• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Trade for Andre Miller

DrReality

Saw this on Realgm. Philly fans seemed to like it. We'd get a hell of a pg. Don't know who would be there at 21, but likely a backup big.

Philly trades:

Andre Miller

Atlanta trades:

Speedy Claxton

Shelden Williams

For Philadelphia, they pick up a PF from Atlanta & move from #21 to #11 while getting a back-up PG whose contract is one year longer than Miller's. This allows them to use #11 on Acie Law as their PG for the future. Williams becomes a starter on Philly but plays behind Smith in Atlanta.

For Atlanta, they pick up a starting PG for 2 years who allows them to bring Conley on slowly while reducing the 3rd year of Speedy's salary. At #21 they can still draft a back-up center like Gasol.

Nice move. We could go big at #3.

Miller and a big means we compete from day #1.

I am not sure about using #3 on a PG who will not be playing but it could be best for the long term development of Conley.

Miller will be very, very, tradeable for us in 2008 / the last year on his contract. Playoff teams would be lining up for him at the trade deadline.

The more I think of it, the more I like it.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Saw this on Realgm. Philly fans seemed to like it. We'd get a hell of a pg. Don't know who would be there at 21, but likely a backup big.

Philly trades:

Andre Miller

Atlanta trades:

Speedy Claxton

Shelden Williams

This trade absolutely makes no sense especially if you plan is to draft a point guard with the third pick! Where is your starting center and power foward?

Since we already know how hard it is to fill the PG position with a good player, I think we should be thinking long term here. Miller is a 7 year veteran, how much longer do you think he has in his career?

Why couldn't we also do a trade for the number three. We could take a big there, or if Portland wants to draft Conley, we package the pick to them for a big and Jack. That way we have Miller for a year or two (could be a good chip to trade next year) and Jack for long term.

Not sure that Port gives up Aldridge, but they have other bigs that would meet out needs. That way we bring on no more young guys that are projects. Any takers.

Quote:

Nice move. We could go big at #3.

Miller and a big means we compete from day #1.

I am not sure about using #3 on a PG who will not be playing but it could be best for the long term development of Conley.

Miller will be very, very, tradeable for us in 2008 / the last year on his contract. Playoff teams would be lining up for him at the trade deadline.

The more I think of it, the more I like it.

If the Hawks trade for Miller I would hope they would be a playoff team and thus unwilling to trade to another playoff team. Just resign him.

This doesn't make any sense. Philly is going to give us a good NBA PG for an albatross contract on an injured backup PG, a crappy PF, and the ability to move up from #21 to #11. Why would they do this?

Also, it doesn't solve our problem, which is how do we get a Center. We'll get a PG out of the draft. We don't need to worry about that. How do we trade for a Center?

I we take Conley at #3 to be Miller's under study we only need Miller for one year to make Conley's transition as easy as possible.

We hopefully will be playoff team too and can ship Miller out west where it will not effect us unless we got to the Finals.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Why couldn't we also do a trade for the number three. We could take a big there, or if Portland wants to draft Conley, we package the pick to them for a big and Jack. That way we have Miller for a year or two (could be a good chip to trade next year) and Jack for long term.

Not sure that Port gives up Aldridge, but they have other bigs that would meet out needs. That way we bring on no more young guys that are projects. Any takers.

If you are talking about trading the #3 for aldridge, why not take a power forward in the draft instead who might be better than Aldridge without the injury history?

Why in the hell would the Sixers trade their starting point guard away to move up ONE SPOT IN THE DRAFT? The guys included in the trade won't have Sixer fans lined up for season tickets, either. There's no way Philadelphia does that deal.