• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Today is the day boys!!!

DavidSomerset

I don't even have class today, but I woke up at 5:45 this morning and have been doing nothing but thinking about the game!!

bannana_guitar.gifchampagne.gif

Many probably will not give us a chance to beat the Mavs, but wouldn't it be sweet to just whoop that ass and give the few people in the media who have been building us up (Hollinger) some more ammo to get a good rep for us out there?

I, like most here I'm sure, am jacked up for this game!!

woohoo.gifw00t.gif

And If I had enough money for tickets and gas, I'd be there to cheer them on...For all of you that are going to the game, BE LOUD!!!

Here's to hoping for a great start to a season that isn't over after just 82 games!!

eheheh.gifeheheh.gifeheheh.gif

In a way it sucks to start off against the Mavs, because there's a good chance we'll lose even if we really are a better team this year, and I think everyone would prefer to get off to a good start just to prove that the preseason record wasn't a mirage. But looking at it another way, if we actually win tonight, it would be such an encouraging way to start things off. Really, the Mavs barely ever lose during the regular season, so beating them would be a major accomplishment.

Quote:

Too bad 2 of our big men (ZaZa & Lo) won't play tonight. That means we will have to rely on just Smoove,Horford, Shelden & Skinny Solomon to man the froncourt.

Too bad. Diop will go Kobe on us and score 45 tonight.

They are out of Howard and "the self proclaimed 2nd best center in the west". I'll take our situation.

Too bad they win 80% of their regular season games.

Quote:

Too bad 2 of our big men (ZaZa & Lo) won't play tonight. That means we will have to rely on just Smoove,Horford, Shelden & Skinny Solomon to man the froncourt.

Nah... I'd rather let Hoford, Shelden and Solomon play the center spot. We got good depth this year. And it's not like Zaza and Lo will stop anybody anyway.

I'll be there and can't wait.

If you see a couple white guys who look 30, each about 5'10'', clean shaved, and short brown/ blonde hair, drinking a couple of beers at the CNN Center come a hollar at us.

I know we really stick out ! Hey, I can't help it that we will probably look like every one else at teh CNN Center. Both of us will be coming staight from work. No time to change into stuff more casual.

I got on red and tan (casual) buttom up with some kakis and brown leather shoes. Come have a beer with us.

Go Hawks

Quote:

...Too bad. Diop will go Kobe on us and score 45 tonight...

I realize you are sorta kidding on this one JW...but Diop can hurt us in the paint by going 20/12. Hopefully Shelden will be up to the task because I think we may see a big lineup tonight with SW-C/Ho-PF/JS-SF a good bit...unless MW takes an "agressive" pill.

• Premium Member

After a strong preseason, i think dominating a top team will give our team the confidence that they need for this early stretch. All I'm saying is that I don't want us to win by fluke or in a questionable manner, but I want us to look like a team that went 7-1 in the preseason!

Quote:

After a strong preseason, i think dominating a top team will give our team the confidence that they need for this early stretch. All I'm saying is that I don't want us to win by fluke or in a questionable manner, but I want us to look like a team that went 7-1 in the preseason!

Good to see you so upbeat. Hopefully it'll be a magical night. Cheers. elefant.gifnana.gifhuepfenicon111.gif

I don't care if we hit a full court shot at the buzzer or if the ref calls 4 fouls on Dirk in the first 4 minutes, I'll take a win however we can get it. I get your point about wanting us to look like a team that went 7-1 in the preseason but our early schedule is BRUTAL and victories are going to be hard to come by. In the first 10 games, I'll take'em however we can get'em!

Quote:

I don't care if we hit a full court shot at the buzzer or if the ref calls 4 fouls on Dirk in the first 4 minutes, I'll take a win however we can get it. I get your point about wanting us to look like a team that went 7-1 in the preseason but our early schedule is BRUTAL and victories are going to be hard to come by. In the first 10 games, I'll take'em however we can get'em!

8 of our first 11 games are against teams that think they are good enough to go to the finals, at least. Unbelievable! I've never seen a stretch like that. Not even in mid-season.

Maybe we can catch a few of these teams before they really have a chance to gel. Our guys have been together for a bit now and they are starting to play off each other pretty well.

I hope DAL is thinking same old Hawks and they come in here with no energy. If they do, I think we have a shot to win because our guys are going to be ready to go.

Early in the season, our deep bench could be a big advantage because guys are not truly used to playing big minutes yet.