• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

J-Chill leading the league in Points off the bench

Blunt91

I am so pround of how well Josh "The Afro Man" Childress has been playing lately. Bob Rathbun mentioned that he was the leading scorer in the NBA coming off the bench. That statistic surprised me. I don't know whether that's going to be his postion next season or not. I just know that I am glad Chill is showing doubters that he can play and was worth taking the risk as our top selection back in 2004. Chill just needs to get a little stronger(Don't think he will ever put on much size). Marvin Williams could use some time with the strength coach this offseason as well. The future seems bright for the young guns in Childress,Smith and Williams.

Quote:

Marvin Williams could use some time with the strength coach this offseason as well.

yeah they should make marv dunk a 12 lb medicine ball all summer. he has hops but goes up kinda weak and shows the ball. he hasn't been able to take much contact. last night i think he was bailed out a couple times but at least he's gettin to the line more.

gotta love chillz. he's contributing on both ends and havin a great attitude about comin off the bench.

You probably won't hear anyone else mention it either. Josh Childress should be a legitimate candidate for sixth man of the year, but I highly doubt the NBA will give that award to a deserving Hawk. Hell, the league didn't even put any of the Hawks first or second year players into the Rookie/Sophomore game.

• Admin

but the award will go to someone who plays on a team in contention, as it should. 10+pts off the bench for a winning team simply means more than it does for us. Simply getting some consideration is a honor that both he and we should be happy about. Hopefully that will happen.

Quote:

You probably won't hear anyone else mention it either. Josh Childress should be a legitimate candidate for sixth man of the year, but I highly doubt the NBA will give that award to a deserving Hawk. Hell, the league didn't even put any of the Hawks first or second year players into the Rookie/Sophomore game.

Can't be a runner for the 6th man on a bottom 5 team. Just doesn't make sense.