• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

We have to refinish that Miami game

gsuteke

Hadn't seen this posted yet.

We have to replay the end of that Miami game before our next game with them with 53 seconds left and us up by 3.

Miami won the protest of Shaq being called out on fouls... even though he likely won't play in the next one due to being fat and out of shape.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is sheer insanity. First replay in 25+ years. Crazy. Watch, we're going to lose it and miss the playoffs by 1 game with our luck.

---------

ATLANTA -- The Atlanta Hawks and Miami Heat must replay the final 51.9 seconds of their game last month because the NBA said the official scorer ruled incorrectly that Shaquille O'Neal fouled out. This will be the first time since 1982 the league has sent teams back on the court for a replay.

The Hawks won 117-111 at home in overtime Dec. 19. The NBA said Friday the replay will be held before the teams' next scheduled game -- March 8 in Atlanta. Play will start from the time after O'Neal's disputed sixth foul.

The Hawks also were fined $50,000, with commissioner David Stern ruling the team was "grossly negligent" in failing to address the mistake.

The protest is the first granted by the NBA since December 1982, when then-NBA commissioner Larry O'Brien upheld a request for a replay by the San Antonio Spurs after their 137-132 double-overtime loss to the Los Angeles Lakers the previous month.

The Spurs and Lakers finished the game in April 1983, with San Antonio winning 117-114.

Quote:

The Hawks also were fined $50,000, with commissioner David Stern ruling the team was "grossly negligent" in failing to address the mistake.

I don't see how we were grossly negligent if the heat didn't notice it and complain when it happened either.

Quote:

The NBA said Friday the replay will be held before the teams' next scheduled game

Does this mean that on March 8, right before the regular game, the two teams will be cold and will play a 52 second game to determine who wins? That's madness!

Quote:

Quote:

I don't see how we were grossly negligent if the heat didn't notice it and complain when it happened either.

Actually, it sounds like someone did notice, but the Hawks ignored them:

"and failed to respond effectively when the members of the statisticians' crew noticed the mistake."

I think the "game" will start with Miami having the ball. They say Shaq left the game with the Hawks up by 1. So I assume they are letting the Hawks keep their 2 free throws they made, giving the ball to Miami with the score 114 to 111.

• Moderators

Man Miami is pathetic. Like Shaq and Wade don't get enough calls the league has to grant them new ones. So they screwed up. I'm sure Shaq had 15 offensive fouls in actuality. They didn't argue because Shaq had to go to the bench for oxygen anyway.

I don't root for someone to get injured but I hope Shaq slips on some of Riley's dippity-do on the way onto the court and has to sit this one out.

Heat, Hawks to replay final minute of Dec. 19 game later this year

Associated Press

Updated: January 11, 2008, 5:16 PM ET

Comment

Email

Print

ATLANTA -- The Atlanta Hawks and Miami Heat must replay the final 51.9 seconds of their game last month because the NBA said the official scorer ruled incorrectly that Shaquille O'Neal fouled out. This will be the first time since 1982 the league has sent teams back on the court for a replay.

The Hawks won 117-111 at home in overtime Dec. 19. The NBA said Friday the replay will be held before the teams' next scheduled game -- March 8 in Atlanta. Play will start from the time after O'Neal's disputed sixth foul.

The protest is the first granted by the NBA since December 1982, when then-NBA commissioner Larry O'Brien upheld a request for a replay by the San Antonio Spurs after their 137-132 double-overtime loss to the Los Angeles Lakers the previous month.

The Spurs and Lakers finished the game in April 1983, with San Antonio winning 117-114.

can the Hawks afford a 50K fine?

Quote:

Hadn't seen this posted yet.

We have to replay the end of that Miami game before our next game with them with 53 seconds left and us up by 3.

Miami won the protest of Shaq being called out on fouls... even though he likely won't play in the next one due to being fat and out of shape.

They are about to start a fire. Can we get the point that they did not give to up from the Lue 3pt. It was clearly the Ref fought, because Lue was behind the 3Pt line and they only gave us 2pts. I could help our stats wink.gif

Quote:

can the Hawks afford a 50K fine?

They've paid stiffs millions. I think they can pony up the dough.

This is nuts! Does anyone remember what Miami's record was when they filed the protest? They're totally out now, but they probably still thought they had a chance when they filed. Could you imagine if we fall one game short if we lose this?

• Admin

THis is dumb. What are all of those assistant coaches on Miami's bench doing? One of them has to be keeping track of fouls. YOu have one minute after a player fouls out to get organized. That was PLENTY of time for Miami's bench to figure out Shaq was still not fouled out. I think that is a big mistake on their side.

The big question is do we get the ball or do they?

This is nuts. What if some guys are injured and can't play.

They should have to let back into the arena all the Hawks fans who went to the original game, so that they can see the finish.

Then after 53 seconds they can let in the fans for the other game.

Fans should sue that if they didn't see the full game, they should get a ticket to another game. Or a refund!!!!!!!

Ridiculous....

The Referees in that game are the ones that should be fined. David Stern is a JackA$$. Hey it would be crazy if that game we have to replay goes in to overtime. We would have to play OT for that game and then turn right around and have the regularly scheduled game for March 8th.