• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Latest from my sources inside the front office

Sothron

• Premium Member

I posted this in another thread but I think it bears its own post to make sure its seen.

**I've heard from another source that Knight is asking for a lot for that pick because they believe they can find both a big man and point guard out of a trade and still have the 11th pick for BPA or a project center if Hawes is still there. The basic feeling is that at least one or two of the non-Oden/Durant kids is going to skyrocket before the draft and at least one team will be willing to bite the bullet to make sure they get "that guy".

Another source I heard said that Knight is personally as high on General Yi as he was on Gasol when BK was the Grizz GM and would have ZERO qualms with taking him at #3 and whoever the best point guard left is at #11 if the value is still there to justify the pick.**

If you recall I told you guys exactly when that conversation took place and what it was about thanks to my sources. I am definitely left with the impression that Knight is fine with setting pretty on drafting Yi at #3 or moving the pick if another team is willing to pay the price for it.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:

**I've heard from another source that Knight is asking for a lot for that pick because they believe they can find both a big man and point guard out of a trade and still have the 11th pick for BPA or a project center if Hawes is still there. The basic feeling is that at least one or two of the non-Oden/Durant kids is going to skyrocket before the draft and at least one team will be willing to bite the bullet to make sure they get "that guy".

I like this.

Quote:

Another source I heard said that Knight is personally as high on General Yi as he was on Gasol when BK was the Grizz GM and would have ZERO qualms with taking him at #3 and whoever the best point guard left is at #11 if the value is still there to justify the pick.**

I do not like this but I believe it.

Quote:

Quote:

I like this.

Quote:

I do not like this but I believe it.

my thoughts to the t...

The only teams I can think of that have a PG and Center they would move is Portland & Seatle (who each own the #1 & #2 picks):

Portland

Jack, Pryz, Magloire, and maybe Aldridge if you consider him a center. I doubt they move Aldridge

Jack and Pryz are not worth the 3rd pick are they ?

Seattle:

Ridnour & Petro, Swift, Sene

Not enough for the #3 is it ?

Maybe the Kings:

Bibby and Miller but both have big contracts

or

Pacers

Tinsley and O'Niel

Grizz

Stoudamire and Gasol

Hmmmmm... Who am I forgeting ?

Would it have to be a three way ?

Any thoughts ?

Who is ready to tear down and rebuild that could be a trading partner?

I am reminded of a line from Forest Gump

"Stupid is as stupid does." I don't even know what that means but it just popped into my head.

Clearly Knight hasn't learned from his past failures in the draft. He has been badly wrong with every lottery pick and he seems determined to continue the trend.

Just how many screwups can this guy survive? How many forwards are enough? At what ridiculous point do we ever get our needs addressed?

Without a trade Yi is truly a stupid pick that will have the nation laughing at the Hawks..........again.

I hate Billy Knight.

They can laugh all they want. BK would get the last laugh.

Personally I think we will end up taking Conley because I think landing Yi would be too good to be true.

People saying Yi would be a stupid pick are just being ignorant

He's the 3rd best prospect in the draft.

#1 pick in any other draft.

How "stupid" of a pick is that on a team desperate for talent?

• Premium Member

I wish there were more posts like these on this board. This used to be a great place to get Hawks info. Now it seems to be more about e-debates over theoretical trade or draft scenarios that usually end in personal insults. Keep it coming. smile.gif

From everything I've seen and read, taking conley over Yi would be short sighted and reactionary. If Oden and Durant had gone straight to the NBA would anyone even know who Mike Conley is? much less be talking about him as the number 1 pick in the draft.

Thanks for the info, Sothron. I'm glad Knight's asking for a lot for #3, just as he should be. It's nice to hear he's taking a hard-line approach to that, and knowing BK, he is probably going to stick to that.

Not so happy about the Yi news, but eh- whatever. Maybe he really is all that and a bag o' chips. Then I guess at 11, hope and pray that Law and/or Critt are still around. I'd think drafting Yi would almost necessitate the trading of one of our other forwards, but which one, and to whom, and for what? confused.gif

I feel this is going to be a very interesting offseason for Hawks fans. smile.gif