• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Game 78: Atlanta VS Indiana Game Thread

gsuteke

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Woody's stupidity never ceases to amaze me. horford picks up his second foul and goes to the becn. Zaza comes in and indy predictably goes on a run. does Horford ever come back in? No.

it amazes me that people can't see how clueless Woody is.

Zaza needs to be cut asap the guy is freaking enigma he cant even catch the ball in traffic and is so damn clumsy. The lead def. went away when Zaza and his big head came into the game. I hope he doesnt play 1 minute the rest of the season. This is going to hurt us come playoff time when our only back up big man is a 6-11 clumsy goon.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Woody's stupidity never ceases to amaze me. horford picks up his second foul and goes to the becn. Zaza comes in and indy predictably goes on a run. does Horford ever come back in? No.

it amazes me that people can't see how clueless Woody is.

Woodson is not 0-6 from the field and letting his man get past him on every defensive possession. Flip Murray is averaging 3 assist per game. He has 6 in the first half with no turn-overs!

So Al Horford “fouled out” of the first half after getting two fouls in 6 minutes. Does Woodson understand that you get six? Al’s minutes have gone to Marvin Williams and Zaza Pachulia, neither of whom can guard either Jermaine O’Neil or Jeff Foster.

Al: +1 in the first half. Zaza: -23 in the first half.

Why is Zaza getting twice as many minutes as Al?

Bob Rathbun: The Hawks got off to a great start in the first five and a half minutes. What’s changed Smitty?

(What Smitty should have said): The head coach is giving away points by refusing to put his best defender on the floor.

Quote:

So Al Horford “fouled out” of the first half after getting two fouls in 6 minutes. Does Woodson understand that you get six? Al’s minutes have gone to Marvin Williams and Zaza Pachulia, neither of whom can guard either Jermaine O’Neil or Jeff Foster.

Al: +1 in the first half. Zaza:
-23 in the first half.

Why is Zaza getting twice as many minutes as Al?

Bob Rathbun: The Hawks got off to a great start in the first five and a half minutes. What’s changed Smitty?

(What Smitty should have said): The head coach is giving away points by refusing to put his best defender on the floor.

Horford has fouled out of only 1 game all season, and he played 43 minutes that game.

Woodson's stupidity is so obvious it is hard to believe people can't see it.

Yeah with the minutes especially this is a consistent pattern. Your normal coach sits a guy if he has more fouls than the quarter number (2 in the 1st, 3 in the 2nd...). With Woody it's 1 less. 2 fouls in the first? See you in the 3rd quarter. How annoying.

I am trying to suspend my dislike of Woody to enjoy the playoff run, but I honestly don't know what I would do if Woody was retained for next year.

Quote:

Yeah with the minutes especially this is a consistent pattern. Your normal coach sits a guy if he has more fouls than the quarter number (2 in the 1st, 3 in the 2nd...). With Woody it's 1 less. 2 fouls in the first? See you in the 3rd quarter. How annoying.

No, he only does this with Al Horford. He'll play Zaza Pachulia with three fouls in the second quarter, but Al continues to sit with two. Which is just crazy, since Al is the third most important player to the Hawks' success (Childress is a slightly better player at this point, but his having an off night doesn't preclude a loss). If Al ever gets five fouls, he sits for the rest of the game, regardless of the score, situation, and amount of time left.

Quote:

horford would not have stopped what was going on

Probably not, but judging by the amount of times that Zaza was out of position, plus his inability to generate offense, I'd guess that Horford would have at least slowed it down.