• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

picking myself up an Al Horford Jersey!

chillzatl

• Admin

We have a legit, top of the class power forward here people! Plays D, rebounds great and while his offense isn't great yet, it's going to get better just like every other aspect of his game! It's been a long time since we a power player like him here. I mean hell, the last time we had a GOOD PF here period was maybe that one year by Hendu which was what, 98? Before that it was Laettner for a little while? In the end I think Horf will be better than both by a long stretch. VERY EXCITING!

Quote:

I would hope that whatever coach we have would realize that it's in our best interests to cater a little more to our only legit big man. I would hope....

Then that would mean you are officially on the Woody No Goody bandwagon. uglyhammer.gif

Can't say i blame you. His ineptitude is becoming more and more obvious. You know there is no way he would ever be able to convince the guys to consistently feed a post player.

Quote:

I would hope that whatever coach we have would realize that it's in our best interests to cater a little more to our only legit big man. I would hope....

Feeding the post always opens up the wings. Start inside and the games gets soooo much easier for the playmakers. Especially with a guy who has the awareness and can pass like Al.

He'll be our best player within 2 seasons.

When is Woody going to run some plays for him? He can hit the open 15 footer all night and has decent low post moves.

He always shoots a high percentage also. We need to cultivate the talent that we have in Horfy. He is THE MAN!!! Hard to believe he's only played around 20 pro games in his career. He will only get better.

Quote:

Quote:

Feeding the post always opens up the wings. Start inside and the games gets soooo much easier for the playmakers. Especially with a guy who has the awareness and can pass like Al.

He'll be our best player within 2 seasons.

His plus-minus was +22 last night.

I'm still oscillating between Horford and Marvin. I really like Horford, but Marvin has been a favorite for a while now, and I myself play the 2/3 spot in bball games, so I relate a bit more.

But man, Al is fun to watch.

I have 2 more weeks to decide... it's gonna be a tough one.

• Admin

I'm a fan of all of our guys, but Horford is just something we haven't had in years. Granted, before our current crew of young guys, we didn't have a SF who was worth a piss since Nique, but still. Horford has the type of game that we've lacked for decades and seeing what he's doing as a rookie just makes you smile for the present and the future.