• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Interesting, Houston acquires Wesley

Packfill

• Premium Member

What the hell is Houston doing???

I kinda realized that Wesley was getting traded. They didn't want him in N.O.

But what the hell is Houston doing.. Ok, so they move McGrady to SF.

Yao/Taylor/McGrady/Wesley/Ward

Then again... Maybe they plan to use Wesley as a PG again?!

Yao/Howard/Taylor/McGrady/Wesley!?!

the jon barry move, i can understand. if they want more outside shooters.

but Jim Jackson for David Wesley?

they're both good shooters and EXCELLENT FT shooters.

if Wesley was 4-5 inches taller, he would be JIM JACKSON.

it must be a chemistry issue. either Jackson isint playing well next to Yao/McGrady or has attitude problems.

and as for NO- they arent going anywhere. in fact, we have a better chance at playoffs than NO. so might as well pick up the potential in Nachbar and take a chance at Jackson. they also pick up some cap space next year doing this trade.

• Premium Member

I think it's because Wesley is really a PG. He came into the league as a PG for Boston I believe. I think Houston will put him back at the PG position... I think the reason why is they need a Ball handler and they need somebody who can stir up fear from outside. I agree with you that Jackson definitely is a guy who can hit an outside shot, but Jackson and McGrady are not good enough to bring the ball up.

ON BARRY...

The NY Post is reporting that Barry was a problem in the lockerroom? Has anybody heard that from another source??

• Moderators

I don't know if I believe that Barry was a problem in the locker room. I'm sure he wanted to play.

I like Wesley a lot more than Jackson. Like you said he's quicker and a better ball handler which is what you want out of your deep threats. Having height is no big whoop if you're at the 3 point line all the time.

I wish we had made a Barry deal for Wesley. I don't know what he has left on his contract though. I like Lue but we could sure use a shooter like Wesley.

Wesley was NOT a PG that is why he was traded(or not resigned) from Boston.

Wesley is a great catch and shoot guy and N.O. is running that Princeton offense that doesn't utilize his shooting has much as the Hornets offense use to. I have no idea why N.O. didn't get something like a pick for wesley.....maybe they hope JJ can fill Mashburns shoes????

jr

• Premium Member

Wesley is more of a PG than you think...

He might not have worked out for Boston, but in N.O. he supplemented for Baron Davis a lot. Davis is going to be exposed without Wesley (if he stays in N.O.) Davis is a turnover machine, a lot of times, old catch and shoot Wesley took up the slack... Or at least, that's how Silas played him.

I fully expect Davis to be a Clipper before March, but if he's heathy and stays in N.O., expect his turnovers to go way up. I would think N.O. had Pete Babcock calling the shots for them they way that they are putting together their team...