• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

NBA hot spots is working for this season

exodus

Interesting chart. I wonder if Woody might ever want to look it over to see where folks can hit shots and where they can't. I wouldn't be surprised if he never thought of it.

Marvin tears it up from the right side, and Al is good on the left. Good information if somebody is bright enough to use it.

Quote:

Interesting chart. I wonder if Woody might ever want to look it over to see where folks can hit shots and where they can't. I wouldn't be surprised if he never thought of it.

Everthought of that ?

Coaches have been doing that at the highschool level for decades with pen and paper.

There is a guy on every staff in the league who does this for their team every game. The scouts keep track of the rest of league. With the computer age this is looked at under a microscope.

Hey Coachx

Sarcasm[A] is the sneering, jesting, or mocking of a person, situation or thing. It is strongly associated with irony, with some definitions classifying it as a type of verbal irony intended to insult or wound[1][2][3][4][5][6][7] — stating the opposite of the intended meaning, e.g. using "that's fantastic" to mean "that's awful".

Quote:

Hey Coachx

Sarcasm[A] is the sneering, jesting, or mocking of a person, situation or thing. It is strongly associated with irony, with some definitions classifying it as a type of verbal irony intended to insult or wound[1][2][3][4][5][6][7] — stating the opposite of the intended meaning, e.g. using "that's fantastic" to mean "that's awful".

Man shut up. It's hard to detect sarcasm on the internet, let alone someone who never posts because we don't know their tendencies.

Quote:

Funny how stats tend to fluctuate wildly from game to game early in the season. It cracks me up how Walt is/was trying to use 6 games of stats to proclaim that Yi is already better than Horford. I cannot WAIT until we play them so I can watch Horford bust Yi's arse!
fryingpan.gif

Yi's ball handling makes Smith look good by comparison. I watched some of Yi's playoff games in the Chinese league last summer and it wasnt pretty.

he can't play down low because he can't take contact at all. he fumbles the ball all the time when he gets hit.

Quote:

Marvin has really improved at finishing inside. Used to be he was jumping into people and throwing up garbage or getting his shot blocked. So far he is shooting 19-28 or 68% on his attempts inside.

That's an absolutely incredible number around the basket. Especially compared to last year, when he was a pitiful 48% around the basket. Anything over 60% from that area, is excellent. So to be at close to 70%, is downright ridiculous. Those are Manu Ginoboli, Tony Parker type finishing numbers. And those two are perennially 2 of the best finishers around the rim in the league.

Smoove's 51% around the rim, while still in the red, is acutally low for a guy his size. This site gives a perfect illustration on why he should not be shooting outside 15 feet.. Just continue to take everything to the basket Josh, and you'll be OK.

• Premium Member

#1. Hotspots show that Lue hasn't taken 1 shot from the far righthanded 3 this season. So I looked at last season and he only took 6 shots from there all last season. IS this a preference or is it by design?

#2. I have never heard of Al Horford as "Alfred".

Quote:

#2. I have never heard of Al Horford as "Alfred".

That is his name. I always wanted him to be an Albert (because the Alligator mascot at Florida is also Albert) but he's not. Hopefully it won't take too long for the NBA stats people to change that to "Al". I mean, they have Craig Claxton listed as "Speedy" in their player list, so why wouldn't they?

Coachx,

I was being an ass. You are a better man than me.

I just have to much of a life than to post here 5000 times. But I read often.

These folks that post so much, it bugs the hell out of me how picky they can be.

Like getting onto Horfor for a couple of travels. The guys hustles his but off, is a true leader and smart basketball players. Ridiculous that they criticize him for the travels when he rebounds, passes, defends and play his ass off every second.

Woody has to go. Period.