• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

What will you do if BK drafts another SF??

Blunt91

There is already a post about who we don't want BK to draft, so what if your worst nightmare comes true? What if Billy Knight drafts another Small Forward like Rudy Gay, what will you do? Will you say F' the team & Billy Knight?, Would you stick around through FreeAgency just to see whether BK gets rid of 1 of the other Small Forwards we have? Or Are you such a die hard Hawks fan that you will still support the team no matter if the GM has lost his mind.

Well Id rather have Rudy than Bargani or Morrison. Id live with it and see what offseason moves we make. Nothing wrong with adding him if he is the best player on the board when we pick.

Billy Knight has not lost his mind if he drafts Rudy Gay. If he doesn't go to Charlotte at the third pick, there is a very good chance that Rudy Gay will be the best player available when our pick rolls around. I could care less what position he plays, there is clearly a drop off in potential from him to the next guy.

I will wait for him to make a trade. The other side of the coin of the "best player available" plan is that if the BPA doesn't line up with your needs, you use your redundant talent as trade currency. I am confident that BK understands this.

There is NOT a CLEAR drop off in talent from Gay to the next guy, who would probably be Roy, or Morrison, or someone along those lines. ANY of the players taken in the top 10 this year could end up as the ROY. There isnt that much of a difference in talent between any of them, certainly not enough to justify taking Gay if another player who fits a need is there. If we pass on Roy and take Gay I will be extremely unhappy. Other than trading down and selecting Gay I cannot for the life of me imagine a scenario that makes sense for us to draft him unless Marvin or Childress were to be traded along with Al.

I would be more ok with Morrison than Gay..At least Morrison brings a completely different skill set than we already have..Gay is simply a less skilled Marvin with alot less heart..Morrison has an excellent shot and a very good post up game which we can use..

I still hope somehow we don't end up with either but something tells me BK is so ego driven and bull headed that he could easily draft a sf.

Quote:

I would be more ok with Morrison than Gay..At least Morrison brings a completely different skill set than we already have..Gay is simply a less skilled Marvin with alot less heart..Morrison has an excellent shot and a very good post up game which we can use..

I still hope somehow we don't end up with either but something tells me BK is so ego driven and bull headed that he could easily draft a sf.

Rudy Gay is more talented than Marvin Williams. Marvin doesn't have that breakdown ability of a TMac. He can't create his own shots like Gay. Although not nearly as motivated, you can't possibly say Rudy Gay is an inferior basketball player if you have watched both players play.

That's not true at all. Marvin Williams is a far better ball handler and off the dribble player than Rudy Gay. That's Gay's one weakness. He cannot create for himself off the dribble like Marvin can right now, and this is why Marvin has always been the better prospect between the two.

I'll probably be at Phillips Arena for the draft and will run through the Arena screaming "It's the apocolypse, we're all doomed." j/k

Really, I was thinking about wearing two t-shirts. A Hawksquawk t-shirt on the top and a T-shirt that says "I'm on my way to return my season tickets. Follow me." underneath if we draft Rudy Gay.

Quote:

A Hawksquawk t-shirt on the top and a T-shirt that says "I'm on my way to return my season tickets. Follow me." underneath if we draft Rudy Gay.

That's a good idea. Gay- of all the players, is the one I'd be most disappointed with us drafting. I don't care how talented he is, how great his 'upside', it's his attitude and apparent lack of heart that are most blatant to me. You can see that he is not a motivated player.

But someone in the top 5 will overlook that, based on his talent and measurables. I agree with what Bill Simmons had to say about it, "Who cares if Rudy Gay didn't give a crap at UConn, I've never seen anyone run wind sprints like that!". That's how it'll go down. I just pray to freaking god that he doesn't end up here.

Quote:

Rudy Gay is more talented than Marvin Williams. Marvin doesn't have that breakdown ability of a TMac. He can't create his own shots like Gay. Although not nearly as motivated, you can't possibly say Rudy Gay is an inferior basketball player if you have watched both players play.

You are out of your mind. Gay has no passion for the game, and his skillset is probably even with MW's. I have no desire whatsoever to pick a guy who doesn't give a crap whether he wins or loses.

If we pick Gay and don't make a move with a small forward, I definitely won't be attending any games this season in a boycott. I am sick of this BK BS. I hope he has a heart attack before the draft.

Quote:

I'll probably be at Phillips Arena for the draft and will run through the Arena screaming "It's the apocolypse, we're all doomed." j/k

Really, I was thinking about wearing two t-shirts. A Hawksquawk t-shirt on the top and a T-shirt that says "I'm on my way to return my season tickets. Follow me." underneath if we draft Rudy Gay.

How about this for a t shirt as well:

Atlanta Hawks, worse record in the NBA; but proud owners of the best 2 string team in the NBA!

2nd unit:

PG Salim

SG Chilz

SF Gay

PF Donta (MWill if we keep Harrington)

C Anderson (provided he comes over this year)

Guest Walter

Quote:

I could care less what position he plays, there is clearly a drop off in potential from him to the next guy.

How is it clear that Rudy Gay will not be a complete flop? Athletic? Yes. A good player? Not yet. Questionable heart and desire? Definately. Honestly I wouldn't pick this guy if we needed a Sf.

W

Guest Walter

Quote:

There's too many idiots here who think Billy should draft for need instead of the best player available though.

Holy hypocrisy KB, you disagree now with your own contradiction from several months ago when you stated we should consider position.

Regardless, consider me an idiot then, a consistent one with whom you cannot have an intelligent conversation.

KB, you keep making the strawman argument about this scenario. Why is it one or the other, best PROJECT available or position of need? You always should weigh both in your decision carefully, not insisting upon one extreme or the other, at least unless there is an absolute superstar (alah Lebron) available.

W