• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks won't make playoffs

Vol4ever

• Premium Member

unless a deal at the deadline comes along. I believe the most glaring need on this team is another scorer, doesxn't necessarily have to be a shooter, but we need more scoring.

Another season of failure unless the necassary changes are made.

• Premium Member

Quote:

If making the playoffs means BK and Woody keep their jobs then i hope the Hawks don't make it. The players deserve better than having to deal with those clowns.

I agree the imcompetence of this franchise is unelievable.

Quote:

If making the playoffs means BK and Woody keep their jobs then i hope the Hawks don't make it. The players deserve better than having to deal with those clowns.

Exactly. I could see them backing into the playoffs with a 37-45 record, getting swept, and the incompetent ASG spouting out about how great they are in the AJC the very next day after Boston kicks the crap outta them and giving them both extensions.

I see that the Sith (group wanting Belkin/anyone else to take over for the ASG) is growing day by day. Come join the dark side....

Quote:

How ironic! I said the same damn thing over a week ago, and a bunch of clowns came out can pounced all over me for saying the exact same thing. How intriguing...

The biggest deal the Hawks need to make isnt a trade...it's a firing of both Woodson and BK. You cant win anything when coaching is sooo sub par--no matter how good the talent.

The chef (Woodson) AND the one buying the groceries (BK) needs to be run out on a rail. There isn't a soul on this board who can defend where the this team is right now; even KB, one of BK's most ardent supporters, has gone noticeably silent. Its a mess and its all self-made. First, AOL-Time Warner forcing Schoerholtz to gut the team in order to save a buck. Then comes Vick and his dog-fighting escapades. Then Petrino doing what he does. Yet and still, we're in YEAR NINE of this debauchery of an 'organization' (and I mean that loosely). Any other questions as to why the locals here decide to stay home and wait on spring football to start?

Quote:

unless a deal at the deadline comes along. I believe the most glaring need on this team is another scorer, doesxn't necessarily have to be a shooter, but we need more scoring.

I predicted 34 wins (again) after watching last season. We wanted to blame injuries last year. Wasn't the real problem. We want to blame Woodson this year. Despite what people want to believe, Woody Is only 1/3rd of the real problem. BK is the another 1/3rd to 1/2 the real problem. ASG is another 1/4 to 1/3rd of the real problem.

As far as the players are concerned, it's hard to evaluate them as they play on such a fatally flawed, poorly designed team (BK), with such a horrible coach (Woody). Until they are both gone we will be guessing to a large extent as to their effectiveness on a well coached, well designed team. Woody gone would be a start. It's a real problem unlike injuries last year. But like injuries last year, Woody is no more a problem than the team's architect and the person who hired him in the first place, BK.

W

Quote:

As far as the players are concerned, it's hard to evaluate them as they play on such a fatally flawed, poorly designed team (BK), with such a horrible coach (Woody). Until they are both gone we will be guessing to a large extent as to their effectiveness on a well coached, well designed team. Woody gone would be a start. It's a real problem unlike injuries last year. But like injuries last year, Woody is no more a problem than the team's architect and the person who hired him in the first place, BK.

W

This is so conspicuously true that it's no where close to being funny.

Quote:

Making the playoffs shouldn't mean that. But people also have to look at it this way:

If we don't make the playoffs, what does that do to the mindset of JJ and Smoove? This is Year 4 for Smoove and Year 3 for JJ in a Hawks uniform. With the East as weak as it is, and with us not having any major injuries, there's no excuse in making it this year.

If we don't make it now, why should any of those guys want to stay here? I could easily see JJ demanding to be traded or even Smoove asking the Hawks not to match any deal this summer, if that happens.

Making the playoffs takes precedent over just about everything, even if you're being set up to be a sacrificial lamb. The experience of getting there trumps even Woody or BK being fired. Making the playoffs is the reason why a guy like Andre Miller, probably won't be traded to anybody now. Jersey and the Hawks have continuously left the door wide open for everybody below us.

At 21 - 28, we may have to go a minimum of 15 - 18 the rest of the way, to get in. Realistically, we probably have to win 17 - 20 more games to get in. My fear is that if we play horribly on this road trip, that we may not recover enough to win the easier games in March and April.

Woody's only chance, is to make that switch at PG, and hope Acie can have a positive impact on the game, while playing 30+ minutes a night. If he still believes in AJ, he should be fired.

Quote:

If we don't make the playoffs, what does that do to the mindset of JJ and Smoove? This is Year 4 for Smoove and Year 3 for JJ in a Hawks uniform. With the East as weak as it is, and with us not having any major injuries, there's no excuse in making it this year.

If we don't make it now, why should any of those guys want to stay here? I could easily see JJ demanding to be traded or even Smoove asking the Hawks not to match any deal this summer, if that happens.

I've been saying that for over a year now. That's why I was pushing so hard for them to go after Gasol before the draft. You really think JJ would've signed here if he knew that AJ, Lo, Speedy, and Zaza would be the only other veterans coming aboard? How many times you think the Joshes heard 'come play for a REAL team after your contract's up' while on the court? If they maintain the status quo and miss the playoffs, do you honestly see them wanting to sign extentions here?

Quote:

Quote:

W

This is so conspicuously true that it's no where close to being funny.

If we don't get the part about whom to resign and for what and whom to trade and for what correct over the next 2-3 years this rebuild that BK repeatedly crow-barred on the knee will never walk again. I don't think we can assess these players under Woody or assess their value to a properly constructed TEAM under BK.

Moreover, who the hell wants BK to do the assessing?!?!?!?!?! He "assessed" us (or in the case of SW did not "assess" at all) into this mess! His opinion of these players and this team is to be considered errant and biased. Nobody should want that for this team at this critical juncture.

W

This team is not a competitor team. The owners obviously don't care because if they did, they would be doing something about Woodson. It's become clear to me that the only purpose of this team is to not win a championship, but to just compete. Blame the ownership, blame the management, and blame the coach.

Quote:

This team is not a competitor team. The owners obviously don't care because if they did, they would be doing something about Woodson. It's become clear to me that the only purpose of this team is to not win a championship, but to just compete. Blame the ownership, blame the management, and blame the coach.

I can't fire the ownership and regardless, they didn't draft these player/compile this team like BK nor did they coach this team like Woody.

Responsibility exists throughout, however, change can only be expected to happen as it concerns the coach and the GM.

W

• Premium Member

Quote:

Quote:

How ironic! I said the same damn thing over a week ago, and a bunch of clowns came out can pounced all over me for saying the exact same thing. How intriguing...

The biggest deal the Hawks need to make isnt a trade...it's a firing of both Woodson and BK. You cant win anything when coaching is sooo sub par--no matter how good the talent.

I pretty much said the same thing and was laughed out of the thread...

The truth is that NJ and Phillie's schedule gets easier and ours gets harder...

We can't beat any team with a pulse on the road and we still have a TON of road games left.

We haven't been on track to the playoffs for a while.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Quote:

Bookmarked

Thanks I'll be waiting!

Quote:

... How many times you think the Joshes heard 'come play for a REAL team after your contract's up' while on the court? If they maintain the status quo and miss the playoffs, do you honestly see them wanting to sign extentions here?

Very good point Dejay. We always hear that re-signing Smoove is going to happen..we love him and he's an Atlanta boy. What if the kid gets smart?...and says to himself...Gee, I'd like to be on a winner - on National TV...I may even want a ring!