• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Why does Mario West even play?

bumpyphish1

Quote:

This guy would not play for any other team in the league. Not due to injuries not due to anything.

Talk about stupid comments!!!

West is one of the best defenders on the team.

I did not see anybodyelse playing any defense on Ginobli last night.

I guess some of you are too stupid to interpret a game for yourselves so you just look at the box score.

Anybody that saw the game last night would know that if somebody earned a couple minutes of PT it is West.

What an idiot!!!!!!!!!!

I guess if a guy cant go for 40 he's useless huh?

Unbelievable. The teams hardest worker get 3 minutes and here comes Einstein.

Quote:

Quote:

What an idiot!!!!!!!!!!

Use more !'s, it makes you sound smart.

A guy finishes grammar school and now he wants to be a message board grammar cop.

Good Job kid. Good Job.

btw... did you actually notice the topic? there is one you know.

Tell you what just do what you do.

!!!!!

Quote:

This guy would not play for any other team in the league. Not due to injuries not due to anything.

You are totally wrong, Bumpy. While Sasquatch may be coming off like a tool, he is right. The man plays defense. He was also a slam dunk champion. Did you see him showboat last night when he had the chance? Hell no. He knows his role, which is refreshing. Anyone who can play defense at the NBA level deserves to play. However, we are waaay too deep. We need to slim the rotation down. I'll take West over Lue most days of the week, though.

• Premium Member

I agree 100% with all of the praise about Mario West on this thread. He is absolutely the only reason the San Antonio game was not an epic embarrassment. (though it was still a pretty big one).

Me and my brother were joking about how Mario didn't showboat on his dunk 'cause he must have been thinking. "If I blow this dunk, I'm definitely working at Waffle House for the next ten years."... Then like 3 plays later AJ just absolutely blew his dunk that would have cut the game to 6 and me and my bro just look at each other and shook our heads.

Quote:

Quote:

West is one of the best defenders on the team.

I did not see anybodyelse playing any defense on Ginobli last night.

I guess some of you are too stupid to interpret a game for yourselves so you just look at the box score.

Anybody that saw the game last night would know that if somebody earned a couple minutes of PT it is West.

What an idiot!!!!!!!!!!

I guess if a guy cant go for 40 he's useless huh?

Unbelievable. The teams hardest worker get 3 minutes and here comes Einstein.

my god, do we HAVE to get posters like this sign up every other day? Seems like we're getting more name-calling highschoolesque types than people who stick to the subject of basketball.

talk about basketball...disagree with a poster and tell why but THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NO NEED TO START WHIPPING OUT INSULTS!......YOU ARE AN ADULT.

Quote:

Quote:

If you watched the Spurs game you would no exactly why he plays.

What Spurs game? I just saw the boxscore and he only had 5 points. I mean 5 freaking points. He should be cut ASAP.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

What Spurs game? I just saw the boxscore and he only had 5 points. I mean 5 freaking points. He should be cut ASAP.

I can't tell who is a smart ass, who is 12, and who is just an idiot. This site has so many posters who are only box score watchers you must forgive me.

I think your being sarcastic.

In csae you are a complete moron....The crowd was brought to a standing ovation thanks to West. He was playing lock down defense and geting steals that lead to fast break points. He lead a 13 to 0 run.

You have to watch the game to know this, you box score watcher who thinks he is a fan that has a clue.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I can't tell who is a smart ass, who is 12, and who is just an idiot. This site has so many posters who are only box score watchers you must forgive me.

I think your being sarcastic.

In csae you are a complete moron....The crowd was brought to a standing ovation thanks to West. He was playing lock down defense and geting steals that lead to fast break points. He lead a 13 to 0 run.

You have to watch the game to know this, you box score watcher who thinks he is a fan that has a clue.

I was being sarcastic, i watched the game unlike the thread starter who is going by the boxscore. Ginobili was kiling Chill and others until F150 came in and stoped Manu from taking it over by himself. I think he completly took him from his game as Ginobili didn't score again. That's something we didn't have last year when Ginobili scored 24 straight on us. He did recieve some bullsh!t calls from the refs however.

• Premium Member

Quote:

It also might have a little something to do with injures to Acie, Speedy and Lue. Just maybe tho.
wink.gif

Actually, West is a pretty nice find. He's obviusly making the minimum and he plays at only one speed: ALL OUT. I liked him back at GT and I like him with the Hawks. You absolutely WILL NOT see him sleepwalking through a game or slacking on a defensive assignment. His offense isn't all that refined but he is a lockdown defender and a VERY explosive run-jump type of athlete. You have to be a real basketball type of guy to appreciate what he brings to the table. If you just watched the boxscore, you'd assume that he was garbage. But the guy brings the intangibles out there. GO WEST! grin.gif