New Yi Footage from China (Outstanding)

Rexhawk

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Premium Member

The big three that I told you guys about last week are still just that: the big three (Yi, Wright, Horford) with Conley as a dark horse and at #11 Critt and possibly Law moving up after the combine. I still think we are trading the pick but if we keep it I think Yi is the most likely pick. He slots in nicely at PF and possibly at C and will most definitely sell tickets and get some media attention on the Hawks.

Quote:

Glad you guys are liking Yi. There's a reason Knight took so many to see Yi. I think he wants everyone behind him if he decides to keep the pick and draft Yi.

Glad to hear that. I don't think anybody will doubt Yi after they see him workout. The owners will increase the ticket price and still sell out the season. There will be international media frenzy on the Hawks. JJ's agent will know JJ will get millions of extra votes for the all star game. All stars are lining up for Yi. It will be big like th Dominique years.

Quote:

so Yi is back on top of the freakoftheweek list....wonder who will be next week...not dissing him don't worry, just funny to be a part of.

lol,couldn't have said it better myself.

you guys are really on that Yi kool-aid huh? laola.gif

Quote:

Its been a strange week around here. Last weekend it was wright the beginning of the week was hortford and now its Yi the last few days. I hope it stays this way.

Apparently a 5 minute highlight video or a 1/2" measurement are enough to change many posters views. Interesting.

Quote:

Quote:

Its been a strange week around here. Last weekend it was wright the beginning of the week was hortford and now its Yi the last few days. I hope it stays this way.

Apparently a 5 minute highlight video or a 1/2" measurement are enough to change many posters views. Interesting.

Not really. A lot of people found out that Yi can play center like a center and block shots like a pogo stick. He is not just another small forward. He already weighs more than Bosh, chandler and dirk. People already knew he has the offense to die for.

• Premium Member

I'm tired of people harping over big Center, defense, etc.

We need Yi because he gives us a wealth of talent right now not in 5 years and he's only going to get better. I think before it's all over (2-3 years later), he might be considered the steal of the draft!

KB said it in another thread. I would love to see a video of an actual game, for 10 games from buzzer to buzzer. To see how he plays when it's not a highlight and how he plays defense. At least see if it looks like has the ABILITY to play post defense.

It's like when you get a new job. They can tell you the job description but until you see what you're going to actually be spending your time that day from 9-5, you don't quite feel comfortable.

Quote:

KB said it in another thread. I would love to see a video of an actual game, for 10 games from buzzer to buzzer. To see how he plays when it's not a highlight and how he plays defense. At least see if it looks like has the ABILITY to play post defense.

It's like when you get a new job. They can tell you the job description but until you see what you're going to actually be spending your time that day from 9-5, you don't quite feel comfortable.

In another thread I posted a link to a forum where you can download CBA playoff games including the finals, but none of you seem to have checked it out, so here's the link again: link

finally people are starting to realize what i have been saying for the last 3 weeks. YI CAN PLAY CENTER!! From the first video I saw of him I knew he could play it by his low post moves. We will not find a dominate center in this draft, so Yi may be the next best thing.

Quote:

Quote:

In another thread I posted a link to a forum where you can download CBA playoff games including the finals, but none of you seem to have checked it out, so here's the link again: link

Thanks for that. I am downloading now.

As to the highlight clip it is nice to see Yi doing more than just dunking.

His turnaround J is certainly nice but again the issue comes up.... how will he get close enough to the basket to use it?

Basically the video showed his turnaround J and catch and shoot jumpers. What i really wanted to see was Yi catch the ball at the 3 pt line, drive and shoot a pullup J. That is what Dirk does so well and makes him so tough to guard. it is also the thing that the Dirk pretenders don't have.

I also didn't see any jump hooks.

There is too much we don't know about this guy for me to get very excited about him. Just a few days ago people were singing Wright's praises. Then he weighed in at 200 pounds and it was *crickets*.

Who would have though Josh Smith has the same standing reach as Noah?

Yi is a total wild card. Having said that it looks like he is the most likely pick. Wright's 200 pounds should scare off BK since we are already undersized. Horford doesn't look like anything other than a slightly better than average 4 which we don't need. BK certainly doesn't seemed that interested in Conley.

But it bothers me how little we know about Yi. Josh Smith looks like a great 3 pt shooter in the highlight clips. Smiths turnover woes don't show up on clips, etc.

So i am going to download some games and try to check them out this weekend.

Someone wrote this at that link:

By the way, I love it how Yi Jianglian is dominating the competition (against 2 imports at that). I predicted that he would be a top 3 pick 3 years ago. I didn’t predict this year’s draft will be so strong because of the rule change. But I can’t see him out of top 6 or 7.

But he certainly did not disappoint. Every year, he adds something new. The boy is working hard to improve his game.

He still have miles to go. He is still soft on the defensive end. He also takes breaks during the game.

But the boy is working to improve his game and all the weakness will go away after a few season in the NBA.

The boy has physical talent and the drive to succeed. He is going to be special.

Yep.

Up until this point, all we have to go on are the reports that other people who may or may not have actually seen this guy play have done.

I remember that Billy said one time that when he's scouting a player, he gets just as much out of watching them when things are going bad and watching them on the bench, seeing their interaction with the team as he does when things are going good for the player.

That's what I want to see. I want to see if Yi puts his effort into defense if his shot isn't falling offensively, or if he lets a bad shooting day effect his defense negatively. I want to see how he reacts when the refs are making bad calls against him. These are things you will not get from a highlight film.