• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Would this be a great offseason?

y2kenta

1. DRAFT: L. Alridge or Marcus Williams

- If we get a top 3 pick, we should draft Alridge or Noah. But with the 5th pick or less, we should draft Marcus Williams. But with knowing the Hawks lottery luck, we'll end up with something like the 5th pick. So let's take Marcus Williams.

2. S&T Al Harrington

- To NO/OK for [JR Smith] + rights to #15 (if it's either Shelden or Hilton)

3. Sign Ben Wallace to 5yr-$55M

- Backup plan: Joel P

4. IDEAL LINEUP

C - Ben / Zaza / John E

PF - Smoove / Hilton / Batista

SF - Marvin / Chillz / Donta

SG - JJ / JR Smith

PG - Marcus / Salim / Lue

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:

DRAFT:
L. Alridge or Marcus Williams

-
If we get a top 3 pick
, we should draft Alridge or Noah. But with the 5th pick or less, we should draft Marcus Williams. But with knowing the Hawks lottery luck, we'll end up with something like the 5th pick. So let's take Marcus Williams.

S&T Al Harrington

Sign Ben Wallace
to 5yr-$55M

IDEAL LINEUP

C - Ben / Zaza / John E

SG - JJ / JR Smith

Great offseason but, chances are very slim,.

Quote:

Quote:

DRAFT:
L. Alridge or Marcus Williams

-
If we get a top 3 pick
, we should draft Alridge or Noah. But with the 5th pick or less, we should draft Marcus Williams. But with knowing the Hawks lottery luck, we'll end up with something like the 5th pick. So let's take Marcus Williams.

S&T Al Harrington

Sign Ben Wallace
to 5yr-$55M

IDEAL LINEUP

C - Ben / Zaza / John E

SG - JJ / JR Smith

Great offseason but, chances are very slim,.

Go to Vegas, bet a $1.00, probably win $1,000,000 if it happens....

And yea, that would be the most hyped off season since Moses and Theus came to town...

Why don't people think that Noah will be a good pro? Yeah he is a little thin for a big man but he plays smart(great BBIQ), with heart, and passion. He can put the ball on the floor, has the cordination of a guard, and blocks a ton of shots. I rather have a thin athletic big that plays with a passion for the game than a big with an NBA ready body who plays like he dosen't care and with a low BBIQ(See Kwame, Kandi,...etc). Its easier to gain weight than learn a skill.

Noah is incredible! He is a freakishly skilled 7 footer. Athletic, runs the floor like a deer, can handle the basketball, helps his team beat the press, is an excellent passer, has range on his jump shot, great hands, has a lot of bounce to his game, and is one hell of a shot blocker.

He is now my #1 overall prospect for this draft.

1..Lets go ahead and trash the season..The more pingpong balls the better..

2..This one will anger a few people..Trade Marvin for the highest pick we can get..I truely think Charlotte would trade their pick for Marvin. I have just come to believe that Marvin and Smoove are both 3's, and Smoove has a better game..

3..Take our 2 top 3 picks and draft Joakim Noah and Tyrus Thomas. I think a frontline of Smoove, Thomas, and Noah could eventually develope into a dominant trio..We have our frontline for the next 10 years..

4..Sign the best veteran free agent pointguard we can..JT or Speedy Claxton would both be great compliments to JJ.

5..Sign a guy like Mbenga of Dallas to give us some legitimate depth and size up front at the 5..

6..With our 2nd round pick draft the best point guard left on the board to develope behind our vet..Someone like Diaz or Miami could be had with that pick.

We end up with..

Speedy or JT/Lue/Diaz

JJ/Chillz/Salim

Smoove/Chillz

Thomas/Zaza/Esteban

Noah/Zaza/Mbenga

We might have a few growing pains, but that would be a young, exciting, deep, complete team that could grow into a monster..

I like the idea, but I think we couldn't get better than maybe the number 5 pick for Marvin at this point, unless a team is really salivating over him.

Of course Charlotte is trying to put together the 2005 Tarheels championship team, so maybe they would do it.

After the title game last night I completely changed my mind about Noah. He may be frail, but he has some skills in addition to athleticism and attitude.

For bigs, I'd go with:

Noah

Aldridge

Bargnani

Splitter

or, for guards:

Roy

Williams

Actually, I'd be happy with either Noah or Roy. They both have something special and fill a need we have.

And if we pick Thomas, Gay, Morrison, or Reddick, I'll give up and switch to cricket.

I'd add Randy Foye to that guard list. Much like Brandon Roy, he's a guy that has the ball handling and passing skills to play in the same backcourt as Joe Johnson. Neither are true point guards, but both are capable guards.

I also don't believe you rule out Tyrus Thomas because you feel he duplicates Josh Smith's position. The guy is the type of defensive game changer this team needs.

• Moderators

Quote:

i like foye's size and quickness.

ive got a feeling thomas and davis will play for lsu next year, and take another shot at that trophy.

If they want a shot at the trophy, they better improve their ballhandling and FT shooting, IMO.

Thomas has some issues with his family's financial situation. I doubt he stays at LSU, because he's one that may actually need to make the jump now and get the guaranteed money to help his family. Considering that he will go no lower than the 3rd pick, I believe Tyrus will make the jump. With Joakim, I think it is more of a 50/50 chance. Joakim doesn't need the money.

Don't yall understand that BK and Woody cannot survive another playoff less season. They therefore cannot put themselves in a position where they are starting a lineup of 1st year players. So there will be no trading of Marvin or Smoove or Chills for draft picks. We don't need anymore youth. We need veterans.

We also aren't going to pick up second tier pgs to start. So no Speedy Claxtons nor any Nate Robinsons. Like I have been saying before we need vets. And we need size. We don't necessarily need a starting C because Zaza is playing well considering he is 21 and starting for the first time. Therefore the center we draft isn't going to replace a 21 year old who avg 12 and 7...unless he absolutely kicks ass in training camp, which probably won't happen. Therefore the offseason must go like this

SNT Al/Edwards for Steve Francis

Sign Kelvin Cato as FA

Draft Lemarcus Aldridge

Lineup

Francis/Lue/Grundy

JJ/Salim

Childress/Marvin

Smoove/Aldridge/Batista

Zaza/Cato/D Andersen

This lineup makes sense because it is the only one that I have seen lately that considers players who actually are available (and who we could get) and could fit into our system.

While we would probably be overpaying for Francis, BK knows that he has to make a splash in free agency to bring in the casual fan, and Nate Robinson, or Speedy Claxton, or even Mike James, won't do it. Franchise will. I think that riding the pine on a the worst team on the league will give Francis the humility needed to work on this team.

not a chance in hell. He doesn't even have an agent because he already basically knows he's staying in Detroit. We have no shot. He's a local favorite with a major role on a yearly contender. There is absolutely no reason for him to leave, and Detroit even shipped Darko to make the room to pay him his money.

yeah I agree. It makes sense when you're at the top and you're trying to ride your championship-caliber run for as long as possible. It wouldn't make too much sense to have all our cash going to JJ and Ben Wallace. He would improve us drastically, but he wouldn't make us contenders or anything

Quote:

yeah I agree. It makes sense when you're at the top and you're trying to ride your championship-caliber run for as long as possible. It wouldn't make too much sense to have all our cash going to JJ and Ben Wallace. He would improve us drastically, but he wouldn't make us contenders or anything

I dunno, I think adding Wallace to patrol the middle would at least get us a 7/8 seed.

As for who to draft, I'm still liking my Noah pick. Lanky 7 footer that's oozing with athleticism? Reminds me a little of that guy in Minnesota...

Quote:

Quote:

He would improve us drastically, but he wouldn't make us contenders or anything

I dunno, I think adding Wallace to patrol the middle would at least get us a 7/8 seed.

ok, do u see the difference here?

he said it wouldn't make us CONTENDERS...u said it would get us at least 7/8 seed

BIIIIGGGG difference in 7/8 seeds and contenders...more difference than there is between 7/8 seeds and bottom feeders