• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Ah, the Kwame Brown of old

chillzatl

• Admin

21 minutes, 2 points, 1 FG attempt, 4 boards, 4 fouls.

how much better would the wizards be if they could count on him for even 10ppg? He follows up a mediocre game with a game that was even more typical of him.

Talent means little when you don't have the heart, guts and determination to make the most of it.

I'm starting to think we might could trade a unneeded piece to get Kwame. Then give him a one year tryout before we sign him for too much. Washington will not want to break up the core of their current team and will want to resign Hughes while tweaking a little. I think the fans now want Kwame outta there also. Diaw might be a player they'd take, he could backup 3 positions for them and it's not like they need someone who'll shoot. I'd throw in our late second rounder if that would get the deal done. With a change of scenery and lotsa PT, Kwame still has a chance. Even at his current performance level he's better than anything we put on the court last year.

I'm starting to think the Kwame is an un-needed piece by anyone. Seriously. This is NOT his first trip to the playoffs (arenas and Hughes can't say that can they? Hughes was traded before the postseason while he was in Philly right?).

seriously, who's going to pay him? with two young guys developing, three if you count Harrington learning how to be an alpha dog, where do you want to play him? Off the bench? great for his already astonishing 'confidence.' oh, you want him to start? at center? or pf?

for the mle, which is aobut what he's going to get (if he signs an extension contract/new deal with anyone outside wash will be higher than) would you rather have someone like Dale Davis (not him specifically)...or even another 'tough vet' that will play for HALF to the FULL MLE?

honestly. give us some vets, continued stability, and be like Nancy Reagan...just say no.

yeah, resign deke, get keven willis to resign and suit up...

add campaign can be: "They're blocking ALL the lanes...cause they drive so slow!"

then pan/zoom over to a two lane highway heading into/around atlanta, backed up LONG in one direction...with the zoom up the traffic line to show deke and kw in seperate cars, let's say cadillac's, cruisin at 35, looking back and forth laughing at each other/mirrors

Tyson Chandler

22min 4 points, 1-3 shooting, 7 rebounds, 1 block, 6 fouls

I'm not defending Kwame here I just saying what the hell do we do. All of these young guys seem to be very inconsistent. Should we be judging them on stats alone. I like Chandler more than any Big FA but Based on his stats this game I wouldn't offer him a big contract either. Maybe we should sign a war tested free agent like Deke. Maybe Grant Long was right. Whether we draft a big man or get a young big through free agency we might be in for another season of 1 point wins or losses followed by 30 point blowouts the next game.

• Admin

As of right now, we draft Bogut is what we do. Until someone steps up in the workouts and forces the spotlight on themselves, we take the only really good center prospect out there.

You can talk all day long about him not being a strong shot blocker or not having good lateral quickness. But the guy has the skills and drive to instantly become a top 5 center in this league, if not better. So at worst you have a player at the position that only 4 other teams can claim to have better. That's at the worst, if he didn't develop, which is unlikely. At best you end up with a guy that becomes the 2nd best center in the game next to Shaq, who's not going to be around too much longer.

You aren't going to match that with anyone who is available via free agency. Until a draftee comes up who clearly offers those same advantages, we'd be dumb to not to take him.

Quote:

As of right now, we draft Bogut is what we do. Until someone steps up in the workouts and forces the spotlight on themselves, we take the only really good center prospect out there.

You can talk all day long about him not being a strong shot blocker or not having good lateral quickness. But the guy has the skills and drive to instantly become a top 5 center in this league, if not better. So at worst you have a player at the position that only 4 other teams can claim to have better. That's at the worst, if he didn't develop, which is unlikely. At best you end up with a guy that becomes the 2nd best center in the game next to Shaq, who's not going to be around too much longer.

You aren't going to match that with anyone who is available via free agency. Until a draftee comes up who clearly offers those same advantages, we'd be dumb to not to take him.

The question is, given the declining talent level at the center position over the past decade, is having a top five center better then having a top 10 point guard?

• Admin

because it gives you that much more of a talent gap over everyone else. If Shaq were playing during that era of dominant centers of the 80's (Ewing, robinson, Hakeem, etc), he would still be a dominant figure. But his impact would not be nearly what it is today. The fact that he's as rare as he is makes him even more valuable.

It's like saying what team today, other than Miami, would not jump at the opportunity to sign Yao? All of them, because Yao would instantly give them a huge advantage at that position over 28 other teams in the league.