• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

At what point do you shake it up

macdaddy

• Moderators

I know its just one game and I'm not that worried, but why wait until we're 10 games under. Why not reward Chill for being steady. Why not start Lue until Speedy is in shape. Show the team that there are no favorites. That hard work will get you PT.

Start Lue/JJ/Chill/Wright/Zaza. Just for one game. Put everyone on alert. Get Batman in there and let him punish some people. We need every player to think if they don't bring it they'll hit the pine and if they do they'll get their minutes. They are all young. Only JJ/Lue/Wright have earned veteran considerations.

Dude, give them at least a couple weeks before trying to reinvent the wheel. It is way, way to premature to start this type of talk.

That said, if by mid-season it is evident that Woodson has not improved his game management, ability to teach and ability to get the players to actually play defense then he needs to go. I am not confident he will get there, but I will give him until midseason to prove me wrong.

Quote:

I think its funny they everyone wants to fire Woody after one game but changing the starting lineup is to rash. lol.

I would change the line-up if we suck, but i would wait at least 5-10 games into the season.

You are right, players would play better if they get move to the bench to get back to starting rotation.

• Premium Member

They aren't firing Woodson. No decent coach is going to come coach for this team when the ownership situation is as bizarre and crazy as it is now. In point of fact they may not be allowed to fire Woodson with the judge's order to basically keep things the same until the appeal was heard.

Quote:

I know its just one game and I'm not that worried, but why wait until we're 10 games under. Why not reward Chill for being steady. Why not start Lue until Speedy is in shape. Show the team that there are no favorites. That hard work will get you PT.

Start Lue/JJ/Chill/Wright/Zaza. Just for one game. Put everyone on alert. Get Batman in there and let him punish some people. We need every player to think if they don't bring it they'll hit the pine and if they do they'll get their minutes. They are all young. Only JJ/Lue/Wright have earned veteran considerations.

Oh, I agree with you. It really isn't "just one game". It has been two years and a preseason. Smoove's inconsistency is indicative to his immaturity. We really don't have time for him to play like a man. Smoove went through the preseason not preparing his mind to play this season.

Chillz has more skills, heart, smarts (courtwise) and maturity. Chillz is about ripe where a third year guy is supposed to be. Put Lo in with Zaza and decided the Knicks to repect the paint. That would give Shelden a headstart when he enters the game. Start Lue. Lue is a vet, knows how to play, knows what is expected. Lue is in shape and will keep defenses honest because HE CAN SHOOT.

Woody has to push the buttons now, not later. Smoove will better understand that there are no more alibis for terrible efforts, he gotta bring it. Or sit him. Chillz understands.

• Premium Member

Quote:

They aren't firing Woodson. No decent coach is going to come coach for this team when the ownership situation is as bizarre and crazy as it is now. In point of fact they may not be allowed to fire Woodson with the judge's order to basically keep things the same until the appeal was heard.

Thank you. I feel like I'm screaming in the wind.

The ownership situation is going to frustrate a lot of us this season, so we might as well just be prepared for it.

Both Lue and Chill are more comfortable off the bench. Lue has said so directly. As for Chill, just look at his stats last year off the bench and as a starter. I would be ok if we start him, but I don't think it's a necessity.

Speedy is here to run this team, let him run it. He didn't get preseason with us, he needs every minute he can get. Unless 5-10 games in it becomes obvious that he's a problem, he needs to be starting and getting real time with his new team mates.

Also, I forget, is Lo back tonight or 1 more game?

• Premium Member

Quote:

Quote:

Thank you. I feel like I'm screaming in the wind.

The ownership situation is going to frustrate a lot of us this season, so we might as well just be prepared for it.

Sadly, yes. I've emotionally distanced myself as much as possible for this season because of the ownership situation tainting everything about the Hawks. We can't fire anyone until this situation is resolved. We can criticize Knight and Woodson,sure...but its useless. Nothing will change this season barring a legal miracle.

• Premium Member

Good point BeeSwatter. JJ on a bad day can often look like most of the other Hawks on a good day.

Man, we really need JJ to play out of his mind this season if we are going to make the playoffs. If he can do that, I think other guys on the team will not be able to help but follow.

Having Marvin back is going to be a big spark, too. He is going to be our 2nd option this year I believe. Losing him hurt more than some on this site care to admit. Zaza is a good player...he just is not a second option. Marvin will take it to the rack when he returns. With him and JJ taking the scoring load, Zaza helping, Speedy getting back in shape, and Chill plus Smoove doing the little things, I think we will still be in good shape.

i don't care what anyone says, Childress needs to get in that starting lineup until he proves otherwise. the man, even in our loss, has played extremely well and in my opinion when Joe Cool Johnson was out, saved us..

He is all hussle also, making the important plays.

Quote:

i don't care what anyone says, Childress needs to get in that starting lineup until he proves otherwise. the man, even in our loss, has played extremely well and in my opinion when Joe Cool Johnson was out, saved us..

He is all hussle also, making the important plays.

Bottom line is - it doesn't matter if some folks think JC is "better off the bench" - that's BS. Hawks winning is the key. JC wants to start as does any other competitive player. If he's the best 3 with MW out - well then he is. Play the game to win...figure out who is better at the 4...Shell or JS...and start one of them there.