• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

There is too much criticism on Chillz.

Diesel

• Premium Member

Too many squawkers saying chillz has lost his confidence, blah blah this and blah blah dat...

Chillz will be just fine. Last night, he had one of the best spin moves I have seen in a while.

For those of you critical of him not scoring on the pass from Acie... did you watch that play?? Billups came through, blocked the dunk, caught the ball, and threw it back in before landing out of bounds. It was a Smoove like defensive play and people are saying Chillz suck because of that??

Chillz will be fine!

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:

Too many squawkers saying chillz has lost his confidence, blah blah this and blah blah dat...

Chillz will be just fine. Last night, he had one of the best spin moves I have seen in a while.

For those of you critical of him not scoring on the pass from Acie... did you watch that play?? Billups came through, blocked the dunk, caught the ball, and threw it back in before landing out of bounds. It was a Smoove like defensive play and people are saying Chillz suck because of that??

Chillz will be fine!

I agree that Chillz will be fine. His athleticism sure looks great, but there has to be something bothering him. I have never seen someone miss so many point blank dunks in two consecutive games.

I long for the day when you'll open a positive thread like that for Marvin.

He started worse than this last year and he ended up having a very good year. He reminds me of JT in that he is a notoriously slow starter. As long as he stays healthy, I have no doubt that he will pick it up sooner rather than later.

Actually, his biggest issue may be trying to get minutes when both JJ and Marvin are playing so well. I can't imagine that Marvin will play as well as he has the first two games for the entire season (if he does, we will make the playoffs for sure) so Chillz just needs to make sure that he is ready to step it up when Marvin (or JJ) has an off night.

I have not noticed any criticism of Chillz.

Is mentioning that he missed catching a pass or two too much criticicm. It was only brought up to defend Law's 5 turnovers.....not to put down Chillz.

Too sensitive about Chills and too much hatred toward Marvin.

What gives ?

Quote:

Quote:

Chillz will be fine!

I agree that Chillz will be fine. His athleticism sure looks great, but there has to be something bothering him. I have never seen someone miss so many point blank dunks in two consecutive games.

I long for the day when you'll open a positive thread like that for Marvin .

113830985_09f377146d.jpg

I'm not worried about Josh Childress at all either, but I do disagree with you on Marvin Williams. I think he could very well be breaking out this year. This is the year the experts pointed to as the year Marvin would put everything together and become the player that all the scouts and executives in the NBA thought he could become. Marvin averaged 16.8 PPG over the last month of the season last year while shooting 45% from the floor. I think that was the first signs that he was starting to gain confidence in his game and starting to put things together.

If Marvin was off to the same start as Chill, do you think D-Bag would have started a thread that called for patience?

Naw, he's the Agendaman. And the threads have to be consistent with the agenda. If Marvin had started like Chillz then Diesel would have been shouting how Marvin sucked from the highest mountain top.

In D-Bags view, some players deserve patience while others deserve criticism. It's an interesting approach thats for sure.

• Premium Member

Quote:

After single handedly creating the culture of turning every thread into a Marvin thread, Diesel gets a taste of his own medicine, and promptly runs away from his own thread.

hidesbehindsofa.gif

Really???

In 2 games, Marvin is averaging 19, 5.5, and 2.5...

IS that really something to be overjoyed about??

Let me remind you of the alternatives:

Chris Paul = 18.7 ppg, 6.4 rpg, 9.7 Apg, and 3 spg.

That's right, Chris Paul is outrebounding Marvin! Significantly.

Deron Williams = 24.5 ppg, 3.1 rpg, 9.3 apg, 1.3 spg.

• Moderators

Quote:

Quote:

After single handedly creating the culture of turning every thread into a Marvin thread, Diesel gets a taste of his own medicine, and promptly runs away from his own thread.

hidesbehindsofa.gif

Really???

I am very happy with those numbers and think there is still room for improvement with those.

Quote:

Soooo, you are comparing Josh Childress against Andre Iguodala?

20.3 ppg, 6.3 rpg, 3.0 apg, 1.3 spg, 1.3 bpg

If the only way you are going to be satisfied with Marvin and Childress is seeing them outperform the alternatives, then you are in for perpetual disappointment. Neither was the best pick at that spot. The good news is that both can be key players for a rising Hawks team, though! I agree Childress deserves patience to start this season and also think what we are seeing from Marvin is very good stuff.

Quote:

Quote:

hidesbehindsofa.gif

Really???

weather the storm man. in time if all is not forgotten, it'll atleast be forgiven.

Quote:

Quote:

hidesbehindsofa.gif

Really???

There is the Diesel we know, parroting his agenda, oblivious to all improvements in Marvin. At least you didn't say, Al Harrington is scoring 20+.

Everybody is over the Paul and Deron saga. Why do you call that Marvin's fault?

Can't you appreciate the fact that Marvin is showing the same effort and passion that Chillz is showing?

Can't you see the tenacious defense that Marvin has played at all 5 positions, a rarity in the NBA?

Don't you see the silk smooth touch, and glimpse of stardom the youngest player of the roster is showing?

For a few seconds think that Chillz is Marvin, and Marvin is Chillz, and find another dimension of yourself.

Quote:

Quote:

hidesbehindsofa.gif

Really???

Dude, you are retarded.

Quote:

Really???

Uh, yes. If not overjoyed, at least joyed.

• Premium Member

Not at all...

People here "WISH" that I should praise Marvin for having good games. However, he's still not on the level with Deron or Paul.

If you want to compare Chillz to Iggy, Go ahead. I won't stop you. However, I'm not going to criticize you for not praising Chillz everytime he has a good game!!!

Get it yet?

Go back through, check the History...

How many times have I ever encouraged anybody to praise Chillz? How many times was I ever "wishing" that anybody would praise Chillz or Shelden??

I hope Marvin continue having good games...

Chillz and Shelden too!

• Premium Member

Quote:

There is the Diesel we know, parroting his agenda, oblivious to all improvements in Marvin.

You spend post after post here wishing I would say something good about Marvin and then when I say the truth...

I have an agenda???

Not only that I have an agenda but I'm parroting it?

Jerry, today you are the biggest loser on this board!

• Premium Member

I guess if you've been in the dessert for a little while and you've forgotten what water really taste like.... when you get a drop of water, you think it's the best thing ever...

As opposed to those who were in the dessert with their own personal water truck!

We passed on the water truck... but now, we're dancing over the drop!

Why not just take the drop and hope for another drop or two??