• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

War of the Worlds

chillzatl

and that was the guy who had the working camcorder during the first tripod attack. I dont see how they overlooked that.

Also, I havent gone to see this in the theaters yet, just watched a DLd copy and the bastards that recorded it missed the last 15 seconds of narraration so I am not sure if there was anything important. Hopefully not. Cant wait to see the next 2.

• Admin

you do the movie injustice by not seeing it in the theater. The dl's that are out there are barely worth watching.

there are a thousand possible scenarios to explain why his camera still worked. EMP isn't 100% effective.

You didn't miss anything in the last 15 seconds. Not sure what you mean by "next 2". It's war of the worlds, there won't be sequels.

When the movie was first talked about 2 years ago it was said that Tom Cruise signed on to do the trilogy, which would pay him $300 million, which would make him the richest actor in history for a movie series. Now, that might have changed, but I am still inclined to think after seeing this that there could be at least one more, if not 2 more movies.

You are right, the DLd versions are crap right now, I just havent had time to get out to the theaters and see it yet.

Just saw the movie today. The movie was good but I just thought the ending was kind of lame. I know that is the way it was suppose to end but to me the ending could have went another way. I would give it a 4 out of 5stars. The ending kept it from getting a five IMO. I also want to say that Dakota fanning's character and the boy playing her brother were very annoying at times.

I thought the movie was intense, but I believe they rushed the ending. Plus, if you aren't of a high IQ, you would have trouble following this movie. A lot of the people who were leaving the movie were wondering what happened at the end.

I can't say that this is a movie I will watch again.

• Admin

The ending was my only complaint and what kept it from getting better than 9 of 10 from me. It just didn't have any emotional depth. It's like the whole movie had been this tension ride and the ending was like Yawn, it's over, lets start rebuilding...

He could have easily kept the tension on by having Tom and Family basically huddled up and still running at the end, only to be cornered with a few tri-pods closing in, then they collapse. More similar to the original movie really. BUt still I give it 9 of 10. I've watched it twice more since my initial review and I felt it held up just as well on the 2nd viewing, maybe even better as far as Toms part went.

• Premium Member

I never read the book, and only vaguely remember the original film. Though for some reason, I remember the ending just a little different...

I do think Cruise was the wrong guy for the part. I mean, I like Cruse and all the movies he's been in...but I just had a hardtime looking at him as a dumbass. Seriously...he always plays these quick witted, slick guys...

The ace detective...

The driven deal-wheelin' sports agent...

The super sharp, super spy...

Now he's a dumbass?!?! Don't get me wrong. He played the part as best as he could. Cruise is a superb actor, one of my favorites, but he just couldn't convince me he was that stupid.

Everything else was great from the CGI, the script, supporting roles, imagery. I'd give it 3 stars. Would have gotten 4 if they could have gotten a better dumbass than Cruise.

I have mixed reviews.

The movie was okay. I dont think it's as good as advertised (i guess u guys + media just hyped it up too much for me?)- im not sure.

the ending tho... i thought it was kinda lame. i mean, thats IT? TIME is all it takes to kill these bad boys?

lol...