• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Anyone read the SI NBA preview

Packfill

Quote:

They have no love for the Hawks picking them to finish last in the East and dissing Marvin hard. They did have good things to say about Smoove, Zaza and the addition of Speedy.

Last? I think Not. Not nowhere near the top, but not last place either. I don't really mags anymore. Just a bunch of unoriginal and totally thoughtless garabge.

I think the media actually thinks the Cavs have a shot at the finals. How laughable is that? They have LeBron and who else?

I haven't had a chance to read it but why would they diss Marvin hard? The guy had a pretty good 2nd half of last year, a very good summer league, and looks fine in preseason. Sounds like the writer is a friend of Hollinger's.

Actaully, we shouldn't worry much about the national media's take on the Hawks (IMO). They aren't going to do any analysis in depth of the Hawks. Even if they were entertaining the thought that the Hawks could be an up-and-coming team personnel-wise, they'd still diss us cause they all hate Billy Knight.

• Premium Member

Quote:

They have no love for the Hawks picking them to finish last in the East and dissing Marvin hard. They did have good things to say about Smoove, Zaza and the addition of Speedy.

I read these pubs for years and half of them usually don't have roster changes for the offseason. They are rarily right and if your team is not competing for a championship, you can forget real coverage.

They are a waste of time and money!

You guys have to remember that this is the same magazine that picked the MIAMI DOLPHINS to win the Super Bowl.

SI is hardly ever right on any of their predictions.

I haven't even seen the magazine, but they probably even have the same 8 teams in the East making the playoffs.

Or they'll have some outlandish prediction, and have a team like the Knicks or the 76ers winning their division, in order to sell mags in the NYC or Philly area.