• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Sekou on LA radio????

DrReality

This came off the Atl board on Realgm.

According to a Hawk writer that Big Joe(AM 570) just had on his show, the Hawks want Mihm, not Bynum and Smush. And there might be some interest in Cook. He said the reason the talks broke down with Indy was because of the amount of cash that the Hawks wanted the Pacers to include in the deal. And he said that talks between Atlanta and the Lakers are very real.

In the next post it said it was Sekou with a question: "Do you guys know him." With all of the misinformation that has floated around, take it for what it is worth. Happy Monday.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd have a hard time believing Sekou was spreading mis-information. Look how many times he's been right on in the past. If my memory is right, Sekou wrote that the cash was the hold-up as well.

The part about us wanting Mihm is believable. A deal of Mihm, Cook & McKie would work as far as salaries go. Those 3 (all expiring) combined would come up to roughly 8.2 million. I'm not sure where Al's salary is going to start, especially if we still plan to dump Edwards in the deal. Obviously we would want a draft pick if all we're getting is 3 roll players.

Actually, I can't see us wanting Mihm over Bynum..We just signed Lo so Mihm is not needed..Bynum would be a 3rd string project for the future..

I could see LA wanting AL and Lue..Lue is a favorite of Phil Jackson..I could also see BK wanting Parker since he wants a big point..

Mihm might be included for salary purposes then be let go by the Hawks to resign with LA..Sort of like Payton and Doleac in past BK trades..

• Premium Member

Quote:

Mihm might be included for salary purposes then be let go by the Hawks to resign with LA..Sort of like Payton and Doleac in past BK trades..

First of all, the whole premise of this conversation is wrong.

What have Andrew Bynum done PERIOD?

I mean, let's be honest, Bynum is not quick. Bynum has no ups. He's just big, long, and young. I'm sorry, this kid is Eric Dampiere all over again. A big Slow guy who can get rebounds, but can't jump, can't run fast.

I think a lot of times, Hawks fans here on HS get all "geeked Up" about a guy because he's young or nobody knows anything about him. Well, that's sickening. I would much rather have Mihm than to have Bynum.

Quote:

Please do not assume Bynum is on the table. You don't actually know what has been offered, and it seems very likely that Bynum would be untouchable.

i don't

i'm saying that if it's confirmed as fact that la would give bynum instead of mihm and bk chose mihm over bynum

obv if he's not on table, then oh well

Chris Mihm has put up a 15.72 and a 15.32 PER rating in the past two years. He's also averaged right at 15.7 P/40 and 10.4 R/40 in those two years. He's actually developed into an average NBA big man, which was something I didn't think he would do when he was a younger player in Cleveland.

Brian Cook is the sleeper prize though. This guy posted a PER rating over 16 this past season and has improved in each year he's been in the league. Brian Cook is a 6'9", 250 lbs power forward that has great range on his jump shot.

Both of these guys shoot the ball very well. Mihm's true shooting percentage this past season was over 55%, while Cook's was 57%.

Cook and Mihm? What the hell are we going to do with all these bigs? I mean they're both ok and all, but that leaves us with

Speedy/Lue

JJ/Salim

Marvin/Chill

Smith/Shelden

Zaza/Wright/Mihm/Cook

??

Or even if you shift things around

Sppedy/Lue/Salim

JJ/Chill

Smith/Marvin

Shelden/Wright

Zaza/Mihm/Cook

That's a lot of depth, someone's not getting many minutes at all. I mean Mihm and Cook split 45 minutes per game last year.

Guest Walter

Quote:

obv if he's not on table, then oh well

We need to understand

1) that we need a particular type BIG, potentially 2-way dominant center to open up the possibility of justifying MW and JS starting alongside each other at both forward spots,

2) the BEST person for that job that is even remotely available is Andrew Bynum,

3) LA is a win now team so despite Bynum's value they HAVE to entertain offers for him,

4) with all our potential at forward and Al bringing back very little otherwise, BK has forced us into a situation where in this case a talent-equal trade should NOT be our focus

5) Even if we wern't in this situation, teams often do or should look into seemingly talent-inequitable trades to get the right guy for them.

5) we should focus solely upon getting THE RIGHT MAN FOR THE JOB, the player who's talent and ability to free up the court for other players (JS and MW) are invaluable to us

6) We should offer Al and Chill for Bynum/Filler now and not expect or care for more.

7) LA would have to listen to a Chill/Al for Bynum/filler deal...HAS TOO! It's too good of a deal, talent-wise and for their win now objectives not too.

Quit the Mihm talk! He does nothing to solve our future problem of our forward glut as he is not a dominant center who so controls the paint we can run a 2, Sf lineup beside him.

And as far as Bynum not jumping he was 6th in the league in blocks per minute at age 17-18. The guy has the potential on both ends of the court and he's hungry (no pun). This helps both team's needs, how can we not get this done?!?

W

I think if we trade for Mihm, he will likely be dealt at the deadline for some team needing a big. Teams always seem to be looking for bigs. Mihm's contract is expiring and would provide frontcourt depth to almost any team. I could see us aquiring a late first round pick for him.

Cook is the real question mark. He has an excellent shot and would be an ideal pick'n pop guy. The question is, "Who's minutes would he take?"

I could see both of these guys being moved down the line for more value.

Fair enough, but still

Speedy/Lue/Salim

JJ/Chill

Smith/Marvin

Shelden/Cook

Zaza/Mihm/Wright

That means that Shelden-Cook will burn up all the PF minutes, Smith and Marvin will have to solely split up the 48 SF minutes (they split 57 minutes last year), and JJ and Chill will solely split the 48 SG minutes (they split 70 minutes last year). That would be a big crunch.