• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

JJ on 790 right now.

chillzatl

Do we just hear more of this because we are in Atlanta, or does the national media peg us as the team that passed on Chris Paul?

I read somewhere that as many as 7 teams passed on Paul. Because Portland traded down on draft night, we know at least 4 teams passed on Paul.

Why is Portland off the hook? They got Martell Webster, and then traded Telfair a year later. BTW, what the hell was Boston thinking in that Telfair trade?

Quote:

I disagree. I would take Deron and his equal offense/much better defense over Paul.

I like Deron and think he will be a solid PG in the league for years - but there's a reason he wasn't ROY and there's a reason CP3 is the starting PG on the all-USA team. He is one of the best looking true PG/floor generals to come out in years. He now has Peja and a solid defensive center as well as what he had last year to work with. The Hornets should make the playoffs this year (IMO)

Quote:

Paul is good on offense and atrocious on defense. I would taken Deron at our spot last season but oh well.
tongue.gif

I sure would like to suspend anyone from this site for a least a week who is saying (for the millionth time) we should have taken Chris Paul in last year's draft.

Get over it already.

• Premium Member

We were the team in the draft in MOST NEED of a PG. We took yet another SF. Not even a PF. A SF as if Al, Chillz, and Smoove wasn't enough. I said it then, I will say it now... we dropped the ball big time by not getting Paul or Deron.

BTW, it's not just the local media.. We're laughingstocks in the national media. How much does Chad Ford and other GMs have to drop the "passed over Chris Paul" card for us to see it. Chris Paul doesn't even understand how we could pass him over. He said he had his best workout with us, he wanted to play with us, and now he envisions a backcourt of him and JJ...

Dayummm...

• Admin

Its not that we passed on Chris Paul.

Its that we passed on a player who could really help us at a position we were absolutely desparate to fill (PG ). Instead we choose a player who would play a position that we already had filled with quality players (Chill, Smith and Al).

That is why we are always getting crap. If we took Deron or Felton we wouldn't be hearing anything either.

I think it will work out in the end and Marvin will become a very good sf, its just that our pick really didn't make sense.

Until we start winning games and Marvin begins to show his worth we will always be that team who didn't pick Paul.