• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Houston's series loss to Utah

kudzu23

Quote:

I missed the last 2 or three games in the series, and I'm having a hard to finding old articles, could anyone tell me how Houston lost the series to Utah? I was rooting for Houston to win it all

Utah was simply younger, more talented, and more athletic. Houston has no bench and they need another scoring guard and a new updated coach.

its hard to see what they do. Do they trade T-Mac and his injury prone body somewhere else for different pieces or an all-star? Maybe T-Mac and Howard to Indiana for Jermaine O'Neal and Marquis Daniels... although it is hard to see if either side really improves with that one.

i blame yao ming, rafer alston and battier played WELL ENOUGH for tmac. it was yao ming because in the series went 55/125 which isnt that bad but he was missing point black shots and he kept fading away and played hardly any defense. rafer didnt play well but he dont make stupid istakes and he plays d.

Quote:

its hard to see what they do. Do they trade T-Mac and his injury prone body somewhere else for different pieces or an all-star? Maybe T-Mac and Howard to Indiana for Jermaine O'Neal and Marquis Daniels... although it is hard to see if either side really improves with that one.

I don't think Ming and O'Neal could work. It would be croweded down low and they'd have no explosiveness at the guard position. Besides, JO isn't much more dependable health wise than Tmac.

Besides, those two don't have games that complement each other.

One more explosive player would do that team really good.

Kidd would be a good option if they could put something together, but that would be hard considering the lack of overall talent.

Really just a 15PPG scorer with abit of killer instinct might do the trick.

Another guy would be Bibby.

Quote:

i blame yao ming, rafer alston and battier played WELL ENOUGH for tmac. it was yao ming because in the series went 55/125 which isnt that bad but he was missing point black shots and he kept fading away and played hardly any defense. rafer didnt play well but he dont make stupid istakes and he plays d.

Ming reminds me of Patrick Ewing for some reason.

• Moderators

Quote:

Yao Ming reminds me of RIK SMITS

The Dunkin Dutchman was an absolute beast on NBA Live. My brother used him and for whatever reason he was better than guys like Ewing and Robinson. I remember him as much for that as for his excellent career. laugh.gif

While we're on the tangent, did you guys see Rik Smits on Pros vs. Joes? They would blow the whistle and a guy would inbound the ball to the Joe as Smits starts running out from the baseline, trying to block the shot. It was hilarious.

Quote:

Yao Ming reminds me of RIK SMITS

No. Ming is a better rebounder/defender aswell as a better scorer and can sometimes be effective in the paint. I don't think he really compares to Rik that much.

People have always said that.. But what part of their games can you truly compare?