I swear to God.

I have never seen a player so bad.

He can't catch a ball.

He can't shoot

He can't defend

He can't dribble

He can't walk or run correctly.

What can this clown do?

He's had one good game since December (which was against the worst team in the league, in his hometown).

Do NOT extend his contract, and trade him this summer for a healthy baloney sandwich

Marvin playeed well all season until the last 6-8 games. I know they said he was hurt. To me if this is all he can do playing with an injury than his minutes need to be reduced or he needs to sit. We dont have enough bodies to put him on IR but he should NOT BE STARTING right now.

Quote:

Marvin playeed well all season until the last 6-8 games. I know they said he was hurt. To me if this is all he can do playing with an injury than his minutes need to be reduced or he needs to sit. We dont have enough bodies to put him on IR but he should NOT BE STARTING right now.

what injury?

Marvin Williams is one of the best up and coming mid range shooters in the game, and for the last 6 games with bibby he hasn't even been apart of the offense.

SOMEONE PLEASE TELL MIKE BIBBY THAT JOSH SMITH IS NOT A SECOND OPTION!!!!!!

For the first 7 possession of the second half of the Spurs game he went exclusively to Josh Smith like he was Nique. AND SEVEN POSSESSIONS STRAIGHT JOSH SMITH COMES UP EMPTY.

WHAT DO YOU PEOPLE EXPECT FROM MARVIN WILLIAMS????!!!!!

For the entire first half he didn't get any touches and he continued to play D and scrap for rebounds after being constantly overlook by MIKE BIBBY!!!!! The only person Mike Bibby looks for on O is Josh Smith and Joe Johnson. Hell he even looks for Josh Smith more than he does Joe Johnson!!!

Then the idiot coach expects a scorer like Marvin to be able to deliver after being frozed out for 3 quarters???

THE COACH IS AN IDIOT, YOU FANS ARE IDIOTS, AND MIKE BIBBY FLAT OUT SUCK!!!

P.S. Whoever wrote that "Sucks" post the other day I commend you!!! It really describes what's going on in Atlanta!!!!

• Premium Member

Quote:

I swear to God.

I have never seen a player so bad.

He can't catch a ball.

He can't shoot

He can't defend

He can't dribble

He can't walk or run correctly.

What can this clown do?

He's had one good game since December (which was against the worst team in the league, in his hometown).

Do NOT extend his contract, and trade him this summer for a healthy baloney sandwich

I'm surprised that the whole nation of Marvin loyalist haven't sought for you to be banned for pushing over their sacred cow.

• Moderators

I was waiting for someone to come to Marvin's defense seeing how he was our franchise player just a couple months ago. Face it, Marvin disappeared long before Bibby got here. He's done squat lately. As much as we hear about Marvin being able to create his own shot it doesn't happen. He is quick enough to take people off the dribble but usually doesn't finish. This isn't the D-league. Three years of playing 30+ minutes a night should have yielded something by now.

But I'll give all these guys a pass as long as Woodson is here. There is really no offense being run. Marvin, Chilll, Smoove, Horford all have skills that could be utilized on offense but they just aren't.

marvin has regressed and it started BEFORE bibby. His D has gotten lazy as he chooses to stab at the ball when someone is driving rather than move his feet and that is NOT woody's fault (although most things are in my opinion). Personally I think Bibby should be the second option but in any case Smoove is ALWAYS a better option than marvin.

Can't Score if you're not getting the ball. Scorers have to get touches to be productive. I wish someone could pull up a stat on the number of touches each guy had last night and I can almost garantee that Marvin had fewer than any of our starter last night.

We don't have any half court offense and Mike Bibby need to watch film on his teamates instead of letting those NBA TV highlights fool him like Josh Smith is a 1st/2nd option. MIKE BIBBY ACTUALLY BELIEVES THAT JOSH SMITH'S A GO TO GUY.

Until we can get a new coach that gives these guys specific roles we are in trouble.

It's going to be very Hard with Woody to make the playoffs even in the east.

Quote:

This isn't the D-league. Three years of playing 30+ minutes a night should have yielded something by now.

We GAVE Marvin the Sf position when we traded Al Harrington. GAVE it to him and some of the responsibility to boot. The guy couldn't step up if his life depended on it. Offseasons of jelly doughnuts (out of shape at the biggest job interview of his life), pilates, college life, and needing to be reminded by assistant coaches that he chose to be an NBA player and in the offseason should ACT like one (get to work!).

Christ, why did we draft him? Weren't people watching him at UNC?!? He WANTED to be a nobody! He played like he wanted to be in the shadows. He wasn't even remotely highly ranked the year prior and he did nothing to suggest personality wise or numbers wise that he had changed.

Sorry, but this guy royally should piss EVERYONE off but instead seems to garner the sympathy of so many HSers. WTF? He's busy going to college and doing 10 minute abs in the offseason. You've got to be kidding me. During the season he's a passive rabbit and as inconsistent as a HSer despite all the opportunity a young player could EVER want.

The HS sympathy, any sympathy for MW is just plain wasted and pathetic. He CHOSE to come to the NBA early when he wasn't ready. He CHOSE to ride the coat tails of the UNC hyped season WHEN HE WASN'T READY! Yet when he got here he CHOSE to go back to school AS IF HE WAS READY or it simply doesn't matter all that much to him. Even NOW as ready as MW SHOULD BE he simply does not have the personality to become much more than he is. It's all so sad FOR US and that is where the sympathy should lie, not with poor wittle MW.

Sorry, must rant every now and then.

W

I mean I wanted Chris Paul just as bad as anyone and Yes Marvin was the wrong pick but to say he is out of shape and a bust is overboard.

That kid's game has improved tremendously and he plays harder and with more passion than Joe Johnson on any night.

I guess I'm the only one that see he isn't getting the ball anymore. Hey Walt, Go find a stat on touches last night and maybe you want be so hard on Marvin!

I think. I can't remember exactly which game it was but it happened on the Western road trip before this last one.

At this point, I don't think it is bothering him as much but I do think he developed some bad habits while playing through the injury that are causing him not to be as effective now. He lost a lot of mobility and as a result, he reverted back to his annoying habit of trying to lower his shoulder into people when driving to the basket. He also started reaching on D because he couldn't move as well. Finally, his J looks a little off balance to me like he was trying to jump and land on his good leg rather than keeping his balance. What he needs is a few games off - both to practice and to rest.

• Moderators

Quote:

On offense he's been very bad lately, but his defense had actually been pretty darn good, including last night.

That is my impression as well. Terrible on offense lately and still too passive but the D has been very solid all year long.

He absolutely needs to step up his game on offense.

Quote:

but to say he is out of shape and a bust is overboard.

Huh?!? When did I use the word "bust". Relative to the other potential picks MW was and is BY FAR the worst. I've also indicated that MW will never be a great NBA anything. I never said "bust" but avoiding the "bust" label is a remarkably low standard for the #2 pick in that draft.

Furthermore, I also said he came to the biggest interview of his life (not this season) OUT OF SHAPE. These aren't even my words but the reporter who saw his tryout with ATL. He also has not worked hard or smart during the offseasons. When you enter the NBA early, you do so knowing you have remedial work to do. MW prefers to spend his offseasons in school, a noble endeavor, but having nothing to do with basketball, and had to be coaxed into that work this past offseason by his assistant coach. Other past offseasons we've heard about core strengthening workouts. With Josh Smith we hear about much, MUCH more and his offseasons aren't even so much of an issue being he's living up and exceeding 17 pick status.

Quote:

That kid's game has improved tremendously and he plays harder and with more passion than Joe Johnson on any night.

Like hell he does. "The kid" is a tired excuse. He's been in the NBA THREE YEARS now and has started TWO of them as a handout. If he's a kid it's because he CHOSE not to be a man. He's been given every opportunity and instead in the offseason he either does pilates or needs assistants to coax him to even work on his game.

Quote:

I guess I'm the only one that see he isn't getting the ball anymore.

He doesn't get the ball because he can't make a move with it without falling over himself and can't even shoot it anymore (as someone else sited he is shooting 37% this month). Come on. MW doesn't deserve such sympathy for his NBA plight. I hate BK for selecting MW #2 but given every opportunity nobody should like what MW has made of himself on the court since then.

W

• Moderators

He had 9 field goal attempts, 1 offensive rebound and 2 steals. That's 12 touches but I guess you could make the case that the O rebound resulted in a FG attempt. so 11 touches minimum assuming he never got the ball any other time and passed it to someone. 4 points.

Of course Bibby was almost as bad but did have 5 assists. Smoove and Horford had 13 rebounds each. I thought Marvin looked good on defense though. But Ira Newble could fill the role Marvin has had the last few weeks.

There is no sense sticking with what doesn't work. Right now our offense doesn't work. Maybe try moving JJ to the 3 and start Chill, Richardson, Salim at the two. Give Marvin a little break to get back on track. It doesn't mean we've given up on him. This is just basic coaching. Oh..right.