• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

how many wins this year for the hawks?

nugzfan

• Premium Member

We are a lot better than even the fans on the essential messageboard for the Fans of the Atlanta Hawks will give us credit for...

Here's the teams I think we can beat...

N.O. 2 times.

Charlotte 3 times.

Orlando 3 times.

Toronto 2 times.

Lakers 2 times.

Philly 2 times.

Sacramento 1 time.

Golden State 2 times

Dallas 1 time.

Minny 2 times.

PTL 1 time

Detroit 1 time

Chicago 2 times.

NY 2 times

NJ 1 time

Memphis 2 times

Boston 1 time

Utah 1 time

Milwaukee 2 times

Washington 4 times

Miami 1 time

Phoenix 1 time

Clippers 1 time

The teams that will give us trouble:

Miami, Houston, Cleveland, Seattle, Denver, San Antonio...

These are teams with a frontcourt or a style complimentary to ours... I think that we will win an emotional game against Phoenix. I think that Washington/Memphis/Chicago/Boston has fell off in a major way. I think that NY/Orlando will have some internal conflict until a trade is made. I think we catch the Lakers real good at Home.. and when we play them in LAL, I just think we can eek out a victory.

The games I worry about are the Philly games. We play them as they start a road trip and as they finish one... I think that's unfavorable, but maybe we can eek out wins in those situations.

The only way we get close to the playoffs is if we get lucky and surprise some teams the first few weeks. I think it's more likely that we'll come out flat, especially given our usual early road biased schedule. We'll try to play a defensive game at first. By midseason we'll open it up more especially as Marvin and Salim earn more PT. Hopefully we see significant progress as the year goes on and we win close to half our games the second half of the season.

I want at least thirty wins and think we will get there. We will have 4 players easily averaging double figures ( JJ, Chilz, Harrington, and Smoove) this year and just maybe a 5th with Zaza as well.

Add in the added bench strength we have and I think 30 is very doable!

• Premium Member

I think that neither Marvin nor Bogut will be the players they are touted to be. IN fact, my signature tells you what I think of Bogut this year.

About Marvin. I think he will be a bust FOR US. Had he gone somewhere where he was actually able to play.... Or Had he been picked where he was supposed to be pick from 6-14... Then I would have no problem with Marvin. The problem I have is that we picked Marvin in a time when there were BETTER, MORE PROVEN, MORE NEEDED players on the board.

Bottom Line is that we passed up Need and we took Project... NOBODY HERE CAN DENY THAT. That's why he will be a BUST for us. He will have to be better than Paul, Williams, and Smoove to prove otherwise...

• Premium Member

40 wins..

40 wins is contingent on us not trading Al, Smoove, or Chillz...

I think that JJ/Al gives us a very good 1 - 2 punch.

Also, I like Zaza and Salim off the bench..

Not to mention Delk... Yes Delk.

If all these players are in the mix, this team can win 40...

• Premium Member

I've seen teams with less talent and potential do it... Why not us.

ALSO, I see that no one cared to look at the list of who I believe we can beat and how many times?

WHEN you examine the list, you will also see the 40 wins is possible.