• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Haywood and Hayes to ATL??

bretski33

8th January, 2007 - 4:38 pm

Atlanta Journal Constitution -

Sekou Smith of the Atlanta Journal Constitution is reporting that the Atlanta Hawks , Portland Trailblazers, and Washington Wizards are discussing a multi-player trade.

The rumored deal would have the Blazers sending Jamaal Magloire to the Wizards who would send Brendan Haywood and Jarvis Hayes to the Hawks while they send Lorenzon Wright, Salim Stoudemire, and Esteban Batista to the Blazers.

At least Haywood can man up and blocks some shots in the paint. I like Jarvis Hayes' game also. I think this wood be a good trade- pull the damn trigger Billy!

Guest Walter

It brings a former WCU and UGA bulldog into the mix in Hayes.

I can't imagine our not having to give up the indy pick also, in which case I'm not enamored with it.

W

He makes a lot of sense because he is a 20ppg scorer (when he gets minutes) who gets to the FT line at will and will take some of the burden off of Joe Johnson. Our problem is not the amount of swingmen it is the fact that none of them can score consistantly. Even if we had Ben Wallace in the middle, it still wouldn't solve our problem of finding someone to score when JJ isn't on.

People may look at our PPG and think that we don't have a problem offensively, but all of us who watch all the games know that this is not true. There is scoring points and there is scoring points in an efficient offensive system who can match the intensity of their opponent's offense at anytime. We can't do that. We have probably lost 7 or 8 games this year where we couldn't come up with any effective last possession offensive play. Having defensive bigs are great but if you can't score the it is all academic.

Quote:

It is the type of boring deal I'd expect from the Hawks. How about getting into the Corey Maggette action. I mean the Clips want to give him away. We aren't good enough to make ok conservative moves. That trade would be great for a team like Orlando or the Wizards or the Pacers. For us it is ho hum.

My sentiments exactly!!!!

• Premium Member

Quote:

Why do the Wizards want to do this? On paper Haywood looks better than Magloire. And if Magloire is really better, why don't we just get him directly from Portland?

This sucks. I was going to post a thread a couple of days ago asking people what they thought of Haywood because Washington is seeking to trade him. Now I look like a newbie.

crazy.gif

Anywho, Haywood has been a bit of a "cancer" in Washington. The Hawks would be hoping a change of scenery would help.

Quote:

Quote:

Why do the Wizards want to do this? On paper Haywood looks better than Magloire. And if Magloire is really better, why don't we just get him directly from Portland?

This sucks. I was going to post a thread a couple of days ago asking people what they thought of Haywood because Washington is seeking to trade him. Now I look like a newbie.

crazy.gif

Anywho, Haywood has been a bit of a "cancer" in Washington. The Hawks would be hoping a change of scenery would help.

It's a good deal considering the Hawks are getting two respectable players for scrubs... But it isn't a good enough move to make a huge impact.

This would probably make Salim our Boris Diaw of 07. But I like the change of scenery anyway plus we get a big. I get tired of getting punked in the low. I like Zaza he has heart but I don't think the talent is all there. Give the man a little help cause lo sure as hell is not doing it. For some reason it just seems like we have one center and I hate to see Z get a foul. Cause a few more and we are assed out.

i think we lose esteban who is nothing for us, salim who can be a good player in the league but isnt working great for us right now and lowright..

brendan will be better than lo and provide more physicality in the post which we desperately need...

and jarvis hayes can score and mix it up a bit..

i like the deal, but like someone said before salim will probably turn out to be good somewhere else..

PULL THE TRIGGER!!

• Premium Member

This trade is really lopsdided in Atlanta's favor. It makes more sense to send Hayes to Portland IMO. What about:

Haywood to Atlanta

Hayes/Wright to Portland

Magloire/Atlanta's 2nd to Washington

Atlanta gets their defensive center, Portland frees up time for Aldridge & gets a more experienced SG/SF, and Washington gets rid of their expensive redunancy in the post that can't get along anyway (Etan Thomas and Brendan Haywood).

The only reason you do a deal like this, is to add another big to the mix in Haywood and have the luxury to bring a bigger guard/forward off the bench in Hayes.

But make no mistake, our season isn't hinging on whether Haywood and Hayes ( the 8th and 9th men on this team, when Lue and Smoove come back ), are in the lineup. This team is more than capable of surviving with Salim and Lo on the team, if we also get back Smoove and Lue.

Even if we acquire them, Haywood shouldn't play more than 20 minutes a game, while Hayes shouldn't see 10 - 12 minutes of PT, if everyone is healthy.

Hayes is a decent replacement for Salim, not because of offense ( because Salim is a better offensive player ), but because he's a tall guard who can play a little defense. That would be his role here.

Haywood is better than Lo Wright, but only slightly. He's a better shot blocker than Wright, but Hay Hay Hay-Wood is soft . . EXTRA SOFT. Charmin type soft. That's why the Wiz would want to get rid of him.

If Salim, Batman, and Lo Wright combined would be given a 3.5 rating out of 10 . . . then Haywood and Hayes would be given a 4.25 rating out of 10.

Bottom line. Not significant enough to lose sleep over if we make the deal or not.