• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

the product sucks

gsuteke

there is no disputing that.

i'm not watching it anymore. I made excuses for Billy Knight on the Pheonix ESPN board during the Belkin/JJ fiasco as Northcyde as my witness but I can't take it anymore

the product on the floor sucks. the hawks aren't a team without direction because they aren't a TEAM. they are a rag tag group thrown together by Billy Knight under a theory that lacks any bit of common sense shared by anyone who has ever played basketball at the professional level, college level, high school level, grade school level, or any level period.

if Billy Knight isn't fired after next (and that word makes me sick to my stomach) season after his philosophy is proven totally incorrect just as every NBA analyst with over a pea sized brain had predicted then this franchise will languish in last place until somebody with some common sense decides to make the current lame brained owners an offer they can't refuse.

there, i'm done. refute that!

• Premium Member

Quote:

Our scoring would be a lot better with a legit point guard.

Exactly. If you are truly trying to rebuild through the draft,you have to make those draft picks count. The problem is we keep drafting the same type of player rather than filling positions of need. This past season we had a glaring deficiency at PG and had our pick out of perhaps the best group of PG prospects I have ever seen. How do we respond? We draft another SF/PF based on potential. This team does not have the luxury to use the #2 pick on a player who MIGHT turn out to be good in 3-5 yrs. You have to go with the sure thing. I believe this team has the talent, youth, and athleticism to be alot more competitive than what they are right now. The only thing that's lacking is a PG. The problem is that we knew that last season and did nothing about it. The problem with this is that the fans aren't stupid. They will not spend money on a bad product just because you say that "it will be good in 3-5 yrs" and I can't fault them fo that.

Well I guess with 2 draft picks in that year we had to get at least one of them right. BTW it is truley sad that the Hawks are 2-13 and the NewOrleans Hornets are 8-7. The thing is that team last year wasn't that much better than the Hawks.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Well I guess with 2 draft picks in that year we had to get at least one of them right. BTW it is truley sad that the Hawks are 2-13 and the NewOrleans Hornets are 8-7. The thing is that team last year wasn't that much better than the Hawks.

You're right. They weren't that much better than the Hawks last year, and without Chris Paul they would probably be competing with us for "worst team in the league" status. And just think, they actually traded away Jamal Magloire and IMPROVED as a team. If you take Paul out of the equation, we have a much better team than the Hornets. We desperately need to get a PG to maximize the potential of the players that we have right now. Maybe then we could gain some stability and start to have some idea as to where this team is headed.

Quote:

there is no disputing that.

i'm not watching it anymore. I made excuses for Billy Knight on the Pheonix ESPN board during the Belkin/JJ fiasco as Northcyde as my witness but I can't take it anymore

the product on the floor sucks. the hawks aren't a team without direction because they aren't a TEAM. they are a rag tag group thrown together by Billy Knight under a theory that lacks any bit of common sense shared by anyone who has ever played basketball at the professional level, college level, high school level, grade school level, or any level period.

if Billy Knight isn't fired after next (and that word makes me sick to my stomach) season after his philosophy is proven totally incorrect just as every NBA analyst with over a pea sized brain had predicted then this franchise will languish in last place until somebody with some common sense decides to make the current lame brained owners an offer they can't refuse.

there, i'm done. refute that!

You oviously don't know much about basketball, because you cant judge this untill it is a FINISHED product. We still dont have a legit Center(I like Zaza more at the four), and a legit PG. Not to mention this is only the SECOND YEAR OF BK'S PLAN!!!!

Personally, I wouldnt mind you not watching Hawks basketball anymore because I dont want fans that quit on a re-building team like yourself.

I am up in the air about Mariv.I mean look at guys like Jermaine O Neal and many others who took awhile to do something.Then there are the Chris Washburn's,Benoit Benjamin's who never realized there potential.If Marvin does realize his potential BK and Woodson probably won't see it since both will be gone.Looks like another long year so I am going to prepare for the draft hoping the hawks finally get it right and draft the right player.

I agree that MW will be great in 2-3 years, but that is contingent on one thing and one thing alone--a new coach. I'm on the fire Mike Woodson bandwagon. And if there is no such bandwagon, I'd like to start one. Most folks on this board bash our draft picks, but I for one think we haven't drafted all that badly (granted at this point I would rather have Paul than MW, but MW is still talented). The problem is our picks ARE NOT IMPROVING. That is a coaching problem, and a problem the GM needs to rectify.

Quote:

I agree that MW will be great in 2-3 years, but that is contingent on one thing and one thing alone--a new coach.

Wrong. It depends on Marvin's heart. He will get plenty of opportunities to play and that is all he needs. Guys who really want to be great and have the ability to do it almost always produce.

My impression so far is that Marvin's desire is nowhere near that of Smith.

this team will never be a finished product under Billy Knight in my opinion.

as to who we should have drafted over Smoove? my honest answer to that is Jameer Nelson. that's who I was yelling at the screen for them to pick on draft night. he hasn't turned out to be a superstar by any means but he still would have been a solid selection for us.

with a PG we could move Johnson to SG.

Billy Knight totally lacks direction and it is evident in the signing of Joe Johnson. even Joe says now he isn't a point guard. that being said why the hell would you pay a SG with nobody to pass him the ball 20 million dollars to score 25 pts a game and take minutes from the players you are trying to develop in a REBUILDING year???? we already had that type of player, his name was ANTOINE WALKER!

and as for giving up on my team, i made the four hour trip to the Braves playoff game this year Petitte pitched when the stands were half empty. i rooted for the falcons during the Gritz Blitz days. you are totally off base.

the product on the court sucks, plain and simple.

I am the first to admit when I'm wrong. I was flat out wrong about Charlie V. That guy is special, and I didn't see it. I thought he was an unmotivated, aloof, underachiever.

I wasn't wrong about Paul. I thought he'd be the best PG in the draft. However, I may have been absolutely wrong in saying we should take Marvin at #2. Granted, I was torn, and I would've been happy with either one (though I did not want Deron), but I leaned towards Marvin b/c I thought he was the all-star scorer we needed....

Fact is, Marvin has a LOOOOOOONG way to go to eclipse the production that Chris Paul is posting CURRENTLY. Paul is 1 yr older than Williams....this just doesn't bode well.

I think Marvin will be good, but I don't think he'll be better than Paul would've been for us.

I think this team:

Paul

Johnson

Pachulia

Harrington

Smoove

would have won at least 5 games by now (conservatively). Sure, that's still not great, but that's a TEAM with 5 solid young players and DIRECTION. As it is, it's hard to say how Williams really fits in. Even if he improves tremendously, he and Smoove and Childress all play essentially the same position, so we have duplication. Even if he improves tremendously, it's impossible for me to see how he could've helped us more than Chris Paul.

• Premium Member

I have no doubts that this pick will hunt us for years. I said it then, I said it before then.. I'm saying it now and will be saying it 3 yrs from now.

here's my questions:

Will Marvin be as good as even Charlie V. is now?

Will KB (Marvin is better than Jordan) ever show his face at Hawksquawk?

Will BK ever realize the value of a PG for this franchise?

Will Woody be the fall guy in all of this?

We still dont have a legit Center(I like Zaza more at the four), and a legit PG. Not to mention this is only the SECOND YEAR OF BK'S PLAN!!!!"

Bk's plan sucks. Everybody can see that other than a few

people that don't want to see the truth.

Give up on a rebuilding team?? The team has been rebuilding

for 6 years now and really has made no progress.... And when Billy gets fired I suspect that the Hawks will attempt

rebuilding for the THIRD time.