• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

OK it's time to start talking about Denver...

Diesel

• Premium Member

HARRINGTON INTERESTED: Free agent forward Al Harrington said the Nuggets have contacted Arn Tellem, who officially becomes his agent Aug. 16.

"Yeah, definitely," Harrington said of his interest in going to the Nuggets in a sign-and-trade. "When you look at Denver's situation, they want to make some noise."

Harrington last week fired his agent, Andy Miller, citing "personal reasons." In addition to the Nuggets, he said he is interested in Indiana, Boston, Golden State and Minnesota.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Premium Member

Marcus Camby?

I mean, Marcus Camby... with our team could make us playoff worthy.

Denver gets rid of Camby because his contract is 4 more years. He's a little older. They just signed Nene!

• Premium Member

If we did get Camby...

I think we solve a lot of our problems. He brings good defense and good rebounding. I wouldn't feel bad about playing Smoove and Marvin at the same time (if they are better than Shelden).

Camby is not a slow Center.

Our team is going to be a running team.

With Zaza and Lo on the team, we still have plenty of time where we can rest Camby so as not to wear him down.

If we get Camby, I'm calling us the 6th seed in the east.

Camby hasn't played a full season in how many years. How could we make the playoffs with Camby if he is on the freaking injured list. He is too injury prone,too old, and too highly paid to be an option for us.

PS; Camby has never played a full season in his entire career and he is only getting older. But you want him on our team where we are going to need every win that we can get. I swear you guys are just idiots sometimes. I mean full fledged idiots. Am I the only one that actually follows the NBA and knows the history and skill level of some of these players. and if we did sign him Waffle King (Diesel) will be the first one to bring up the same things that I have in the post although he thinks that he would make us a playoff team. It wouldn't matter if Camby signed a 5 year deal worth 20 dollars, a player is no good to us or anyone else unless he is on the damn court. I just don't see how you guys come up with some of these moves. I don't give a damn how bad we are there is no way we take on some else's mistake while making them more competitive and keeping ourselves handicapped. If Denver gave an oft-injured player a long term deal then why should we help them out. DAmn some of you guys are just plain stupid.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Why in the hell would we want Camby?????

9 ppg, 10 rpg, 2.6 bpg.

10 ppg, 10 rpg, 3.0 bpg.

12 ppg, 12 rpg, 3.3 bpg.

You're right, Camby hasn't played a full season and that's a great consideration. However, above are his last three season. With age, he's getting better. However besides that point, the reason why we would want Camby is because he's a dominant force when you put him in the game. We cry and moan all day long over guys who are undeveloped averaging 2 points, 1.6 rpg, and 0.7 bpg and we talk about how great they can be in 5 years when JJ is in his contract year, Zaza is gone, and we've lost a Josh or 2.

Well, Camby is ready NOW. Right now,we have the structure to support Camby and not rely totally on Camby. With Camby, we'd go from being one of the worst defensive teams playing to being one of the better defensive teams.

If all we have to give up for Camby is Al, I think it's a fair deal.

Stats

Year Team GMs MPG FG% FT% 3PT% RPG APG SPG BPG PPG

96-97 TOR 63 30.1 48.2 69.3 14.3 6.3 1.5 1.1 2.1 14.8

97-98 TOR 63 31.8 41.2 61.1 0.0 7.4 1.8 1.1 3.6 12.1

98-99 NYK 46 20.5 52.1 55.3 - 5.5 0.3 0.6 1.6 7.2

99-00 NYK 59 26.2 48.0 67.0 50.0 7.8 0.8 0.7 2.0 10.2

00-01 NYK 63 33.8 52.4 66.7 12.5 11.5 0.8 1.1 2.2 12.1

01-02 NYK 29 34.7 44.8 62.6 0.0 11.1 1.1 1.2 1.7 11.1

02-03 DEN 29 21.2 41.0 66.0 40.0 7.2 1.6 0.7 1.4 7.6

03-04 DEN 72 30.0 47.7 72.1 0.0 10.1 1.8 1.2 2.6 8.6

04-05 DEN 66 30.5 46.5 72.3 0.0 10.0 2.3 0.9 3.0 10.3

05-06 DEN 56 33.1 46.5 71.2 9.1 11.9 2.0 1.4 3.3 12.8

CAREER 490 29.2 46.9 66.3 15.8 8.6 1.4 1.0 2.4 10

I am not saying that he is a bum. But at this point of rebuilding we need someone we can count on. I know that anyone can get injured but he has a history of missing a good chunk of the season every season. IF we were already a playoff team and we could be successful without him then it would be different. If he get Camby we are going to really need him night in and night out. We are trying to climb out of the cellar and become a competitive team. Camby fits well on teams that can win without him and when he is there he makes them that much better, but we are not there yet. An example of what I am trying to say would be imagining Camby starting at center for the San Antonio Spurs. Get my point!!

• Premium Member

I think it doesn't do anything to insult people because you disagree with them. Camby is injury prone and so is Claxton. I didn't see too many people talking about how injury prone Claxton is.

Camby, if healty, would be a perfect fit on our team. As it is I do not know if I would feel comfortable adding a 32,33 year old player with 4 years left and an always injured body on my team. When healthy he is an outstanding center. But that healthy part is the key.

• Premium Member

Camby is 32.. Camby has a very interesting contract which actually decreases over the next few years....

I just think he's a good guy to get to play starters minutes now and slowly move to a backup role.

Especially if all we have to give up is Al.

Camby was a 12/12/3.3 player last year. That's impressive. That would certainly be the defensive fill that we need.

With that, I think we'd be set at every position.

• Premium Member

I don't think we would be as reliant on Camby as you believe. I think Camby would give us a very good experienced Big man who can be our defensive stopper. Camby would allow our young guys the opportunity to go out and LEARN their roles defensively as well as they know them offensively.

For Al. Getting Camby would be a real steal.

For godsakes, you guys want to trade Al for a midround pick, potential, or let him walk.

How could getting a guy who is a defensive force for Al (alone) a bad thing?

If you think that a Camby for AL swap wouldn't be a good idea reinforce those feelings by posting that trade on Denver's RealGM board.

you'll get a 95% nasty reaction from them saying there's no way Denver would trade Camby for Al. I've seen a little bit of it.

if they feel that way i'm reminded i always say where there's smoke there's fire.

Camby's contract peaks at $8 mill/yr. then goes back down a little the last year.

I just looked at Denver's salaries, and it seems like Ruben Patterson might be the target. The deal could be Ruben+ 1st round pick+ $3 mill. Or the Bobcats might be involved somehow. The other expiring deal is Dre Miller.

Here's the link to their salaries:

http://www.hoopshype.com/salaries/denver.htm

• Moderators

That isn't a bad deal if you assume he will be healthy 60 games out of the season and his performance does not significantly deter over the next several years. I would be interested in a Camby deal given that we would have Zaza, Lo and possibly Shelden who could all contribute minutes in the post.