• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Do the Hawks deserve ridicule?

Packfill

I think the Hawks did (deserve some ridicule)...but maybe not this next year.

Actually I could envision it going either way this coming season. The first 20 games or so will be key IMO. If the youngsters JS/MW can adapt to being more "go to" guys offensively (especially in the set offense) and other aspects of the Hawks improve with Speedy and LW, I can see us being a real up-and-coming, up-tempo team with a shot at the playoffs.

Still, during that same span, opponents will be playing hard to establish the pecking order in the East. If the reverse happens and our players have trouble adjusting to the loss of AL, we could start off slow and be back about where we were last year.

If we go 9-11 or 10-10 out of the box I think our guys will keep it up through the season and (barring any bad injuries) can make a solid run.

Absolutely...while I like all the moves the Hawks have made or are seemingly making this offseason, the only one I was hoping for before the season was Speedy Claxton. With the other moves (draft picks, Al situation, Lo Wright), I've had to step back and really consider the move before I felt good about it, and I'm still lukewarm at best.

I don't think we are in a position to get much more, but I still want a lot more.

And frankly, we've been TERRIBLE for some time now. Really really terrible. While we're making some progress, even if we win another 10 games this season compared to last season, we're still not a "good team", we're still losing most of our games.

I think fans around here believe we're a 26 win team that should be on the verge of something special, that should be thinking championship ASAP. We have a long LONG way to go, and until then, we're TERRIBLE!

I still love the team, but face it...its a bad team, and a bad franchise.

• Premium Member

HELLL YEAH....

The Hawks should be pointed at and laughed at as a franchise until they get their stuff together. PERIOD.

Did you not think that we deserved ridicule after the Guarantee??

You remember...

vacations-guarantee-gnome.jpg

The same is true for now. Now, we have a bad ownership situation that has spilled over into our ability to do business. The first point of ridicule is here:

belkin-knight-sm.jpg

While we applauded BK for not shaking the evil one's hand.. IF it had been another franchise, I would be laughing hard. Phil Jackson and Jerry Buss has a Soap Opera going on in LA but nothing to the extent that we have here...

I would be willing to bet if you made the Hawks front office into a reality show, it would win the ratings every week.

So yes, we should be ridiculed.

should the fans be ridiculed?

What more can you do to a fan of the Hawks?

Quote:

The ownership = DEFINATELY

The organization = Yeah, I guess so

The players = Not really

The fans = HELL NO!!!

this makes me think.....

sometimes fans of other teams make the assumption that you aren't the sharpest tack if you tell them you're a Hawks fan.

i get it but then again I don't understand how an intelligent person can make such an assumption.

Quote:

Honestly speaking, in light of the ownership mess, do the Hawks deserve ridicule in the national media?

I think yes, it is a huge blemish on the organization and alot of the negative criticism is derived from that, rightly or wrongly.

I think not. I am a fan. A fan of NBA and a fan of the Hawks. I believe a lot if not most realize the competition that is league, is to achieve the championship. In actuality only one (team) of course wins in the end. Particularly only 3 or 4 actually successfully compete to win the prize.

Every NBA game I watch I see something that is truely great and amazing, game wise many many amazing athletic , clever and or stupendous feats. So even when I am disappointed (When my team losses) I'm still blessed. It's a game.

Sure we have a mess in the FO but there is a shining beautiful silver lining in JJ, Marvin, Josh, Josh, Zaza, Speedy, Ty and Shelden. BK and Woody pressing for the mark (13, 26, 40?, 55?). With all about, our coach and GM stand strong and dignified as others try as they will bring them down.

The job of the media is to build them up and bring them down. One day a Peyton Manning is the great All-American QB. The next weak he is dogged as a playoff loser. One year Josh Smith is the greatest highlight since 'Nique, next season he can't make the sophmore team of what 20 players?.

The media and some of you are fickle. The Hawks have the youngest team in the league, More young talent than any in the league, improving in every way every year(since BK). Stability in management (BK) and coaches.

So those who think the Hawks are down, guess what, The are looking UP.

It is Ridiculous to ridicule a team on the rise.

Quote:

Honestly speaking, in light of the ownership mess, do the Hawks deserve ridicule in the national media?

I think yes, it is a huge blemish on the organization and alot of the negative criticism is derived from that, rightly or wrongly.

Sure, we deserve criticism, and even ridicule.

What we don't deserve are ignorant criticisms that don't get the facts right, or don't explore the issues in-depth. We also don't deserve foolish -- as in being unable to get the NAME of our GM correct -- columnists foisted upon us.

Then again, there's a reason that these "journalists" aren't overseas covering the Middle East.

It's very tough to be Hawks fan, but now that we have problems we should stick together and be together when the things are bad. Those fans are the best, not the ones that say "I will not be the fan of Hawks if Billy does this or that".

That's being stupid and i heard some posters here said that.

I only care about one team in the whole nba and that is Hawks and i didn't even watch playoffs because we were not there.

I rather watch Hawks summer league team than watch game 7 of nba finals between Miami and Dallas live in the first row.

and everything that's ours(players) we should support and others we should careless about.

exmp- Shelden is a Hawk and i love him more than Kobe Howard Shaq Wade Lebron combined, i don't care what they do i would still find something to say that Shelden is better than all of them because he is ours.

Call me stupid i don't care, but that's how i feel.

the national media needs a whipping boy, and the hawks ownership fiasco and record gives them plenty of ammo. we have to be it right now, because even the long-time whipped clippers made the playoffs. once the court/nba settles the the ownership dispute and we start piling up the W's, they won't have anything left to talk about up but the positives.

I agree to an extent but I also think the whole concept of being a sports fan involves a critical analysis of the team. We all want the Hawks to excel but there is nothing wrong with people having different opinions on how that will happen.

For the Hawks in particular, the fact that the team has been in the gutter for so long should cause the fans to questions everything - at least until management, the owners and the players prove otherwise.