• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Rumer: Bucks after Marvin.

mrhonline

• Premium Member

http://www.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=753339

Quote:

We first got this info from BuckSkinsFan and now Woelfel has confirmed through his sources that the Bucks are trying to acquire Marvin Williams (we've also been told the Bucks have a strong interest in Acie Law). Now, this could end up going absolutely nowhere. I'm sure there are a number of players the Bucks would like to trade for and never will. But in this instance, I think the two teams have pieces the other could want.

The Hawks are trying to find a PG and while they showed no interest in Mo last summer, perhaps their feelings about him have changed or maybe if they strike out trying to get someone like Miller or Bibby, they'd be willing to settle for Mo as a last resort. They have a glut of SF type players so even though Williams is playing well, they could afford to deal him and not suffer a huge drop-off in production.

I'll continue to push for the following trade:

Mo/Villanueva

FOR

Marvin/Claxton

I think it's a deal that clearly benefits the Bucks given how Marvin would be a major upgrade at SF and it could help the Hawks if they believe Mo is a starting PG for their vastly improved team. The Bucks would suffer a downgrade at PG but I think the combination of Bell, Ivey and Sessions could get the team by until the draft, which has a number of strong PG prospects.

Discuss.

Europa's a fairly decent poster, but this post smacks of Bucks' homerism to me. If anything, it'd be Yi -for- Marvin.

I am a big Marvin fan but I wouldn't hesitate to do this deal. Mo is really starting to turn into a very good starting PG and V puts up pretty decent numbers, has good size, and he can stretch the D out to the 3pt line. Mo is also an excellent 3pt shooter and it's becoming apparent that we absolutely have to find someone else beside JJ that can score from the 3pt line.

this looks like a trade that 3 years down the line people go "Hawks traded Marvin for who again?"

If Mo was so great, Milwaukee would not be getting rid of him when points are at a premium and they just got rid of one in TJ Ford couple years ago. No thanks, I'd rather wait for Acie to develop.

Quote:

this looks like a trade that 3 years down the line people go "Hawks traded Marvin for who again?"

If Mo was so great, Milwaukee would not be getting rid of him when points are at a premium and they just got rid of one in TJ Ford couple years ago. No thanks, I'd rather wait for Acie to develop.

Acie will never develop into a starting PG, he's a solid back-up at best.

We need to trade for Sergio Rodriguez, he's a magician with the ball.

Quote:

Are you guys retarded,
who know how good Marvin will be in 3 year!
Hell no to this deal, plus Mo Williams has a pretty big contract for the next 5 years.

Dude stop with that crap! For all we know Marvin could leave if this team stay on this path. I would do this trade in a heart beat. stop living for the future. We are living for now, and we know Mo is a very good PG who would set this team off. It would Mos Def set JJ off to a good step. Mo, JJ, and V would open the paint for J-Smoove to bring his game to a new level.

think of it this way... we didn't draft Marvin, we got Mo instead lol

Quote:

Unless you're rebuilding, you're usually making a mistake when you trade the best player in the deal. The best player mentioned is Marvin Williams.

That's right! We should only trade if we get something real in return...

• Premium Member

Quote:

http://www.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=753339

Quote:

We first got this info from BuckSkinsFan and now Woelfel has confirmed through his sources that the Bucks are trying to acquire Marvin Williams (we've also been told the Bucks have a strong interest in Acie Law). Now, this could end up going absolutely nowhere. I'm sure there are a number of players the Bucks would like to trade for and never will. But in this instance, I think the two teams have pieces the other could want.

The Hawks are trying to find a PG and while they showed no interest in Mo last summer, perhaps their feelings about him have changed or maybe if they strike out trying to get someone like Miller or Bibby, they'd be willing to settle for Mo as a last resort. They have a glut of SF type players so even though Williams is playing well, they could afford to deal him and not suffer a huge drop-off in production.

I'll continue to push for the following trade:

Mo/Villanueva

FOR

Marvin/Claxton

I think it's a deal that clearly benefits the Bucks given how Marvin would be a major upgrade at SF and it could help the Hawks if they believe Mo is a starting PG for their vastly improved team. The Bucks would suffer a downgrade at PG but I think the combination of Bell, Ivey and Sessions could get the team by until the draft, which has a number of strong PG prospects.

Discuss.

Europa's a fairly decent poster, but this post smacks of Bucks' homerism to me. If anything, it'd be Yi -for- Marvin.

If there is a subsequent trade that gets rid of Lue, I'd do it.

Getting out of Speedy's contract and getting a good PG is worth the move.