Rafael Araujo | C | BYU

9. Philadelphia 76ers

Andre Iguodala | G | Arizona

10. Cleveland Cavaliers

Luke Jackson | G | Oregon

11. Golden State Warriors

Andris Biedrins | C | Latvia

12. Seattle Sonics

Robert Swift | C | Bakersfield (Ca.) H.S.

13. Portland Trailblazers

Sebastian Telfair | G | Lincoln (N.Y.) H.S.

14. Utah Jazz

Kris Humphries | F | Minnesota

15. Boston Celtics

Al Jefferson | F | Prentiss (Miss.) H.S.

16. Utah Jazz (via New York/Phoenix)

Kirk Snyder | G | Nevada

Josh Smith was a steal at #17.

Josh Childress was an appropriate, solid pick.

yes, Iguodala has a lot more style/flash to his game.

some may prefer Deng.

AS OF RIGHT NOW- we havent seen anything from Deng/Iguodala to clearly say that they are superior players over Childress.

as far as PRODUCTION is concerned, childress/Deng/Iguodala are all similar.

u can get real picky, have preference, and favor one over another... but lets be honest guys- they have to take their games to another level if you want to differentiate between them.

but as for Josh Smith, looks to me like the biggest steal of the draft.

I'm happy with Childress at 6. The only other from 7-16 I'd probably rather have is AI but, then again, I'm not sure. Childress is more of a solid utility player, which is exactly what we need coming off the bench, whereas Iggy is moreso a stud scorer. Truly, we drafted who wanted to take at 6 with the 17th pick, so I can't complain.

The only player someone could make an argument for is Luol Deng, and if you are going to look at it in hindsight, then Atlanta would have just gone ahead and taken Josh Smith at the 6th pick. Josh Smith is currently better than anyone taken between the 6th and 16th picks, and he's even better than some of the top 5 picks.

John Hollinger has Josh Smith 4th in his draft do over at ESPN's site.

Josh Childress has posted a higher PER over his two years than either of the two most mentioned players that some think are better.

I'm happy with the Josh Childress pick though. He's going to turn out to be one of those "glue" guys on a team, like Shane Battier. Josh is smart and knows how to play the game. While he may not be a superstar or even a star, he is a guy that contributes on both ends of the floor every night and does a lot of the little things. The fact that he can play two positions gives him an advantage over Luol Deng and Andre Iguodala.

Quote:

I'm happy with the Josh Childress pick though. He's going to turn out to be one of those "glue" guys on a team, like Shane Battier. Josh is smart and knows how to play the game. While he may not be a superstar or even a star, he is a guy that contributes on both ends of the floor every night and does a lot of the little things. The fact that he can play two positions gives him an advantage over Luol Deng and Andre Iguodala.

My thoughts exactly.

I have full confidence in BK and Woody. It does not matter much that youse sleep on Chillz. At close examination, Josh Childress has more and better skills than Josh Smith.

1) Better Shot, at any range.

2) Better finisher, more dependable decisions.

3) Better post offense, consistantly best Bigs in the paint.

4) Defends better from the perimeter.

Dont really want to compare the teammate as much to reach the knowledgable fans.

Hindsight is useless for two reasons:

#1)If we could do it over we would have still would not have taken Deng or Iguodala because we would have taken Josh Smith who is only 2nd to Dwight Howard from this draft class.

#2)What exactly has Iguodala or Deng done that make them look like such better picks than Childress? Childress is a versatile guy who brings it every night on both ends of the floor. He will be one of the best 6th men in the league one day.

Quote:

Looking back on it, Deng, Iggy and Biedrins would have been better fits on our team. Especially the big man.

What has Biedrins proved? Childress is a better athlete than Deng and a better shooter than Iguodala. He can play 2 positions and he also plays D. Isn't that what this team is going to be all about? Guys who are versatile, can run the floor and play D?

Too many of you are writing off Childress too soon.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Quote:

Looking back on it, Deng, Iggy and Biedrins would have been better fits on our team. Especially the big man.

What has Biedrins proved? Childress is a better athlete than Deng and a better shooter than Iguodala. He can play 2 positions and he also plays D. Isn't that what this team is going to be all about? Guys who are versatile, can run the floor and play D?

Too many of you are writing off Childress too soon.

Go find the two highlight videos I posted of Biedrins. That kid is very good but he's raw (he's younger than Josh Smith) and he plays on a team that's even more inept than we are laugh.gif and refuses to play him. He would definitely start for us here.

• Premium Member

Another case of treating our good like s--- and treating other's s--- like Gold.

I like Biedrins. I think he will be a good player one day if he develops...

But he's not better than Zaza. There's so much zaza dislike. I don't know why. I like Zaza. I think he does well and he's young and he will get better.

Hawks fans are funny.