• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Bibby is nice, but we should have Paul.

plato

The Marvin over Paul decision might be one of the worst draft mistakes in NBA history. Shelden over Brandon Roy wasn't too great either. Until we get a competent GM, we will never contend for a championship, no matter how many lottery picks we get. It's time the league step in and force a conclusion of the ownership struggle. It's not fair to Hawks fans to have our team lose because we don't have an owner smart enough to fire Woodson and Billy Knight.

Quote:

Oh STFU with that sh!t already. Get over it.

I'm with you too. 95% of everyone back at that time said pick Bogut at 1 and Marvin Williams at 2. If you look at 10 2005 Mock Drafts you will see that too. Now you got these SO CALLED smart guys saying NOW we should have picked CP3. Well DAMN, the Bobcats should have picked Roy at 3 in the 2006 draft.

I have never been a big Marvin Williams guy. I said at the start of the season we should trade him for a big but I'm not going to come on here and act like I knew we should have picked CP over him. Marvin was the smart pick in the 2005 draft. The Dumb pick was S-Williams over Roy.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Quote:

I'm with you too. 95% of everyone back at that time said pick Bogut at 1 and Marvin Williams at 2. If you look at 10 2005 Mock Drafts you will see that too. Now you got these SO CALLED smart guys saying NOW we should have picked CP3. Well DAMN, the Bobcats should have picked Roy at 3 in the 2006 draft.

I have never been a big Marvin Williams guy. I said at the start of the season we should trade him for a big but I'm not going to come on here and act like I knew we should have picked CP over him. Marvin was the smart pick in the 2005 draft. The Dumb pick was S-Williams over Roy.

The thing is that there are so many other things you can criticize about BK, that I don't understand why everyone has to bring up Paul... How about the fact we haven't had a SINGLE fa acquisition that isn't a total, absolute, joke the last 5! off seasons.

Be a little creative guys.

People are only annoyed, because it is true. I know the "experts" were so high on Marvin Williams, but my philosophy is a great point guard or big man should always come before a small forward with "potential". I'm an honest guy even on a message board, so yes I would have taken Bogut before any of them, but my second choice was Deron Williams, and then Paul third. I've always thought Marvin Williams would become more of a Shareef than a Carmelo, which is not a bad thing, but I knew that Williams/Paul would have more of an impact, especially on a rebuilding team.

Of course, I have only agreed with 1 or 2 of Billy Knight's draft picks or free agent signings anyway. I believe he has built a very flawed team, that despite being young, does not have the upside of some of the other young teams in the league. I don't like being undersized at the 4 and 5, because I think this team will always struggle in the low post and on the boards with that combo. Run, run, run is what everyone wants, but I don't see enough ball handlers on the court to achieve that goal. I hate to say it, but I believe this team will need to be broken down again, because the goal was a championship contender, and right now I just don't see it.

Quote:

Quote:

Not to "toot" my own horn, but I knew that Paul was the right pick.

Every since that fateful day I knew BK was a terrible GM, and he has done everything since to prove me right.

Quote:

People are only annoyed, because it is true. I know the "experts" were so high on Marvin Williams, but my philosophy is a great point guard or big man should always come before a small forward with "potential". I'm an honest guy even on a message board, so yes I would have taken Bogut before any of them, but my second choice was Deron Williams, and then Paul third. I've always thought Marvin Williams would become more of a Shareef than a Carmelo, which is not a bad thing, but I knew that Williams/Paul would have more of an impact, especially on a rebuilding team.

Of course, I have only agreed with 1 or 2 of Billy Knight's draft picks or free agent signings anyway. I believe he has built a very flawed team, that despite being young, does not have the upside of some of the other young teams in the league. I don't like being undersized at the 4 and 5, because I think this team will always struggle in the low post and on the boards with that combo. Run, run, run is what everyone wants, but I don't see enough ball handlers on the court to achieve that goal. I hate to say it, but I believe this team will need to be broken down again, because the goal was a championship contender, and right now I just don't see it.

Totally false. If the sports page had the same stuff every day I would not read it. Regardless whether it's true or not it so worn out that it's total B.S. Time to move people.

Quote:

Quote:

I was one of the guys saying "draft Paul or D.Williams. Marvin plays the same position as Smith, and Marvin will never be as good as Smoove." In fact, most hawks followers i knew held the same opinion. It was common sense to go with a pg, but Billy always has to go against the grain.

Monumental mistakes like this should not be tolerated. Passing up on guys like Paul, Roy and Bynum year after year is unacceptable.