• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Lue Out? 4-6 weeks

HawksFan87

now we have no choice but to trade AL for a PG who's going to pick up his scoring slack for the 4- 6 weeks he will be out he suffered the injury today in practice a link is on realgm.com talking about

so possible trde partners

DENVER- MILLER or WATSON

CHICAGO- DUHON, GORDON or HINRICH

MINNESOTA- JARIC OR BANKS

ladies ladies ladies...stop the bickering...i think someone needs to call the Dove self-esteem hotline.... grin.gif

seriously though, this could be a negative if he was going to be trade bait (probably not though) but this can also be good to give Ivey the keys to the team to see what he can do fulltime. you never know what can happen because of that..

Quote:

I just hope Woody doesn't try and have Joe run the point while keeping Ivey and Salim on the bench.

Seeing that we play the Pistons, It's a good bet that Chill will see a significant amount of time at the 2, while JJ plays at least 30 minutes at the 1.

At least you Ivey fans may get a chance to see if he can really prove himself as more than a 10 minute a night player. If he can, he may have a future in this league.

If he can't, this may be his last year in the league.

why would a 2nd year player who plays great defense and has a positive impact on his team for 10mpg be out of the league if he can't show, in his first attempt, that he can be solid for 20+mpg?

there is always a place for a 10mpg backup pg that can play defense and keep the opposing team from going on a run

Quote:

If Andre Miller can play D then that is my choice. Although I know Ben Gordon is talented but I haven't seen much of him since he has been in the NBA. I'll definitely give him a closer look now.

If the Hawks do go after Ben Gordon, then they definitely want JJ to be their PG.

Like someone said earlier, Gordon can always bring the ball up, while JJ takes on the role as the playmaker in the half court offense. For JJ to be successful at the point, he'd need a big time 2-guard beside him. Gordon would provide that, while being the main ball handler up the court.

But I agree with you. Give me Dre Miller any day of the week in an Al deal.

While that is true, the situation is different now. Woody seems to be gaining confidence in Ivey, while Salim has been struggling. I hope Woody plays Ivey slightly more than Salim, at least in the beginning.

This may be the extra motivation needed to make BK do a trade, sooner rather than later.