• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Anyone notice the transfer of anger?

TroyMcClure

After every loss it seems, some on the board have no actual x and o talk and transfer their anger onto myself, Walter, Tp, JB, CBA and others. I am a little upset with adults acting this way. Check yo' self before you wreck yo' self.

Who am I kidding? The people I'm talking about don't care about the truth.

I refer everyone to what I told Graymule in the Chill exposed thread.

As Mr. Colbert likes to say, he has been nailed!

Sorry I'm such a stickler for reality and facts an all that garbage.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I love how the people who start the most negative posts on the board always play the 'reality' card.

Reality: we just won more road games in a row than we have in about 13 years.

Reality: We just came off our first winning month in a few years.

Reality: Joe has developed into a legit star, and Smith is not far behind.

Reality: We are 2-1 on our current WC trip when most gave us no shot at winning any.

I see improvement. Anyone who doesn't is just riding around life on the short bus.

Can't we just get along Duff Man? I see improvement too. Not enough though. Last night's effort and execution were terrible.

When you are a losing team, there will always be more negative things to say. DUH!

The list of negative is so long and I have to get to work. Anyway, I don't want to think about them. You are right with your list.

Quote:

After every loss it seems, some on the board have no actual x and o talk and transfer their anger onto myself, Walter, Tp, JB, CBA and others. I am a little upset with adults acting this way. Check yo' self before you wreck yo' self.

The Hawks were exposed. They really struggled againest a well structured team that is about X's and O's. Last night made me realize that it's less of Woody's fault. Part of the reason the Hawks players are so poor at X's and O's is because the Hawks have dumb players that lack skills.

Quote:

I love how the people who start the most negative posts on the board always play the 'reality' card.

Reality: we just won more road games in a row than we have in about 13 years.

Reality: We just came off our first winning month in a few years.

Reality: Joe has developed into a legit star, and Smith is not far behind.

Reality: We are 2-1 on our current WC trip when most gave us no shot at winning any.

I see improvement. Anyone who doesn't is

just riding around life on the short bus.

Because some of us look at the big picture while other people will not.

Quote:

Quote:

The Hawks were exposed. They really struggled againest a well structured team that is about X's and O's. Last night made me realize that it's less of Woody's fault. Part of the reason the Hawks players are so poor at X's and O's is because the Hawks have dumb players that lack skills.

so the Hawks beat Pheonix and Golden State because they got lucky? really....

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

so the Hawks beat Pheonix and Golden State because they got lucky? really....

1.golden State sucks(Wwere also missing Baron Davis and Jason Richardson)

2.The Suns have struggled without Nash.

Moreover, these two teams don't play defense... Which gives low basketball IQ teams like the Hawks a chance.

• Moderators

Quote:

Quote:

They aren't great at X's and O's and no team in NBA history this young has been. The Hawks' problem against the Jazz is that they are a poor half-court team and aren't going to compete against a team like the Jazz by shooting J's and playing halfcourt basketball. They will improve on things like the pick and roll as they get more experience.

Quote:

They aren't great at X's and O's and no team in NBA history this young has been. The Hawks' problem against the Jazz is that they are a poor half-court team and aren't going to compete against a team like the Jazz by shooting J's and playing halfcourt basketball. They will improve on things like the pick and roll as they get more experience.

Obviously Hotlanta doesn't realize this..

And I've asked this a billion times..

Hotlanta, please find me the last team who was the youngest in the NBA and made the playoffs..

Quote:

Quote:

...Hotlanta, please find me the last team who was the youngest in the NBA and made the playoffs..

well not to speak for Hotlanta...but my guess is there probably aren't many youngest teams that made the playoffs. Therefore why did BK create the youngest team in the league?

When you have been a bad team for years and keep going to the lottery that tends to happen. Although I do blame a lot of our lack of success on BK and Woodson, that still doesn't take away my point that NOONE has yet to find a team that was the youngest in the NBA to make the playoffs.

I'm still waiting.

Quote:

Quote:

Obviously Hotlanta doesn't realize this..

And I've asked this a billion times..

Hotlanta, please find me the last team who was the youngest in the NBA and made the playoffs..

04 Bulls?

doubt it, Curry and Chandler were in their 4th year, Hinrich came out as a senior the year before, Gordon came out as a junior, they had Antonio Davis (who started), Othella Harringon, Nocioni was already like 26, Duhon came out as a senior, they were way older than us.

• Moderators

Quote:

doubt it, Curry and Chandler were in their 4th year, Hinrich came out as a senior the year before, Gordon came out as a junior, they had Antonio Davis (who started), Othella Harringon, Nocioni was already like 26, Duhon came out as a senior, they were way older than us.

2004-05 (first year Bulls made the playoffs)

Bulls ages - Hawks ages (as of January 2, 2005 - for Hawks this is the roster at end of the year + big parts of the team like Antoine Walker and for the Bulls it is their playoff roster):

24 - 24

21 - 28

25 - 21

22 - 19

36 - 30

25 - 27

30 - 29

22 - 27

30 - 22

34 - 29

34 - 23

22 - 21

Atlanta was a cumulative 25 years younger and that included some older vets like Drobjnak and Delk.

I don't understand the logic of this post? It is an excuse post? Why should I, as a Hawks fan, care about anything other than the Hawks being the best team possible and competing for and in the playoffs.

It's easy to make a young team...tear everything down and get a bunch of draft picks. Then, instead of paying a reasonable core of experienced veterans, run things on the cheap. So what's to be proud of there? frown.gif

• Moderators

Quote:

I don't understand the logic of this post? It is an excuse post? Why should I, as a Hawks fan, care about anything other than the Hawks being the best team possible and competing for and in the playoffs.

It's easy to make a young team...tear everything down and get a bunch of draft picks. Then, instead of paying a reasonable core of experienced veterans, run things on the cheap. So what's to be proud of there?
frown.gif

Age is important in evaluating the legitimate expectations for this team. Saying that this team doesn't know all its Xs and Os when it is among the youngest in NBA history is like complaining that a football player in junior high school isn't as strong as the high school players. No matter how talented, intelligent, etc. a player is, some of this takes time.

As far as whether this is the right plan for the team, that is a different subject and can clearly be debated. Criticizing the team for not having veterans that are necessary for team success is a different argument than criticizing the youngsters for not having learned enough about the game yet.

Quote:

Quote:

It's easy to make a young team...tear everything down and get a bunch of draft picks. Then, instead of paying a reasonable core of experienced veterans, run things on the cheap. So what's to be proud of there?
frown.gif

Age is important in evaluating the legitimate expectations for this team. Saying that this team doesn't know all its Xs and Os when it is among the youngest in NBA history is like complaining that a football player in junior high tschool isn't as strong as the high school players. No matter how talented, intelligent, etc. a player is, some of this takes time.

As far as whether this is the right plan for the team, that is a different subject and can clearly be debated. Criticizing the team for not having veterans that are necessary for team success is a different argument than criticizing the youngsters for not having learned enough about the game yet.

good post AHF, you put it better than I could have..

DJ, It's not an excuse, young teams typically (and I shouldn't say typically, I should say VERY RARELY) don't do well in the NBA, it just doesn't happen.

Also keep in mind that our vets are Lo, Lue and Speedy. JJ is still only 25 and he is the only one that contributes on a consistent basis. Lo, although he doesn't make many mistakes, doesn't really contribute. And Lue and Speedy have been injured all season.

I'm not sure if AHF included Slava in that age list, but if he did than Slava gave us a few extra years also, and he does nothing.

• Moderators

Quote:

I'm not sure if AHF included Slava in that age list, but if he did than Slava gave us a few extra years also, and he does nothing.

Those were the 2004-05 rosters, not this year's team. I think we are actually younger now without guys like Walker, Delk, etc.