• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

I really feel somebody needs to go...

TheDude

I say this because our young guys need playing time the rest of the season. My vote is for Walker just because of age I guess. But there doesnt seem to be a doable deal out there from what I keep hearing.

Then again Sacramento just traded shine for sh.it so you never know what will happen. Maybe this will cause another Eastern team to jump on Antoine to help them battle Philly now? I think the two teams where Antoine would fit best would be Jersey or Miami but I don't think they have anything to trade.

• Premium Member

Like I said about Philly, they were looking to move some bad contracts and they have.... Even though they take on Webber's mammoth contract, I think over the life of his contract, Webber will be far more productive than what Philly gave up. Billy King deserves executive of the year for that move.

Otherwise, nobody wants to give us talent for Walker.

Harrington is movable, but the best Harrington deal is now gone. I figure there's no need to get Peja...

I suppose when it's all said and done, we might do a small trade like Delk/Diaw to Orlando for their first/Filler or something like that.

Quote:

jersey is gonna need walker now to compete in the atlantic...

kidd/mercer/vince/walker/krstic to finish the season and get into the playoffs...

kidd/vince/jefferson/walker/krstic in playoffs...

they send us their first...

Only reason why I'm not as against this trade is because I'd get to watch Walker on TV (YES Network) every game. grin.gif

That said, I don't think Walker is going anywhere so everyone get used to seeing Walker working his butt off till the end of this season...

• Moderators

Since we have the worst record in the NBA I don't think BK feels the need to make a trade now unless someone offered some real talent. The only player we have that would have to be traded now as opposed to the offseason is Walker. And that's only if we don't want him next year which I'm not convinced of. Everyone else can be traded in the offseason.

Quote:

That said, I don't think Walker is going anywhere so everyone get used to seeing Walker working his butt off till the end of this season...

You could be completely correct. Our goal seems to be build through the draft and with that said, we really do not have to move anyone before the deadline.

Walker could be a sign and trade anytime after the draft or maybe we resign him. And if BK wants to, he can move Harrington anytime before or after the draft once the season is finished.

We hear all these rumors about our two top scorers but fact is we do not HAVE to trade them. And that is just frustrating some of these expert analyst ( probably a few GM's as well) to no end.

Actually read a article were a espn analyst suggested that we should trade BOTH Harrington and Walker to Philly for Delamabert,Big Dog and some bum to match up salaries. Now you tell me that's not the craziest thing you have ever read. I know its not, this Webber deal is the craziest, but that would be crazy as well.

BK seems to be all about patience and since we are not making a push for the playoffs anytime soon, we can wait it out until a good offer comes or just keep our two best scorers. No harm, no foul as long as we do not make a bad move.

I agree, we are not one of the teams way over the cap or near it, feeling all that pressure to make a good playoff run.

If they want anyone we have for their run it will cost them and that's just the way it is. We have less reason to move them and they have a whole lot bigger reason to anty up for them.

yeah, we don't have to make a move for the sake of making a move...

but i do want another first, as i want bogut AND a felton/jack/williams/gilchrist...

however, we can always move al on draft night for a teens pick to get the pg after we get bogut...and we can snt walker to a team for a 7-8mil/year player...

Patience is BK's game. The best bargains are found at the end of the offseason which is when we got both Walker and Harrington for next to nothing. He is not in a hurry to make a move if we don't get value out of it. Also, people remember, I've said this a few times, if Walker does not get traded now he can still be traded in the offseason. In fact the only way he would be signed as a UFA, without any compensation, is if one of the two or three teams under the cap make a push for him or he signs for the MLE. Last year I learned this watching Sjax. I thought he would be signed as a UFA and the Hawks would get nothing out of it.

The Hawks will get compensation for Walker, if not today than during the offseason.

• Premium Member

The rookies need more than PT. They need to have a significant role on the team. They need to be able to make mistakes without being yanked and they need to be able to shoot when they feel like it. And they need to be playing against the best in the league when it matters...not in garbage time, which they weren't even getting in the beginning of the year.

Doesn't sound so absurd at the present does it...? smirk.gif

I also said that it was likely that we'd deal Walker at the end of the season. Nobody wants to trade you assets (picks, players) for a potential asset (Walker) unless they are really confident they can keep that player. On the other hand, we're in the driver's seat for Walker. I smell SNT with something worked out in the draft if possible.

If we do a deal, I have a sneaking suspicion that Chicago may be involved with either Harrington or Walker.