• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Celts and Knicks show interest in Walker

JTFan31

Quote:

Despite denials out of Boston, the Celtics' intentions regarding rising free agent Antoine Walker are indeed honorable. They also can provide enough expiring and humble contracts to meet trade requirements. The snags? The Hawks demand rookie Al Jefferson or a first-round pick be included in the mix. It appears that's not going to happen. Ownership has expressed its unwillingness to re-sign Walker. As always, the Knicks are angling to turn this into a three-way affair where they wind up cuddling with Walker.

I wonder what the Knicks can offer us in return. Is Jefferson on the blocks? There is not hint who the Knicks would offer, but I know Kurt Thomas and Penny are on the blocks

If the Celtics want Walker because of his contract status, then Al Jefferson MUST be included in the deal. I don't really care if he's on the block or not. They either give up Al Jefferson in the deal, or there is no deal. The Hawks shouldn't have to give them a first round pick as well.

....the Knicks have absolutely nothing that is beneficial to the Hawks. Once again, the media is blowing up the New York Knicks and believing that the Knicks can make any trade work.

The ONLY player on the Knicks that I would want is Trevor Ariza, because he is the only player on that team that doesn't have a cap killing contract.

who cares about Jefferson? Let's just get a future first and an expiring contract. Is that too much to ask? It gotten to the point where other teams seem to think they're doing the hawks a favor by taking walker. I don't think a future 1st is too much to ask for when we're talking about a legit 2nd or 3rd scorer and a solid rebounder who's contract is up. It seems like teams were lining up for rasheed last year, we couldn't even keep him around for more than one game. But it's starting to look like we might be forced to let Walker go withouyt getting anything.

Why can't we get a rookie that was drafted lower for an all-star caliber power forward??? Geez. What do they think we'll accept for Walker? It's not like we have to trade him."

Beside it appeasrs Jefferson has a bright future and

Walker is what he is and maybe they don't want to give

up a young player with potential.