• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Diesel's top 10 PFs in the League.

Diesel

• Premium Member

1. Duncan. Say what you want, Duncan is the best. Nobody does what he can do. Defense, offense, passing, etc.

2. KG. Yep, KG slides in to second. It's a matter of Defense that elevates him above webber. 21, 12, 5. I think he's well overpaid, but he's good.

3. Webber. Webber does it all for about 3 1/2 quarters.

4. Dirk. He lacks defense. HE lacks postup ability. BUt he can score and rebound with the best of them.

5. SAR. NOT as flashy as the others, but he gets the JOB DONE. Offensively, he's probably more versatile than KG but defensively he's only slightly better than Dirk.

6. Karl Malone. If Malone were not out of his prime, he would probably be 3rd. I hate Malone too, but I must give him his due. Season after Season, without falling to injury, Malone puts it together and Really he's the only thing that carries the Utah franchise.

7. Antoine Walker. Indeed Employee #8 can score but his problem is that he shoots too much. Especially from outside. He has No Post up game.

7. Jermaine Oneal. Young. In about 2 yrs, he'd probably crack the top 5. Right now, his offense isn't polished enough. He scores but he has no real moves. For instance, Reef, Malone, and Walker are guys who you can give the ball to in one on one coverage and they can either get a score or a trip to the line. ONeal doesn't have that yet. His defense makes him better than some others but his offense is still undeveloped.

9. Rasheed Wallace. HOthead Yes. Good PF, indeed. He's got the ability to be much better than this. However, on a poor rebounding team, why isn't he getting more than 8 rpg? Otherwise, he is better.

10. Tony McDyess. Can this guy get healthy? IF he could, he's easily better than this. However, over the last few yrs, his bad health has made him questionable. He needs a shot of a the Malone Juice.

As we can see, PF is a position that can get a otherwise mediocre team into the playoffs. Look at Duncan, KG, and Malone. BY the same token, we need to take pride in our PF. SAR can work on his ballhandling but his postup and Midrange game should be complimented by Big Dogs ability to score from everywhere.

• Admin

I know he's old and I know he's hard to like. But I would put him above Dirk and Reef and probably in a tie with Webber. I've seen him push all those guys around far too much to consider them better. Dirk might be more versatile and Reef might be younger and faster. But Malone still gets it done at an all-star level every year.

As far as who I would want at this point in time, most everyone on that list would be higher than him, due to age. But he's an old Harley man, just keeps on running.

I agree with most of your list TomahawkChop, except for Antoine Walker. His basic stats look good on paper (22.1 PPG, 8.8 RPG, 5.0 APG), but if you see him play, its a completely different story. He does not deserve to be in front of Nowitzki or Shareef.

Again, though he averaged those good stats, he had the most minutes per game. He also led the league in 3-Point FG Attempts (Outnumbering #2 Ray Allen by 117), and FG Attempts (nearly 21 a game). His assist:turnover ratio is 5:3, meaning he handles a ball that he can't handle way too much. And shooting only 74% from the free-throw line makes his 22.1 PPG not look too magnificent anymore.

Though, it was said before, he has no postup game, and he doesn't have much of a drive or perimeter game, either.

Just wondering, but, has anyone ever actually seen Antoine Walker dunk?

I would put reef ahead of webber and nowitzki, until nowitzki learns to play some defense and webber realizes that he actually is not the most talented player and league and doesn't play half of his games on cruise control...

I would have had rasheed higher before last year (certainly ahead of jermaine and antoine), but last year he just became too enamored with his jump shot and the blazers offensive rebounding seriously suffered for it... he is more than capable and he needs to step up more to work within a team concept...

That's weird, I think Walker is under-rated. Quick, has GREAT range when "its" on. Good handling (despite what stats say) and has actually (co)-lead his team deep in the playoffs.

Anyone saw how he just took the team on his back in that great comeback game against NJ? Pierce was totally off that series, and Walker carried the load for the most part.

And no way is Shareef better than Webber or Dirk. Dirk is so [censored] versatile, it isn't funny, that and his handling and his range puts him over SAR even with his bad defense. And Webber, while he isn't as great as he thinks he is and is [censored] in clutch situations, he's still a great forward overall.

I have walker rated ahead of rasheed after *this* year.... part of that had to do with walker's performance in the playoffs too... so would you have him rated higher than 7th? I just don't see that since you would have to bump malone and/or SAR and even being polite I'd never even halfway agree to that! smile.gif

yep dirk offensively is one incredible player... but maybe that is just my personal bias but I'm always (no exceptions) going to downgrade a player a couple of spots for weak defense...

sound like we kind of agree on webber give or take about one spot...

Agree woth Tomahawk fan.O'Neal will fly up the list even more this

season and he is already better than Shareef and Walker.

I barely have Reef above Walker(mostly due to Walkers horrible shooting

and showboating)but to say Reef is better than Webber/Dirk is

crazy.You can see the difference when you watch the guys go head

to head.

• Premium Member

I forgot one.

1. Duncan. Say what you want, Duncan is the best. Nobody does what he can do. Defense, offense, passing, etc.

2. KG. Yep, KG slides in to second. It's a matter of Defense that elevates him above webber. 21, 12, 5. I think he's well overpaid, but he's good.

3. Webber. Webber does it all for about 3 1/2 quarters.

4. Dirk. He lacks defense. HE lacks postup ability. BUt he can score and rebound with the best of them.

5. SAR. NOT as flashy as the others, but he gets the JOB DONE. Offensively, he's probably more versatile than KG but defensively he's only slightly better than Dirk.

6. Karl Malone. If Malone were not out of his prime, he would probably be 3rd. I hate Malone too, but I must give him his due. Season after Season, without falling to injury, Malone puts it together and Really he's the only thing that carries the Utah franchise.

6. Elton Brand. How could I forget this guy. Undersized. Maybe but the guy plays with the heart of a Lion. He can score. He can rebound. He's not much of a good passer or defensive player but he's not weak either.

8. Antoine Walker. Indeed Employee #8 can score but his problem is that he shoots too much. Especially from outside. He has No Post up game.

8. Jermaine Oneal. Young. In about 2 yrs, he'd probably crack the top 5. Right now, his offense isn't polished enough. He scores but he has no real moves. For instance, Reef, Malone, and Walker are guys who you can give the ball to in one on one coverage and they can either get a score or a trip to the line. ONeal doesn't have that yet. His defense makes him better than some others but his offense is still undeveloped.

10. Rasheed Wallace. HOTHEAD Yes. Good PF, indeed. He's got the ability to be much better than this. However, on a poor rebounding team, why isn't he getting more than 8 rpg? Otherwise, he is better.

11. Tony McDyess. Can this guy get healthy? IF he could, he's easily better than this. However, over the last few yrs, his bad health has made him questionable. He needs a shot of a the Malone Juice.

That guy is the IDEAL PowerForward... he has many post moves, shoots a very high percentage, rebounds well, defends decent... guy is what u expect from a starting PF.

big time underrated... look at his stats:

Ranks #5 in the NBA in Rebounds Per Game(11.6)

Ranks #2 in the NBA in Field-Goal Percentage(0.527)

Ranks #10 in the NBA in Blocks Per Game(2.04)

Ranks #11 in the NBA in Free Throws(389.0)

Ranks #9 in the NBA in Free Throw Attempts(524.0)

Ranks #1 in the NBA in Offensive Rebounds(396.0)

Ranks #1 in the NBA in Offensive Rebounds Per Game(5.0) Ranks #13 in the NBA in Defensive Rebounds(529.0)

Ranks #12 in the NBA in Defensive Rebounds Per Game(6.6) Ranks #4 in the NBA in Total Rebounds(925.0)

Ranks #10 in the NBA in Blocks(163.0)

Ranks #3 in the NBA in Double-doubles(55.0)

Ranks #19 in the NBA in Free Throws Per 48 Minutes(6.18) Ranks #17 in the NBA in Free Throw Attempts Per 48 Minutes(8.33)

Ranks #1 in the NBA in Offensive Rebounds Per 48 Minutes(6.3)

Ranks #7 in the NBA in Rebounds Per 48 Minutes(14.7)

1)Tim Duncan-2nd best player in the league.Rebounding,

passing,defense,scoring,shooting,fundamentals,blocking,

championship.He has it all.

2)Kevin Garnett-Good scorer,different moves,good rebounding,

defense,passing,versitile.Questionable leadership,no "go-to"

move,doesn't take over the game most of the time.

3)Dirk-Great scorer,good shooter,good rebounder,can take

over a game,explosive.Needs more defense and his passing

needs work if he wants to challenge for second place.

4)Chris Webber-Good scorer,top rebounder,decent defense.

Needs to be more clutch,more inside play.He has enough

game that he could be second if he took more charge in

the 4th and played inside more.

5)Jermaine O'Neal-Good scorer,good rebounder,great shotblocker,

good defense and he can play center so that gives him a boost

to this spot.Needs to pass better and needs to score alittle more.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

6)Karl Malone-Good defense,good rebounding,good scoring,great

passer for his position.It's alittle tough to say what he needs.lol

He's just good.

7)Antonio McDyess-Good defense,good scoring,atheletic,good shot

blocker,runs the floor well.Needs better passing and could have a

few more bigger scoring games...Also needs to stay healthy.

8)Shareef Abdur Rahim-Average defense,good scoring,decent passing,

good postup game and is mentally tough.Needs more defense,needs

to carry team more,stop turing the ball over and is alittle slow.

9)Elton Brand-Good hustle,great rebounder,decent defender,consisant

and can bang inside.Needs a jumper,could be alittle more offensive

and he needs be alittle more vocal.

10)Antonie Walker-Has the talent to be a top 5 PF.Can pass,good

rebounder,good scorer and can play 3 positions.Needs to use postup

game more,bad shot selection,whines too much,and shoots a low

percentage.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

11)Pau Gasol-Needs time to move out and will push Karl out of the top

ten this year most likely.Good scorer,rebounder,shot blocker and can

play 3 positions.Needs more outside game,needs to mature,needs to

get alittle tougher/

12)Kenyon Martin-People have quickly started overrating this guy.Great

defender,atheletic,runs the floor real well,decent shot blocking.Needs

more moves on offense,rebounding is horrible,needs to improve on

his jumper and needs to give more production on offense.

13)Antonio Davis-Decent scorer,good rebounder,good defender.Needs

more scoring,needs more passing and he is aging at 34 years old.

14)Antwan Jamison-Great scorer,ok jumper,ok rebounder.Needs better

defense,needs to find out his position,needs to be a better leader.

15)Derrick Coleman-Numbers look good in scoring and rebounding.But

needs more defense,needs to be healthy,needs more passing and

he needs to have more impact on the game overall.