• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks have 2nd lowest payroll in the NBA

DeacKillsaDevil

Quote:

they won't have a choice, as if they sign somewhere else we can match. that's what being "restricted" means.

If players don't want to be on a team they'll probably not be there. Look at the AI thing. yeah, I know Marvin/Chill and the guys aren't AI... But if a player doesn't want to be on a team he'll figure out a way to be elsewhere.

see look people you can't just look at what ranking we spend money and then attribute our play to that....what free agents were available this past offseason? would they have fit in for what we were doing? would we have SERIOUSLY overpaid(wallace)? did we actually already try to spend money(cassell, kenyon, dampier) but were not accepted?

having the 2nd lowest payroll means one thing to me. that we are competitive with young developing players (as opposed to when we DID spend money on free agents and hoped they'd fit- see glenn robinson) and that after we see where we are with these players (probably this offseason), we can assess where we need to spend it.

we already know we need a point and center help and we tried to get it this past offseason and those guys havent stepped up yet. but i think we'll try again this offseason.

• Moderators

Quote:

This will be a cheaply run franchise until the ownership situation is over. I really can't believe how many Hawks fans aren't keeping that in mind when they wonder why we don't fire Woodson, or BK, or do "X" trade or sign "Y" player.

Very true.

• Moderators

Quote:

You are right. I tend to forget that. I want the management team to be aggressive - just like I want the players to be more aggressive. But Belkin still has them tied up in knots. Any recent news on that front?

No. The Supreme Court in Maryland declined to hear the appeal so it is due to be heard by the Court of Appeals in the spring and will probably then be appealed by whoever loses.

With everything happening on (injuries) and off the court the Hawks are having a fantastic year. They are showing flashes of what could be a very good team. I hope we don't have to go through another draft and FA with this hanging over our heads . . . . . . but we probably will. Maybe they will reach a settlement????????????