• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Sekou on LA radio????

DrReality

Here is an interesting alternative from the same Hawk's board:

Yeah, the only way I see the Lakers deal working, is with them NOT protecting their 1st rounder (or including player useful to Hawks such as Smush), and a third team with a trade exception joining in who needs a rotation big (NJ maybe?), and is willing to give up either a lotto protected pick or collection of 2nd's...So maybe

Lakers send Mihm + Smush+Mckie + money (to buyout Mckie) + 1st

Lakers get Harrington (and maybe Lue if Smush is involved)

NJ sends heavily protected 1st

NJ receives Mihm

Atl S&t Harrington (6 yr 57 mil w/starting Sal 7.6 mil) and maybe Lue

Atl receives Smush+ Mckie + money + picks

w/Lue traded Hawks look like

PG Claxton/Smush/Ivey

SG JJ/Childress/SS

SF J. Smith/Childress/S. Jones

PF Marvin/ Shelden/ E. Batista

C Zaza/Wright/Edwards

This could be an attractive deal since we dont take back any serious contracts, get a big pg and picks.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Walter

Quote:

In a Nutshell...Andrew Bynum is an UNPROVEN player.

Most 18 Y/Os are. Having seen him though I have very little doubts about him being a 2-way dominant center in the future. Having seen Al and Childress, I know one won't ever play for us again and the other is moderately talented where we don't need him and won't resign with us for a seat on the bench. Any questions?

Quote:

Giving away two proven commodities like Al Harrington and Josh Chilldress just because we can would be foolish.

No. Believing this team as currently constructed can win anything of importance. Foolish. Believing there is a better prospect at center that is remotely available, that suits our talent needs any better, and as a catalyst would free up our entire team. Foolish. Believing there is such a player who is in his rookie contract and who would bring expiring contracts that fit our deisre and the court order's mandate. FOOLISH! Thinking that Al will ever play for us or return anything of real value. FOOL-ISH! Thinking Childress will play more than 25 MPG and more imiportantly will resign with us. F-ING FOOLISH! Believing that talent equity is more important than a better (designed) team. FA-FA-FA-FOOLISH!

Quote:

It would be one thing if we're trading for Dwight Howard, Chris Bosh or Amare Stoudamire,

You won't get any of those players. Next.

Quote:

but we're talking about a kid from HS who's only claim to fame as far as I can tell is dunking on a 34 year old Shaq.

Actually, he was a 9th overall draft pick despite being 17 YO at the time. He's also a badass for a young center. It's the last position to develop and he's way ahead of the curve along with having every physical attribute needed and many more skills than most current NBA Cs.

Quote:

You are trading away 2 of our most valueable assets for something that MIGHT work out.

Exactly, because I know our "assets" for us won't work out and our team as constructed won't work out. Very astute. I am taking a good chance on maybe over a bad chance of never. Moreover, 7' prospect centers always have value (Eddie Curry, 2 HIGH 1st rd picks) and we aren't taking back contracts. How is this a RISK at all?

W

Quote:

Chris Mihm has put up a 15.72 and a 15.32 PER rating in the past two years. He's also averaged right at 15.7 P/40 and 10.4 R/40 in those two years. He's actually developed into an average NBA big man, which was something I didn't think he would do when he was a younger player in Cleveland.

Brian Cook is the sleeper prize though. This guy posted a PER rating over 16 this past season and has improved in each year he's been in the league. Brian Cook is a 6'9", 250 lbs power forward that has great range on his jump shot.

Both of these guys shoot the ball very well. Mihm's true shooting percentage this past season was over 55%, while Cook's was 57%.

Brian Cook plays ball like a little girl.. Who cares if the guy is big if he doesn't use it? He doesn't grab any rebounds and doesn't play inside.

Mihm? Another white stiff who looked better than he is because he played next to Kobe.

Quote:

Cook is a power forward so he would back up Sheldon.

If Mihm/Cook is the deal then Smoove and Marvin will definitely have to fight over the minutes at small forward.

Would that mean Batista gets cut or sent to the D-league along with Soloman?

Power Forward? Where's the POWER in Brian Cooks game? He should be in the WNBA.

Quote:

Quote:

Cook is a power forward so he would back up Sheldon.

If Mihm/Cook is the deal then Smoove and Marvin will definitely have to fight over the minutes at small forward.

Would that mean Batista gets cut or sent to the D-league along with Soloman?

Power Forward? Where's the POWER in Brian Cooks game? He should be in the WNBA.

Cook sucks!!

Agree, Cook is soooo soft and he plays like a little girl.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Al is bye, bye and to many here his loss is addition by subtraction. JC is our 3rd string Sf.

Didn't you learn anything from Diaw?

It's not smart to trade a player simply based on their value to US? You have to consider a player's worth PERIOD.

Right now, Al is worth far more than Bynum and so is Chillz. But you want to give both for Bynum... that's crazy.

Talk about giving away your birthright for a pot of stew?

• Premium Member

A trade with the Lakers would have to include Chris Mihm. So, adding Mihm AND Wright means the Brian Cook is not as necessary as before.

Instead, Sasha Vujacic makes more sense. I know, I know, he's nothing special, but he's filler. Plus, he has 3 pt. range (60% in the playoffs), plays hard on defense, and has the size and playmaking skills to play next to Salim. (Goodbye, Royal Ivey, in other words).

From the Lakers:

Mihm, McKie, Vujacic, 1st round pick (limited protection), $3M in cash

From the Hawks:

Al Harrington, John Edwards

You could also add in Royal Ivey and Von Wafer (non-guaranteed contract) if necessary.

You took the words out of my mouth about Mihm. If he proves he is healthy then we can deal him come dec 15th or by the trade deadline. Some team will want a big and if Mihm plays well we can get a 1st round pick. He is an expiring contract too so he will have suiters.

Quote:

A trade with the Lakers would have to include Chris Mihm. So, adding Mihm AND Wright means the Brian Cook is not as necessary as before.

Instead, Sasha Vujacic makes more sense. I know, I know, he's nothing special, but he's filler. Plus, he has 3 pt. range (60% in the playoffs), plays hard on defense, and has the size and playmaking skills to play next to Salim. (Goodbye, Royal Ivey, in other words).

i really like sasha's game and he's 6'7". not too many pg's with his size and skills. we could use him.

I doubt we could get a Bobcats 1st rounder unless it was heavily protected...Besides that, the Bobcats have Okafor, Breznec, May, and still hold Ely's rights..Why would they want Mihm and Cook?..The really need depth at the wing spots, not upfront.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Over at Sekou's blog at AJC someone was saying they heard the radio interview and the Bobcats were also potentially involved in a 3-way and Mihm and Cook might be going to them in that scenario, with Hawks getting their draft pick.

I hope the Hawks don't help a division rival like that...

• Premium Member

Quote:

an unprotected 2007 bobcat 1st rounder would be absolutely awesome to me. I mean that's a pick that's as likely as any to become greg oden

You're kidding, right?

Or do you think Chris Mihm is worth a top5 pick?

I wasn't kdding, maybe I'm missing something here.

I thought the rumored 3 way was something like:

LA gets Al Harrington

Charlotte gets Mihm / Cook (something like that)

ATL gets Charlotte 2007 1st rounder

In which case I was saying I would love to get charlotte's first.

• Premium Member

Charlotte might give us their 2nd rounder, but there's a 0% chance they give up a lottery pick for Chris Mihm.

Zero.

Atlanta would be getting the Lakers' 1st rounder and cash. They might also get a young player like Vujacic...