Will Harrington be traded?

Gangstur

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I voted no because that was my impression before this whole "Al asked for a trade thing". Yet as of today the AJC has no mention of such a thing, which tells me it's BS. So BK is sticking to his guns and going to *sigh* try to re-sign Al and/or SNT him

I feel 100% sure that Al will not be traded before the deadline

It is all about maximizing the next contract, with Harrington. Obviously BK has not met their demands of 45-50 mil/5yrs (6?), so they asked for a trade to a playoff team, where Harrington could improve his marketability.

If BK wanted to sign him to those numbers, he could do it at anytime I believe? Notice there was no mention of a six year deal, which tells me the Hawks are not in the negotiating process at this point.

• Premium Member

In that article, I look at it like a dare...

Well, if you don't sign my player, he can go elsewhere and get .....

My point is that the max he suggested was 5 yr 50 million. To me, if I'm in negotiations, that tells me that they expect less.

Somewhere between 6.8 and 10 million per year for the next 5 yrs is what Al's agent expects.

Maybe BK was checking the knee out for us?

I think BK has some major leverage in a resign. If Francis gets traded to Denver, our leverage grows...

I don't think AL will be traded before the deadline. The rumors have all but died concerning Al.

I am not sure what BK is going to do with Al. I am not sure of his trade value as it stands.

What can we realistically get for Al? What if is injuries get worst during the remainder of the year? Teams will NOT give up their 1st round pick for Al, if he turns out to have chronic problems with the knee and ankle.

• Moderators

Every forward in the league has chronic knee problems. What is he? 26. You can bet if there was serious concern about his legs we'd really be trying to unload him not resign him for his big payday.

I'm ready to trade him now, but we probably can get a better deal in the offseason. The only reason I'm ready for him to go now is I think he will sign elsewhere anyway and I'd rather move on with the future. You don't want your captain to be a lame duck.

i just hate seeing Harrington in a Hawks uniform now. I have no vendetta against Harrington, however I feel the Hawks' best interest would be to remove him from the team. Josh Smith and Marvin Williams are the future so give them the PT.

anyone who has been watching the Hawks over the past month cannot make the argument that the Hawks would go in the tank without Harrington. the opposite argument could be made in fact when rationalizing the team's performance over the past month.

Al Harrington = addition by subtraction

SNT once the season is over. Mark it down....Al will be shipped for a Big, PG, or player(s) and a pick...

My resoning is simple...what one team needs Al to move them into championship contention? No one out there can beat Detroit or San Antonio (except Miami) just by adding Al.

That's it guys, Al stays through the season.

Quote:

I think we are going to see Al get traded soon also. The young guys are playing better and its time to get them more involved in these next 29 games.

we can only hope so. i don't want to hear that 'welfare mentality' bullish either. the hawks are better off without Harrington... period.

Quote:

I predict he'll be traded on Thursday. To whom and for whom or what, I have no idea. But that is my gut feeling so that's what I'll go with.

I would love for it to happen, especially if we got another 1st rounder and/or a PG or Big. But I just don't see a Detroit like contender out there like when we were able to move Rasheed....

• Premium Member

I think Al stays for exactly what you saw last night. JJ is too easy to shut down without other scorers that can create for themselves. Our young guys can't do that yet. They score by having the ball passed to them. Unless we're bringing in a creator like Andre' Miller who can get everybody involved and pick up the scoring load too, or unless we get AI... Al stays...

Quote:

Quote:

I think we are going to see Al get traded soon also. The young guys are playing better and its time to get them more involved in these next 29 games.

we can only hope so. i don't want to hear that 'welfare mentality' bullish either. the hawks are better off without Harrington... period.

Once again, why trade the known commodity? Is there any guarantee that we will be able to make up for the loss of Al's stats with anyone we put in his starting slot? I highly doubt it. Marvin will get there but I don't think he's there yet. Until he arrives, why say goodbye to what we have.