• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

New Article on Real GM - Por/ATL trade

gutz

Quote:

Aldrige is not a Center!! He looked good last year because the Blazers can play uptempo. That doesn't mean he will do well here. Aldrige still needs to put on some muscle. He was also the 4th pick last year so why would they give up the 4thpick of 2006 & a late first rounder for the #3pick?

With Jack, JJ, MW, Smoove, and Aldridge the Hawks SHOULD play uptempo. If we land Noah at 11 to play 4/5 as well as having Zaza providing good situational minutes, things would be looking up.

Aldridge does need to put on muscle, but Yi would have to put on muscle, develop a low post game, and not turn out to be the next Darko. Aldridge is the best solution, and I think a front court rotation of Aldridge, Smoove, Noah, Zaza, and possibly even Shelden would be solid.

• Moderators

Quote:

All I can say is WOW! I never would have thought they would have thrown in jack in that deal too. I really hope BK does this trade. Those 2 guys together are better than any pick in the draft besides oden and durant.

I don't think there is any indication that BK or Portland's GM have put anything on the table at this point. The genesis of this was an article that basically mirrored the speculation by some on here that a Jack/Aldridge for #3 trade might work for both teams.

Quote:

Aldrige is not a Center!! He looked good last year because the Blazers can play uptempo. That doesn't mean he will do well here. Aldrige still needs to put on some muscle. ..

He's better than anything we have at center (Zaza not being terrible - but borderline) and remember...we gotta hang inside against CHARLOTTE first instead of getting our arses kicked before we conquer the world. Yi or Hawes aren't going to do that sort of thing. I'd take Horford (if he's really 6'10" instead of 6'9" or 6'8-3'4")...I'd rather have Aldridge.

Aldridge is a helluva better center prospect than we have now...JJack is a reasonably experienced PG who can do the job in our plodding Eastern Conference offense. AND we could use the 11 on the BPA. We may have to throw in another player to make the deal (not stiffs like BLo or net-negatives like Speedy)...but that's OK - wasted money is wasted - if Speedy comes back fine - otherwise it is one dumb decision and a contract that we will likely take to the grave.

Let's remember - we need to improve to a E.C. playoff team. Everybody can say we will with our current talent (less injuries)...but I'm from Missouri...show me. smirk.gif

Quote:

Sorry but the Portland fans are not making the deals here. The GM could care less what they think.

That's like Portland offering us Jarrett Jack for Josh Smith, we all reject it, and a Portland fan responds with "BK could care less what Hawks fans think, he makes the deals, not the fans." It's not happening dude. They already have 2 promising PGs, Conley would be a luxury, not a necessity. There's no reason to give up last years #2 overall pick to get a LUXURY that they don't need.

Quote:

Quote:

Aldrige is not a Center!! He looked good last year because the Blazers can play uptempo. That doesn't mean he will do well here. Aldrige still needs to put on some muscle. He was also the 4th pick last year so why would they give up the 4thpick of 2006 & a late first rounder for the #3pick?

With Jack, JJ, MW, Smoove, and Aldridge the Hawks SHOULD play uptempo. If we land Noah at 11 to play 4/5 as well as having Zaza providing good situational minutes, things would be looking up.

Aldridge does need to put on muscle, but Yi would have to put on muscle, develop a low post game, and not turn out to be the next Darko. Aldridge is the best solution, and I think a front court rotation of Aldridge, Smoove, Noah, Zaza, and possibly even Shelden would be solid.

Aldridge is long and blocks shots. Aldridge has enough offense NOW to require big attention. I am reminded how long Detroit gets defensively, we can be like that. Dont forget Solomon in the rotation. This is the opportunity for BK to intiate this summer of "dealing".

Next up: Marvin for Milwaukee's pick, draft Brewer. Draft Javaris at 11.

LaMarcus could be Rasheed in time.

Quote:

This trade is never going to happen. Portland fans HATE this deal, none of them would do it. I guess if their GM is desparate enough to pair Conley and Oden it's possible, but I doubt it.

I'll tell you exactly why it happens...

YOU WANT GREG ODEN TO BE COMFORTABLE FROM DAY ONE!!!

Can you possibly think of a better situation than to have your Point Guard, who goes to Memphis if the Hawks don't select him, be the LIFELONG teammate of your new Franchise Center/#1 Overall pick? These guys have been together on the basketball court and chemistry is worth its' weight in gold, ask the Detroit Pistons, San Antonio Spurs, Phoenix Suns, etc...

If I am the Portland GM I cringe at the thought of Zach Randolph staying at the expense of LaMarcus Aldridge, but I do get the "Thunder & Lightning" combo that everyone in the league covets...

If I'm Billy I am ecstatic at the prospect of my job being saved by this trade. Had Lamarcus gone back to Texas and played with Durant this season he would've no doubt been a top 3 selection. I also give the hometown a warm fuzzy by bringing back somewhat of a local legend/serviceable/"team first" point guard in Jarrett Jack.

So Portland looks like this:

c. Greg Oden -- The Next David Robinson

pf. Zach Randolph or a S&T (Gasol?)

sf. Travis Outlaw -- Eh

sg. Brandon Roy -- Solid player, versatile, baby-face

pg. Mike Conley Jr. -- Lightning quick, solid w/Oden

and

Atlanta looks like this:

Lamarcus Aldridge -- A 4/5 that can be a legit East Center

Josh Smith -- U know what u got

Marvin Williams -- This is the make or break season

Joe Johnson -- Proves he's a legit Eastern All-Star

Jarrett Jack -- Bring Em' HOME!

I like it and it makes our #11 pick free to go BPA...

Make it happen BK

Guest Walter

Quote:

Do you think Aldridge could play C? Or is he a pure PF??

I haven't seen Jack play very much...What's the book on him?

What direction would we go at 11 if we did this?

What other choice do we have after BK's blunders? We'd have to find out. It would be rather nice to consider whether a 6'11+" LONG star quality player can play center rather than a 6'7 1/2" short reach role player can.

W

Quote:

Quote:

Do you think Aldridge could play C? Or is he a pure PF??

I haven't seen Jack play very much...What's the book on him?

What direction would we go at 11 if we did this?

What other choice do we have after BK's blunders? We'd have to find out. It would be rather nice to consider whether a 6'11+" LONG star quality player can play center rather than a 6'7 1/2" short reach role player can.

W

Aldridge is a much better C than Pachlia.

Honestly I would play undersized Brandan Wright at C over Pachulia. That's how little I think of Big Z at this point.

But the thing about Aldridge is that Portland may not be willing to trade him. THey just got him. He's so young and inexpensive.

Why would they trade that?

I think the chances of kevin pritchard giving up lamarcus aldridge, who he is very high on and for good reason, are very slim, particularly when he already has two solid, developing young PGs on his roster. Aldridge is probably a more natural 4 but he probably matches up better or as well as most of the Centers in the Eastern Conference.

The only way I could see this deal happening is if the Hawks were willing to give up Marvin, who is from the NW and would fill the SF spot for the Blazers that Outlaw & Webster are not ready to hold down. I don't see BK doing this, but I'm sure the Blazers are talking to us anyways to see what it would take to get the #3.

the deal won't happen..that was just somebodies suggestion on what could happen. hell, they may have gotten it off this site. but if it's a possibility at all, BK needs to be on the phone this second...

and what's with all these marvin throw-in trades? am i the only one that expects big things from him this coming season?

Quote:

I hope this trade can somehow happen.

This beat writer dude is a joke, I never seen a beat writer who wrote dumber things then this guy, he think this team is so close, hello there not. I watch 20 games at the min of the all teams but Port and NO and have to say that this team is far from contending for a playoff spot. Other teams don't even take them seriously yet for the Hawks to take themseleves seriously. Aldridge was solid at the end but he had other solid pieces around and teams where resting players vs them. Jack is solid but not for the 3rd pick, this Sekou pokemon named guy is a funny character, in his world the Hawks are the only team that exist and can get better, whatever Smitty.

Quote:

the deal won't happen..that was just somebodies suggestion on what could happen. hell, they may have gotten it off this site. but if it's a possibility at all, BK needs to be on the phone this second...

and what's with all these marvin throw-in trades? am i the only one that expects big things from him this coming season?

I dont see Marvin being much better then he is right now. We passed on 2 top 5 point guards for this guy. He will never be as good as those guys he doesnt show any heart or desire to be a big time player.

Thanks - especially for the link. Some of the other comments were more positive "Indeed Guangdong has swept Shangai (3-0) following Yi’s impressive production, with averages of 30 points (67% from the field), 14 rebounds and 2.7 blocks. Truly Yao Ming-esque numbers." But he certainly doesn't sound like a center regardless of what the AJC says. Whoever we pick better get a hard workout this year.

(That other guy, Tang Zhendong, looks huge. I think I read that he is 7'2" 280 pounds - but he makes Yi look like a child.)

I think Marvin is going to have a terrific season next year. I think he will be more confident and start to show everyone why he was so highly regarded by GMs around the league. I would not trade JJ, Smoove or Marvin unless we were getting a heck of a player in return.