DrReality

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Premium Member

Quote:

fair enough, I wouldn't even consider it either if I was charlotte, I just thought that was what was being reported. In that case, if LA gives up Cook, Mihm, AND a first rounder, we give up Al, what is Charlotte giving up?

A 2nd rounder, at best.

They're being used for a Lakers' salary dump.

Guest Walter

Quote:

The big question is is why do we want Smush? Lue is a much better player, shooter, and clutch performer. In fact it was Smush's inability to hit open jumpers that hastened the Lakers' exit from the playoffs.

...but Smush played in Atlanta so consider it a hometown addition.

We get the very player we need, we lose good players that will either never play for us again or are on the bench and who will not resign with us, we don't take back bad contracts beyond this year, and (now) we bring back an Atlantan. BRILLIANT!

Quote:

Cook and Mihm? What the hell are we going to do with all these bigs? I mean they're both ok and all, but that leaves us with

Speedy/Lue

JJ/Salim

Marvin/Chill

Smith/Shelden

Zaza/Wright/Mihm/Cook

??

Or even if you shift things around

Sppedy/Lue/Salim

JJ/Chill

Smith/Marvin

Shelden/Wright

Zaza/Mihm/Cook

That's a lot of depth, someone's not getting many minutes at all. I mean Mihm and Cook split 45 minutes per game last year.

last year we were playing Este and Edwards at the 5. even if the minutes were limited they were still on the floor. they were also liabilities IMO when they were on the floor.

what's wrong with having too much talent?

Guest Walter

Quote:

I also feel the fact that Chillz may leave is irrelevant to this discussion.

How so? Don't mistake his being a nice guy, professional for him not wanting to start. Chill's as good as gone and would leave now for a chance to start if he could. While you're working out all the details surrounding a talent-equitable deal (for a guy every team knows would want out), our team flounders without direction, 2 of its 4 top prospects sit behind each other, and I cannot see a better, more available fit than Andrew Bynum.

Enjoy the floundering team. It will be one of the most frustrating things to watch. Why aren't JS and MW on the court together more and when they are why do we struggle to defend the paint and score in the post? Why can't Chill get off the bench. Just who exactly is the no-name we got stored away in Europe with the 22nd pick of the draft we received for trading Al. All in the name of our trading Chill 2 years from now for another Sf prospect of similar talent. Whoopee!

Quote:

The fact that we have 2 years to work with means we have 2 years to get back something for a guy who's value is likely going to increase as he becomes a better basketball player.

The reason teams ask about Chill now is they think (rightly) they should be able to get him cheaper because we have buried him on the bench. His value TO THIS TEAM is not greater than the only available ideal post player propsect to pair with JS and MW. Isn't even close.

Quote:

Why trade him off now and get back a lesser return?

Because it isn't a lesser return. That's the point. Talent inequity reflects our had to fill particular need and our lack of a strong position in dealing with Al.

Quote:

Maybe I didn't watch enough Laker games last year, but I still can't see what Bynum has done to make you so enamoured with his potential. I mean, if he was
that
good, shouldn't he have unseated Kwame or Mihm?

He was 17 years old until November! That's a Jr. in HS's age! He never played more than 21 MPG, yet he managed to put up 16 in a game last year. The guy has some serious offensive skills despite his youth. Defensively 6th in Blocks per minute played! And he's younger than the Olson twins!!! Centers develop last among all positions and this guy is already showing his dominant 2-way center stripes. Guaranteed you could not get this guy for just about anything in 2 years.

If you want to build a title contender, particularly in our current forward glut, no direction position, you have to think outside of the box. Sure, it's safe to hold onto Childress, who cares if the team continues to flounder. You may get his (but not his and Al's) talent worth later. But you won't get a player like Andrew Bynum, one that calms all the ripples in the team being a dominant low post catalyst freeing up the rest of our team to do what they do best.

He as a player is rare enough, but the opportunity to get him is even rarer still. All the stars have aligned. Andrew was drafted prior to Phil Jackson's return I believe but regardless, with Phil and Kobe they are suddenly a win now team missing valuable pieces. You don't pay Jackson his milllions and give him players to develop. He's the zen master not the player developer. Kobe? He d@mn sure has a window about to close and Shaq doing it has him even hungrier to win now. In no other circumstance would Bynum be remotely available for even this asking price. People here want to insist upon equal talent = equal value, but that is BULLSHIT! Bynum is a tremendous VALUE to us as a team and franchise, far exceeding the talent or value of Al and childress. Not value in the "bargain" sense but he would become valuable, a talented catalyst to us. As important to us as any franchise Pg. He lets us potentially run free with our swings and not worry. He let's us potentially defend small and quick without worry. Don't seel him impact short because you like a guy who will never again play for us and our 3rd string Sf who can't wait for opportunity elsewhere.

W

AM 570 ( Los Angeles, CA) Reports At 3:30PM Eastern Time:

Atlanta Hawks are reportedly wanting Chris Mhim in a potential AL Harrington trade!!!!

Los Angeles Lakers are holding, they want to give Andrew Bynum!!!!

Its being said the Atlanta will probably do a deal involving nothing short or Mihm,Cook and fillers for Harrington.

This deal is reportedly being involved in a very large 3 team deal possibly larger than the SHAQ deal making it one of the largest NBA trades EVER!!!!

HOWEVER, IT IS BEING REPORTED THAT LAKERS ARE HOLDING... ATLANTA HAS MADE AN OFFER AWAITING RESPONSE FROM LAKER OFFICE.

Lakers need to pull the trigger! Whats the hold up?

Now we know this is bogus. But everything out of LA is wild.

Quote:

Having seen him though I have very little doubts about him being a 2-way dominant center in the future.

That's a bold statement. I haven't seen Bynum play (except for that one spin move on Shaq). So I am honestly wondering, what is so awesome about him? And after he develops, who would you compare him to?

I'd like to first ask why do you post with such an arrogant overtone? I come here for spirited debate, but I honestly don't see the point in getting snide with a fellow fan of a team we obviously both feel passionate about.

Secondly, I see this is a difference of opinon that your not going to move on. This is obvious by you trying to pick apart every line of my posts on this issue. I'll reply this last time, but I refuse to redundantly debate something where all we'll do is regurgitate the same crap over and over in different sentence structure.

I still very much disagree with you on the issue at hand. Let me first say that I'd trade Al for Bynum/expiring fillers, but I would not include Chillz. If we're including Chillz, I'd want more back than just Bynum.

I think the deal you are proposing is too much for Bynum; who may turn into a good to great player or may flop like a hooked bream on a river bank. At this point, it is too early to tell. I feel it is bad business to make lopsided trades to try and fill a need, especially when the player your trading for is an unproven commodity. You can propagandize Bynum's potential all you want, but at this point, I think a trade of Al/Chillz for Bynum is so absurdly lopsided in favor of LA, it's not even funny. I hope we get Bynum for Al. That way we'll both be happy.

Quote:

AM 570 ( Los Angeles, CA) Reports At 3:30PM Eastern Time:

Atlanta Hawks are reportedly wanting Chris Mhim in a potential AL Harrington trade!!!!

Los Angeles Lakers are holding, they want to give Andrew Bynum!!!!

Its being said the Atlanta will probably do a deal involving nothing short or Mihm,Cook and fillers for Harrington.

This deal is reportedly being involved in a very large 3 team deal possibly larger than the SHAQ deal making it one of the largest NBA trades EVER!!!!

HOWEVER, IT IS BEING REPORTED THAT LAKERS ARE HOLDING... ATLANTA HAS MADE AN OFFER AWAITING RESPONSE FROM LAKER OFFICE.

Lakers need to pull the trigger! Whats the hold up?

Now we know this is bogus. But everything out of LA is wild.

95 degree Christmas in Atlanta

Quote:

I'd like to first ask why do you post with such an arrogant overtone? I come here for spirited debate, but I honestly don't see the point in getting snide with a fellow fan of a team we obviously both feel passionate about.

Secondly, I see this is a difference of opinon that your not going to move on. This is obvious by you trying to pick apart every line of my posts on this issue. I'll reply this last time, but I refuse to redundantly debate something where all we'll do is regurgitate the same crap over and over in different sentence structure.

I still very much disagree with you on the issue at hand. Let me first say that I'd trade Al for Bynum/expiring fillers, but I would not include Chillz. If we're including Chillz, I'd want more back than just Bynum.

I think the deal you are proposing is too much for Bynum; who may turn into a good to great player or may flop like a hooked bream on a river bank. At this point, it is too early to tell. I feel it is bad business to make lopsided trades to try and fill a need, especially when the player your trading for is an unproven commodity. You can propagandize Bynum's potential all you want, but at this point, I think a trade of Al/Chillz for Bynum is so absurdly lopsided in favor of LA, it's not even funny. I hope we get Bynum for Al. That way we'll both be happy.

Thank you Spiral. Well said. Love the difference of opinion as long as it is in the spirit of healthy debate with respect.

Guest Walter

Nothing is too much to give to solve this team's problems. If Bynum pans out anywhere near where he is projected almost all of our problems are solved. If Childress becomes worthy of starting (may be already), no problem is solved for us.

Bynum is that rare perfect player for us and by sending redundant or already lost players without taking on more salary. It's that simple. Spiral, you cannot find a legit alternate deal that gets better for us. You know it and speculating on possibilities, running a team on cap space, and having a frankenstein team don't get it done. You know this but for whatever reason you are stuck on the talent possibly difference against us in the trade and not the potential advantage of Bynum over anyone in this deal, the rarity of big centers with top notch potential, the help it does to build a team, and realization that we no longer will get much for Al.

I am very much for getting Bynum. That's not arrogance. It's confidence. I will put up what Bynum brings to THIS team against anything Al won't do for us and Chill can't do for us sitting on the bench.

W