• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

BK just screwed us man!!!!!!!!!!!

hotboyj

I just found out that Portland offered us #3 and Miles for #2 and we said no.

Is BK as fukcin idiot???

D. Miles at this point in his career is better than Smoove.

Last year he averaged 12.8 ppg in 27mpg

He had a career high of 47 pts against Denver this season!!!

With #3 we could pick up Deron. Could you imagine Deron running the fast break with Chillz and Miles on the wing, with Smoove trailing. Deron might take it and dunk on someone himself.

This is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better than getting Marvin and letting him sit on the bench for the first half of the season, just so we could demote Chillz and let him rot away. Sure you're saying we would still be too deep at the forward spot, but now I would have no problem trading Al since we know at the least we are getting a player who would be just as good as him given the same minutes. Trade Al, La pick, even next year's pick, whatever it takes to get Bynum. He could very easily make us forget the name Dwight Howard.

Imagine

Deron

Chillz

Miles

Smoove/Amir Johnson or Kyle Luckett

Bynum(37" vert)/Morris

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAy better than

Lue(maybe Watson)

Chillz

Smoove/Marvin

Al/Amir Johnson

Drobs/Morris

Much like with dating the fairer sex, trades may work better if you feign disinterest initially.

Besides, why couldn't BK do this on draft night? What advantage does he gain by doing so now? Let the other teams who want the #2 pick sweat it out and make offers -- maybe even better than #3 and Miles -- then, while BK relaxes behind his cards with his Zen-like calm.

Maybe I'm being too optimistic about all this.

• Premium Member

What if Bogut fell to #2 on Draftnight?

WHat if MWill's stock dropped significantly between now and then.

Right now, BK is playing the cards right. If there's a trade to be had, BK holding on to #2 puts us in a good position when draft night rolls around. Because in these next few days, Hysteria will continue. Teams will become desperate. I say he hold out until he gets Magloire/#4!

What?

I'm glad he didn't take that trade! How long as Darius been in the league? This was his fifth season in the league, and for all the so called potential he had, he averaged less than 2 points per game more than a first year player and 19 year old Josh Smith. How exactly does that make Darius better than Josh right now?

He isn't. Darius has been in the league for five years, and he still has no range outside 5 feet. He's still too small to play power forward. He's got no heart as well.

Darius would have been nothing but a bench player for the Hawks.

• Premium Member

Miles is nothing more than a non-talented thug punk. I would fire BK if he made that deal.

I would not trade this pick unless it was a deal we couldn't refuse. I would like to have either D. Williams or Paul, but we have the worst team in the NBA and need help at every position, We have to take the best player.

Thank you KB. People want to believe that, since Miles was a #3 pick, he will eventually become something. Sorry, but your draft position doesn't predict your career. I'm sick of no talent athletes in the NBA. Whatever happened to players that didn't look goofy as h*ll when they dribbled the ball or shot a 3? Why would you want Miles when you have Smoove and Chill as well?

Yall act is if D. Miles is as bad as Gerald Wallace.

Anyone who had a 47 pt game is better than Smoove, since his carrer high is what 25 at the most.

Miles may have been in the league for 5 years, but since he is coming out of highschool that makes him maybe 23 at the most.

I can say at the least he will be better than Harrington by the time the two are out of the league.

We don't even know if Marvin will be as good as Harrington.

BK did the right thing avoiding Darius Miles. Read the following clips from Portland.

"According to the Oregonian newspaper, Miles repeatedly called Cheeks a racial epithet and shouted that he didn't care if the Blazers lost 20 games in a row. Many of the Blazers said they felt they needed to rally around Cheeks, who was outwardly shaken up by the incident. "Coach is a great guy and he hates when it comes to something like this with the players, because he's all for the players," said Theo Ratliff."

The Portland Trail Blazers have suspended forward Darius Miles for two games for conduct detrimental to the team and insubordination. “I am disappointed that we’ve had this distraction to deal with today,” said Trail Blazers President Steve Patterson. “We expect a certain behavior from everyone in our organization, and what happened yesterday is not acceptable behavior. The organization is suspending Darius for two games effective today.”

Other comments:

"He is a great talent and if he'd focus, he could be the star he wants to be. Only time will tell if Darius realizes he has some growing up to do. I still think that apologizing publicly and sincerely would be a huge step forward. I don't expect to see it anytime soon. I appreciate a veteran player that is willing to invest time and experience into a young player. That tells me they think the player is worth it. It's just too bad that guys like Darius don't realize what a drain of energy they are on the people around them. For a team, it is very detrimental."

So, do you really WANT this guy? Sounds like poison and would drag down our young guys. Another high school kid who should have gone to college. They ought to give us the #3 pick free just for taking Miles off their hands.

yeti

Rasheed Wallace was labeled as a trouble maker coming out of Portland.

He had a bad rep for being a bad teammate, and he was uncoachable, and he never watched his mouth.

He gets to Detroit and the only bad thing he does is curse when they lose.

Yeah players may be bad, but don't think their environment had nothing to do with it.

The same thing again was said about Stephen Jackson before he came to Atlanta. He got here and there was not one bad incident, but as soon as he leaves he goes back to his crazy ways.

Though we may not win, we hardly ever have any problems with players. Sometimes guys just need a change of scenery, and more demanding coaches. Woodson is a tough cookie and would bring out the best in Miles. His only failure is Diaw, who still made SOME improvements this year.

Portland also has a reputation for choosing players with attitude problems. (Management weakness.) But I do agree that someone like Woodson could do a Darius Miles some good, however he has a lot of other young players who also need his help and don't have an attitude problem. (Maybe a mature team like Detroit could take the time with Miles.) - and his stats aren't THAT good.

Happy Friday,

yeti

Did he punch out a wall, did he throw chairs, or did he just cuss a little?

It must not have been something major, but then again the Hawks hardly ever get any media, so it isn't a surprise something happened and I missed it.

He got Chillz to put on weight

JoshChildress1.jpg

2_PlayerHeaders.jpg

Quote:

Rasheed Wallace was labeled as a trouble maker coming out of Portland.

He had a bad rep for being a bad teammate, and he was uncoachable, and he never watched his mouth.

He gets to Detroit and the only bad thing he does is curse when they lose.

Yeah players may be bad, but don't think their environment had nothing to do with it.

The same thing again was said about Stephen Jackson before he came to Atlanta. He got here and there was not one bad incident, but as soon as he leaves he goes back to his crazy ways.

Though we may not win, we hardly ever have any problems with players. Sometimes guys just need a change of scenery, and more demanding coaches. Woodson is a tough cookie and would bring out the best in Miles. His only failure is Diaw, who still made SOME improvements this year.

The difference is Rasheed and SJack have serious talent. Miles has athleticism but too many holes in his game. He truly is without a position since he can't hold post position and he can't shoot.

Miles is a cancer. His problems did not start in Portland and they will not end in Portland.... Why do you think they are shopping Miles? I think the kid has reached his potential and it is all downhill from here. Can you say journeyman..until retirement. BK did the right thing if he turned down this deal.

OK. Interesting statements about Miles... Here is my take seeing him the last 1.5 years.

Miles is an unbelievable talent. The 5 foot jump shot range is laughably erroneous. He has improved upon his jump shot incredibly.

His talent is better than Harrington and Wallace. His defense is better than both. His ballhandling for a small forward is not bad and he runs the floor much better than both.

His attitude? Not so great. But in all fairness, these players *all* gave up last year:

NVE

Derek Anderson

Theo Ratliff

So singling Miles out for last year is unfair. The unforgivable tirade against Cheeks was out of control and showed his immaturity however and I'm leery of him.

Now all of that being said, I would not have made the trade of the number 2 for Miles and the 3. Simply because Miles cannot go back to a shi$ty team trying to make strides to improve which let's face it the Hawks are. He needs to go to a team with a veteran coach like Jackson, Brown or Carlisle that have had a history of dealing with players lke that. If he does... potential superstar.