• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

This is my best article yet please read!

Hawksfreak

Today at JT's Bowling Tourney I learned a lot. Before I got there I talked to Jeterry. "This team is ready!" "This is our year,but I think we need one more piece just one more peice." Hmmm. interesting,but lets see what Hendu says "We are still young,but talented." "That what Hawks do they soar and that what we are going to do." He looks ready but how about DJ? "Young,but very talented." "Dan will help out a lot and this is gonna be the year we bring back the playoffs in Atlanta!" It sound like there ready but how about Nick Van Exel? Wait Van Exel he plays for the Dallas Mavericks right? I asked him after I asked him if he would like to be a Hawk "Do you like the chemistry?" "Yup!" "This team has huge power and young guns,and when you add that up you get a great team!" "With players like Theo,JT,Reef,Toni they will get far." , says the Mavericks Guard.

"They still need to gel", says Sam I am. "They have a great team don't hold that down!" Do we know JT as only a Basketball player? Not now! I was on his bowling team and he scorched those pins like he does to the nets at philips. "Ahhh he's not too shaby", says Eric Snow Phill's PG. -Mike Pamfilis

Hawks Report:

Hawks are talking into getting Spree,and former Hawk Kevin Willis. The deal with Spree doesn't involve JT that all I know right now,but Kevin Willis wants to come back and we have been talking to him for a while. Will we get Spree or Kevin? Who knows? -Mike Pamfilis

Spreewell? Last I heard the Bucks were talking to him (see ESPN.COM). Spree is a good player but I don't think he's what the Hawks need. In my opinion Spree wants to be "the man" on whatever team he goes to and we all know "the man" in Atlanta is Reef. I think we need to focus on getting role players, not guys that feel they need to score 20-25 points a night. Oh yeah, it's good to hear that JT is excited about next year. Keep up the good work Hawksfreak.

I doubt Kevin Willis will be back in a Hawks uniform simply because I remember someone asking Babs on "Ask the GM" about some of the former Hawks players in particular Mookie Blaylock.Babs stated the orginazation appreciated what Mookie,Steve, Ty Corbin and Grant Long did for the orginazation but they are looking to go in another direction instead of getting aging players. So you could add Kevin Willis into that group of players as well.We are not looking for player who are on the down side of there career.

I am all for getting Sprewell as long as we don't give up JT/SAR/Theo or DJ. I would send them Hendu and Dion. LOL that probably won't get it done but ay it's worth a try. We could add a pick.

I would suggest sending Toni, but I would like the cap space when his contract is up.

Well Babcock has already said that Spree will not be in a Hawk

uniform.We may go after some like James Posey.It is said that

he is up for trade and I bet Denver would love Toni's cap space.

Ricky Davis would be cool to get in a S&T with Cleveland.What

do you think of signing Ricky Davis to a $5 million contract and

a S&T with Cleveland?

Jason Terry

Ricky Davis

Dermarr Johnson

SAR

Theo

That is a young and talented lineup.Ricky Davis gives us more

atheletic ability and is a strong dunker.

From what I've heard, John Lucas is pining for him in Cleveland.

Posey brings one of the things we are looking for to the table. Defense. He's a terrific defender and a slashing scorer. If we play DerMarr at shooting guard, Posey would fit in very well at small forward. Their games contrast so well.

I wouldn't rule out Kevin Willis signing as a back up center. Nazr very likely will be playing on another team next season, and Willis could be the guy to give Theo a blow every now and then.

Please reactivate my user name and password. See I told ya everyone thinks I'm doing better. Please be a pal and reactivate my user name and password!

Spreewell would make us a 4 seed and a second round playoff team in return we would take on a large long term contract on an aging player. I think it is a bad move we need to get a young SF, because DJ is to soft to be a forward, Mike Miller, Shane Battier, Lamar Odom and Shawn Marion are all good canidates.

We don't have the extra pieces to get Marion.

Battier is possible,but I think we are going to end

up with a James Posey or there is always a Ricky

Davis who is what?22 years old??And he is very

atheletic to go along with JT/DD at the PG spot.

......is Jamal Crawford.

I still see a three way deal between Atlanta, Orlando, and Chicago that will send Crawford to Atlanta, Mohammed to Orlando, and Miller to Chicago.

I think the Hawks are looking for a shooting guard moreso than a small forward, and Crawford is a guy they like a lot.

Could be true, nice thought KB. If you think about it, it'd make more sense for us to go after a sg as DJ can easily play the three and if Ira's in, his quickness helps against threes and on offense, his lack of outside shooting is much less of a liability (if you're a 2, you gotta be able to knock 'em down from the perimeter).

Question is...would you rather have Mike Miller or Crawford? why make it a three team?

• Admin

really I am surprised. I think Chicago envisions a backcourt of Crawford and Jay Williams. I don't think they want to give him up. That way there is no pg or sg, both guys will play both roles and it will make the team hard to defend. Throw in Rose as a point forward and you have a 3 man assist machine.

I like Crawford alot, and I'd trade Nazr for him in a heartbeat.

I'm not all that concerned about his knee. After he returned late last season, he showed obvious improvement over his rookie year.

I'm just worried if he is the "impact" player that we're looking for. Spreewell or Eddie Jones are player that we know could come in and make us a better team. Crawford would definately help us out, but how much better would he make us?

A JT/Crawford backcourt would be tough to stop, as both players can play both PG and SG.

I'd pull the trigger on the deal, but only if I knew that getting a guy like Spree or Jones won't be possible.

JT/DD/E-Mail

Crawford/Dion

DJ/Newble/Kukoc/CC

SAR/Hendu

Theo/Bennett?

Maybe we could swing a Kukoc/Dion for Dampier deal with E-Muss?

Everything I'm hearing out of Chicago says that they want Miller to play small forward with a backcourt of Williams and Rose. They still have Crawford at the point guard spot. The Hawks were looking at Crawford as a shooting guard.

Cap its the same situation as with us. We have Nazr as our top BU that can come in and backup both the 4 and 5, but he is our best trade bait and we can use him to get that starting SG/SF that we need (SG in this case and move DJ to SF). Same thing for Chicago is that they need a starting SF they need in Miller by giving up a BU. Miller would be a backup on Orlando so they are giving up their top BU to get a starting Center. All 3 teams would really help themselves here and I pray that we get either Miller or preferrably Crawford.

• Admin

In that scenerio I would rather have Miller. He is just the type of player we need at our SF postion and he is a great third option on offence. Crawford although I would like to have him too is unproven. He would be a nice backcourt with JT but so is DJ.

Miller is the guy we should grab in that scenerio and then sign Willis as our new backup center.