• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

BK get a A+!!!!!!

emeans

I give this draft a B+

I would have given it an A if BK had taken Ukic at 31, Salim is a great shooter though so it's not a bad pick

the Hawks still have no point guard and no big men worth a crap so now I hope they can go out and sign either Chandler or Dalembert

This draft was rather uninspiring. We basically got pigeon holed into taking Marvin Williams, and Salim is a solid pick. Williams was definitely the only direction we could of went at #2.

IMO this is one of the weakest drafts for big men in a long time. I've never seen a draft so littered with so many undersized PF's, and PF sized SF’s that think they are Perimeter players. Leave it to the hawks to get the #2 pick in a bigman less draft. Overall I'm just down on this draft class period.

Other than the PG's I thought this was one of the weakest draft classes in a long time.

Knight gets an A+ for making the right moves, but I won't hold my breath waiting on Marvin Williams to lead us to the Promised Land. However, I do take comfort in knowing that at least one: Chilz, Smooth, or Williams will be a Superstar and hopefully all three will be near superstar level.

I like the fact that we added some much needed perimeter shooting with Williams and Salim, maybe Harrington will have some room to work in the post now.

Most disappointing thing is that we haven't improved where we really needed it, Defense. Hopefully we will address this through free agency, or it will be another exciting losing season of 15 wins. We have got to find a center that can rebound and play defense, or this season will be a waste.

• Premium Member

BK did the same thing that Rob Babcock did. Babcock gets shyt from everyone and you want to throw a party for BK...

We didn't fill any need. NOT 1.

The C for this year is still Drobs.

The Pf for this year is still Al.

We are in the same situation as before... With Marvin Williams playing the role of Antoine Walker... And I believe that Antoine Walker is better.

Salim Stoudamire. Too small for the pros. NOT a PG. Stoudamire is JT all over again except he's more tempermental and he has less natural PG skills.

A+???

confused.gif

should have known youd be whining about the picks already

Billy Knight did pretty good last year, so im willing to give him a chance this type around

and the Hawks finally having a sharpshooter could be a very good thing IMHO

or did you really think this draft was going to turn the franchise around in 1 night?

grin.gif

• Premium Member

Butch Please...

Tell me... Who was the last FA we were able to get to come to Atlanta??

Tell me... With the Cap going to 50 million and MANY FA teams having more money to spend on FAcy and with rosters going comfortably to 14... Tell me... What FAs will Atlanta get??

Didn't you pay attention last season??

With the most money to spend last year... we were turned down by several free agents... Now, we have the most money to spend again and now other teams also have money...

Salim Stoudamire Guard | #20 | Senior | Roster. Height: 6-1 Weight: 179 lbs

Chris Paul Birthdate: 5/6/85 NBA Position: Point Guard College: Wake Forest Class: Sophomore Ht: 5-11 Wt: 175

Who's too small for the NBA???

• Moderators

Damn. Did anyone see the Hawks last year. We did draft for need. We NEED more good players. We don't just need a C and PG. We desperately need shooters, we need depth, we need a go to guy. Both picks are good shooters. Williams has the potential to be a goto guy in a way that Smoove and Chill may never be. We aren't at the stage in this process of just filling holes and marching into the playoffs.