• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

NBA Schedule to be anounced 2nite

PureGreatness

Here is the playoff schedule...

Sunday, April 20: Atlanta at Boston, 8:30 p.m.

Wednesday, April 23: Atlanta at Boston, 8 p.m.

Saturday, April 26: Boston at Atlanta, 8 p.m.

Monday, April 28: Boston at Atlanta, 8 p.m

Wednesday, April 30: Atlanta at Boston, TBA, if necessary

Friday, May 2: Boston at Atlanta, TBA, if necessary

Sunday, May 4: Atlanta at Boston, TBA, if necessary

The schedule for the other teams is here -> http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/bask...ex.html?eref=T1

Cheers

Rick

I think its a combination of the fact that Atlanta is an NBA city that hasn't had a team worth supporting for years. NBA ratings in Atlanta are always among the tops in the nation.

Factor in that there are a ton of people from Boston, Connecticut and the rest of New England down here, on top of the Celtics being a terricic team, and you have the makings for a highly rated 1st round matchup.

Glad that the Hawks will get some national exposure, lets just hope we aren't too embarrased in these games.

Quote:

I think its a combination of the fact that Atlanta is an NBA city that hasn't had a team worth supporting for years. NBA ratings in Atlanta are always among the tops in the nation.

Factor in that there are a ton of people from Boston, Connecticut and the rest of New England down here, on top of the Celtics being a terricic team, and you have the makings for a highly rated 1st round matchup.

Glad that the Hawks will get some national exposure, lets just hope we aren't too embarrased in these games.

NBA city? Is that why even our home playoff games probably won't be sold out?

• Moderators

Quote:

Quote:

In terms of cities where people watch the NBA on TV, Atlanta is one of the highest. In terms of attendance, they are not. That leads to the speculation that Atlanta is a somewhat untapped NBA market where there are a lot of basketball fans who are not engaged by the current or recent product.

(1) Boston Celtics vs. (8) Atlanta Hawks

Things to like: Kevin Garnett, Ray Allen, Paul Pierce, Joe Johnson, Josh Smith, and seeing if Mike Bibby can pull off some playoff magic once again. This series should be over fairly quickly, though it wouldn’t surprise me if Bibby and company pulled off an upset win in a game or two. But otherwise, just enjoy seeing some young stars like Smith and Johnson and the veterans like Garnett, Allen, and Pierce.

Things to not like: They’re still the Hawks and they made the playoffs with a losing record.

Prediction: Celtics in 4

Series Schedule:

Game 1: Hawks at Celtics 4/20, 8:30 PM, TNT

Game 2: Hawks at Celtics 4/23, 8:00 PM, TNT

Game 3: Celtics at Hawks 4/26, 8:00 PM, ESPN

Game 4: Celtics at Hawks 4/28, 8:00 PM, TNT

Game 5: Hawks at Celtics 4/30, TBA*

Game 6: Celtics at Hawks 5/2, TBA*

Game 7: Hawks at Celtics 5/4, TBA*

Quote:

Quote:

We sold out the last game against Boston which was during the REGULAR season, so there's no way in hell we don't sell out for them in the playoffs. If we can sell out Thrashers playoff games, we can definitely do it for the Hawks.

Quote:

We sold out the last game against Boston which was during the REGULAR season, so there's no way in hell we don't sell out for them in the playoffs. If we can sell out Thrashers playoff games, we can definitely do it for the Hawks.

Problem is not selling out the place.....the problem will be all the green shirts. I hope the

Hawks fans take pride in their town and their building and keep those Boston fans from making any noise in our house.

Yeah, I'm worried about that also. I remember last year when we played the Lakers and Kobe/JJ were going head to head scoring in the 4th quarter. It was just as loud when Kobe scored as it was when the Hawks scored.

That's what sucks about playing Boston and LAL, they both have tons of fans everywhere and travel so well, most of their away games are basically 1/3 filled with their own fans.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

http://www.ajc.com/sports/content/sports/h...burst_0421.html