• Raised $390 of $700 target

Dont feel too bad with 0-4 start

JTFan31

Denver 1-4

Sacramento 1-4

Golden State 0-5

Memphis 1-4

New Orleans 0-4

Just look at these 5 teams with a bismal 3-21 combine record. All 5 of these teams are good enough to challenge for a playoff spot in their respected division. Maybe, just maybe if we can gel together, just like these teams need to.....then maybe we can turn it around and surprise everyone, just like these teams have surprise everyone with their lousy records. Strange that Memphis, Kings, Hornets and Nuggets have these bad records, they have been together for more than a year, except for Denver because the aquisition of K-Mart.

• Premium Member

Early on, there are some surprise teams...

Toronto, Phoenix, and even Orlando. I think that this league is moving towards Parity because by the middle of the season, there will be some extremely good teams like Minn, Utah, SA, Phoenix, Miami, and Indy... Then there will be the middle of the Pack like Milwaukee, Memphis, Houston, LAL, etc.

I think that we must improve. Us being a losing team right now is not so bad... And I don't think we will win 50... But I think that the effort of both sides of the ball have to and will get better.

New Orleans isn't good enough to challenge out west with

out Mash. They BARELY made the playoffs in the east. No

chance to win out west. The Warriors have some talent,

but they underachieve all the time. Memphis is the only

one that surprises me. Look what has happend to the Kings:

1)They lost Vlade

2)fighting between Webb and Peja

3)They have lost most of the depth they have had

4)Peja seems to be struggling

5)They are simply a team that has past it's prime. They

should have beaten the Lakers a few years ago. That was

the only real shot they had.

And don't forget Doug Christie is 35 years old now. Denver

had 4 forwards with Mello, Nene, Martin and Skita and do

not seem to have room for them.

SAC lost their depth, but thats only b/c they were the MOST TALENTED team. that being said, while they lack some depth- they're still talented and dangerous.

i see them in the playoffs.

but NOT NEW ORLEANS. they will not make it out in the WEST.

i think the biggest surprise is

1)UTAH- AK47 leads the league in blocks. boozer is a dominating rebound force. they play great team basketball. they will make the playoffs

2)SUNS- we all knew that last year was an off year for them. fresh new start + NASH = playoffs.

The slow start does not bother me. I simply did not expect this team to win any of the west coast opening games. Losing at home is a concern that needs pondering, although I expected King James to have a good game against us. What might be a problem is if we do not find solutions at the point and at center. If we don't address those positions................its going to be a long season.

• Moderators

Center will be a problem for us all year, but if Ivey and KA can combine for a solid PG then we'll be ok. Each game we look a little better which is the mark of good coaching. If our young guys continue to improve at the rate they are doing then we should be a competitive team. Maybe not a playoff team.

Remember the Heat started last year 0-7 with a new coach and some young talent and they really jelled. And it worked out for them because the coach was good, the young guys learned quickly and played aggressively, and they had a couple veterans to turn to. Not unlike these Hawks.