• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Thank you, Atlanta Spirit!

mrhonline

• Premium Member

The original rumor mentioned Salim. I still think a 2nd deal may be attached to the Bibby deal with Salim going for Justin Williams. Then again, you might be able to use Salim as the 3rd PG...

I do know that Sacramento has to cut at least two players, and that there will be definite cuts after the deadline.

I'd say Salim, West, and Childress are the only real trade otions at this point. (Zaza and Jones may not be world-beaters, but they're bigs the Hawks can't afford to get rid of).

I haven't seen Bibby much the last couple of years so i don't know how good he is any more. I do know that basically we gave up nothing to get him.

Even if he doesn't work out we will have a nice expiring contract next year to make a deal with. I don't really see any downside assuming the ASG is willing to spend the money to fill the other holes in the team and resign Smith.

This is pretty much official...It was REALLY neat to see it on the bottom ticker of ABC during the college game that is on right now... That's awesome to see!

I am proud to be a season ticket holder right now! I want to see the playoffs back in Atlanta!

It's all about bird rights lol. Only 18 guys in the league can veto a trade that don't have the direct clauses in the contract

George, Earl Barron, Justin Williams, Pietrus, Barnes, Azubuieke, Mihm, McInnis, Derrek Anderson, Anthnoy Carter, Dwayen Jones, Mutombo, Pargo, Marks, Jacque Vaughn, darrick martin, Roger Mason, CJ Miles

Quote:

Without a doubt I would have moved Zaza instead of Shelden. I would have kept AJ for security and sent Salim or Mario.

I hate to loose Shelden cause he will be successful in the league and could have been here.

Yes and no. I would have wanted Zaza gone too and just kept Shelden, but what can you do? AJ was nice while he was here, but if he has to go to get Bibby, then off you go. I am glad we kept Salim. He's a decent SG (though undersized) if he ever had a coach that would utilize him correctly.

I wish we could have thrown in Woody into the trade for good measure. I would have taken a bag of popcorn for him in return...

Quote:

I give them credit for finally doing something. I am not going overboard though. It basically took the team falling out of the playoffs and everyone getting pissed off at them in order to do something.

Basically...

Now to get us a backup big man and Salim some PT...