• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

No deal yet - Sekou

mountain_jim

i agree. unless billy can tell donnie with a straight face that he has other serious offers he will take if the pacers don't meet his demands, then walsh won't back down. unfortunately, bk tends to show his hand, and thus far everyone and their grandmother knows that the hawks don't want salary back, and only the pacers with the trade exception can provide a trade like that. hence, there is no reason what so ever for donnie to back down, and unless bk is willing to go another route, he will have to take whatever he can get from indy.

• Premium Member

Quote:

maybe there's discussion of a second trade

There's more than a discussion. It's a certainty.

Trade #1: $7.5M exception, 1st round pick -for- Al Harrington (S&T, 6 yrs, $57M)

Trade #2: John Edwards -for- trade exception (acquired in the Anthony Johnson to Dallas trade)

I'm sure the Hawks are expecting either a 2nd rounder, cash, or a player to be added.

If it's cash or a second rounder, you can simply add those to the second trade.

If it's a player, it will have to be a minimum salary player acquired in a third trade with what is called the "minimum salary exception."

Quote:

Quote:

Trade #1: $7.5M exception, 1st round pick -for- Al Harrington (S&T, 6 yrs, $57M)

Trade #2: John Edwards -for- trade exception (acquired in the Anthony Johnson to Dallas trade)

I'm sure the Hawks are expecting either a 2nd rounder, cash, or a player to be added.

If it's a player, it will have to be a minimum salary player acquired in a third trade with what is called the "minimum salary exception."

Well one of our Pacers Digest members who's occupation puts him in the know, indicated last night that Indiana was currently debating if they will include a player in place of the or one of the draft picks.

The sentiment being that this was a player that was on our roster from last year.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Well one of our Pacers Digest members who's occupation puts him in the know, indicated last night that Indiana was currently debating if they will include a player in place of the or one of the draft picks.

Yes, it's his information I was using to come up with the third trade.

Quote:

The sentiment being that this was a player that was on our roster from last year.

Unless the Hawks want Tinsley, then perhaps David Harrison's name has reappeared? (I say this knowing the unlikelihood...).

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

it this the same guy saying his friend was irritated because he had to be at Al Harrington's 8 AM monday physical?

that turned out to be reliable info.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

it this the same guy saying his friend was irritated because he had to be at Al Harrington's 8 AM monday physical?

No two different people, this Person himself is the direct source.

By the way the update from one you mentioned was, his friend indicated that Al never showed.

• Premium Member

Quote:

unfortunately, bk tends to show his hand

Just to be clear and accurate, other than this year's draft, BK's history is anything but showing his hand. In this case, there is nothing to indicate that any of the information we're all presuming to be correct has come from BK, and everything to indicate that it is BK's boss and, likely, other teams' execs who are sharing these things. And even in the case of the draft, much of the information was constructed based on Arm Tellum's comments and SW's cancellation of his other workouts--I failed to read any direct comments from BK that would make it apparent that SW was the man.

Guest Walter

Quote:

I don't want to sound like a fatalist here but...did anyone here actually think BK was going to make a good trade? Anyone? Has he made one trade where we got back better value than what we gave up?

And depending upon the nature of our traded pick this year in this strong draft, MAYBE Johnson, but that was with Pheonix up againt the wall. Should have gotten him cheaper.

W

Guest Walter

Quote:

Quote:

unfortunately, bk tends to show his hand

Just to be clear and accurate, other than this year's draft, BK's history is anything but showing his hand. In this case, there is nothing to indicate that any of the information we're all presuming to be correct has come from BK, and everything to indicate that it is BK's boss and, likely, other teams' execs who are sharing these things. And even in the case of the draft, much of the information was constructed based on Arm Tellum's comments and SW's cancellation of his other workouts--I failed to read any direct comments from BK that would make it apparent that SW was the man.

Once you make a draft promise you can't go back on it without crushing your rep. There is only one reason to not want a promise known, the risk of losing a player to a team trading up higher to get that player. (Unfortunately for us) NOBODY WANTED SW THAT HIGH! Despite everyone around SW being traded for, NOBODY blinked at the month long rumor for SW. Not one team flinched. There simply was no risk with this leak which speaks to just how horribly misguided the selection was.

Why make a promise to a REACH pick that otherwise could not play himself into the top 5 picks without growing 2"?!? Worse? Why make a promise without trying out all the top available talent 1st that you could? Consider the amount of arrogance it takes to promise a reach pick at 5 a month prior to the draft without 1st seeing the better top talent that would be remaining or even those not likely to be available but who could be traded up for? That takes a massive amount of arrogance!

If a GM is willing to be that arrogant during his draft selection process he should be willing to be fired if his "philosophy" continues to look so flimsy.

W

• Premium Member

Quote:

Once you make a draft promise you can't go back on it without crushing your rep.

So, the "promise" is no internet rumor... we have BK or someone else in the loop using that word?

I missed that.

Quote:

...he should be willing to be fired if his "philosophy" continues to look so flimsy.

I believe I was either first or second to question BK on the philosophy thing... no dispute there.

I just think it's important to separate what's fact and what's convenient fiction so that a balanced opinion prevails.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

By the way the update from one you mentioned was, his friend indicated that Al never showed.

he never showed?

this situation gets weirder each day it drags on.

• Moderators

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

he never showed?

this situation gets weirder each day it drags on.

Why would he show when there was no deal in place?

Or if his agent was working on something else to put some pressure back on the Pacers. Why change agents if Al was comfortable with the way things were going? That part of all of this does not add up.

I hope Tellem is at work in Al's favor (requiring the Hawks to be happy), and that BK does not fall for the Donnie Okie Doke Deal.