is one of Diesel's finest.....

Damp for Matrix!!

If we sign Damp to a reasonable contract and have capspace left over this is the move.

Phoenix is in desperate need of a C. IF it were possible to get them Damp via SNT, I would do it now. They are said to be shopping Marion because he's not an impact player and they want to have the threesome of Nash/Qrich/JJohnson as their future with Stoudamire.

Yes, we have swingmen galore...

BUT...

We move Lil Al to PF...

JT, J-Chill, Marion, Harrington, Collier...

Defensive pressure galore.. especially after JT is gone.

Marion Shopping

First, because the Clippers are going to match the QRich offer since they lost out on Kobe.

Second, because Damp is not worth the Matrix, we would have to throw in something.

Third, because why would we want Marion who is a young all-star SF when we are wanting to groom Josh Smith for the future and still have a very young Diaw to play there as well?

I don't think it's unfair to PHX. Right now we are really hurting at center(Voskuhl, Lampe). That's disgustingly bad. Damp is a top 5 center and if he proves that last year wasn't a fluke, I'd trade Marion for him provided the Clips didn't match Q.

I just don't see why the Hawks would do it. You already have Diaw and Josh Smith. Marion would eat up all their minutes(he plays around 40 a game). Sure, he'd be an All-Star in the East but you guys are rebuilding and Marion is more of a 3rd option than a cornerstone type guy. Joe Johnson would probably fit your needs better.

• Premium Member

Quote:

First, because the Clippers are going to match the QRich offer since they lost out on Kobe.

It's the 22nd, they have 6 more days. Qrich and Maggette have rumored to be fighting over a woman. Sterling is already a cheapskate. He might hold over his money and try for a big name like Allen in the offseason...

Quote:

Second, because Damp is not worth the Matrix, we would have to throw in something.

Maybe. I would throw a first in the mix.. But you have to look through the Suns eyes...

They have Jacobsen, Johnson, Barbosa, Lampje, and Qrich along with Matrix to play the SG/Sf spot. Do you think that Matrix is more valuable to them than a dominating C to play beside Stoudamire? Market wise, Matrix may be worth more, but even that's questionable. You can't compare a Sf to a really good Big man!

• Premium Member

Quote:

so who exactly is playing defense on the other team's center (i.e. shaq) ?

Doesn't matter. Collier/Rebraca guards Shaq.

Let me paint this picture....

This team of ours in transition from bottom to Top. We have a mold of player that we are looking for... Young Defensive.. Atheletic.

Marion fits that mold and is locked up for long enough to withstand the transition.

The real question is what about Lil Al.

The answer is... If he can play PF, we're golden.

The other question is what about Josh Smith. The answer is that we know he will take a few years to mature. If he becomes a Pf... Great.

So what about Shaq, who's guarding him.

Shaq has a finite time in the league. I'm not concerned about Shaq or the Shaq's. I'm more concerned about putting a team on the floor that can dominate with defense. There's only one shaq and until Ogden gets to the League, there will be a long time before we see another. In the meanwhile, we have to make the best of "medium Ball".

I am making up a new style of play... "medium ball". This is the way Atlanta is headed and it will become the wave of the future. "Medium ball". Where every player on the team is between 6'7 and 7'0. All players are atheletic, long, and versatile but mainly plays good defense.

If Diaw can learn to play PG in an uptempo system, he can be a medium ball PG, but he has a long way to go.

But imagine:

Diaw/J-Chill/Marion/Lil Al/Collier...

Medium Ball starting 5. We punish PGs. We outrun big Cs.

The other thing that makes marion so valuable to us is his rebouding. He rebounds better than a lot of PFs.